Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Voll Blau

Cricket 2018

Guest MattP
50 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Just got back in from work - what happened to Bairstow? 

Looked awful, almost his finger got stabbed back into his hand.

How did we got skittled for 161 on this pitch BTW? 

14 minutes ago, MattP said:

Tbf Matt, the Indians, especially Pandya, bowled great lines after lunch yesterday. We shouldn't be surprised though, when England's batsmen are under pressure they tend to fold.

Guest MattP
6 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Tbf Matt, the Indians, especially Pandya, bowled great lines after lunch yesterday. We shouldn't be surprised though, when England's batsmen are under pressure they tend to fold.

They bowled well, but this is very flat. It was never a 161 all out pitch let alone losing ten in a session.

Can see India batting all day, think they'll want 550 on the board.

Edited by MattP

8 minutes ago, MattP said:

They bowled well, but this is very flat. It was never a 161 all out pitch let alone losing ten in a session.

I agree. 161 is pisspoor. I expect India to put them in tonight and have at least 15 overs at them. If the forecast for the next two days is good, they may try and grind England bowlers into the turf by batting on but Root will just start bowling himself and Rashid then. Let's face it, anything over 400 and it's unlikely India will be under any threat really.

12 minutes ago, MattP said:

I haven't seen any of this test yet.

But all the noise I heard pre-match was that day two was going to be a batsman's dream.

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Seen the replays now. Looked disgustingly horrible. There was talk of him being able to come out to bat in 2nd innings. Surely not worth the risk?!:o

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Is it safe to say that if India get anything about a 500 lead, which they will, then pretty much only the weather can save England? 

Where would that rank on a list of record run chases at this ground? 

The biggest chase ever. Think the highest chase record they just showed on screen was about 416 if i remember correctly. So yeah only the weather would save them really unless there's a miraculous 2 days of batting from England! 

30 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Is it safe to say that if India get anything about a 500 lead, which they will, then pretty much only the weather can save England? 

Where would that rank on a list of record run chases at this ground? 

500 would smash the record test run chase on all grounds. Bert is probably right, anything over 300 odd in the 4th innings would be surprising.

Edited by Max Wall

Are India likely just waiting for Kohli to get his century or get out before declaring or do you think they'd consider it complacent to declare on this current total still? 

I assume they'll want England to start batting tonight while they're a bit more tired and with dying light as opposed to fresh in the morning? 

Kohli will definitely be there until his century and possibly beyond. I'd be hugely surprised if they don't make England bat tonight for the reasons you've stated. Bowlers will be fresh too for 15 overs and then return fresh again tomorrow with a relatively hard ball.

Just now, MattP said:

Think they'll have a lead of 550 by 5.30 and probably a declaration then. 

Yep, that won't be far off I imagine. Though Kohli likes to make a point, so he may even declare slightly earlier than most expect. 

Just now, Bobby Hundreds said:

Expect us to be 2 down this evening, have got £20 tickets to see us get bowled out before lunch tomorrow.

Don't think you'll be far off there. Hopefully, for your tickets, they'll get to close without losing a wicket. Simply can't see that though.

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Is there always a new ball at the start of a day or, if a ball has only seen a few overs tonight, do the umpires lock it up overnight and start with it tomorrow? 

It gets locked up.

Ball lasts 80 overs, then a new ball, whether that's across 1 day or 3. Each ball is for 80 overs.

90 overs scheduled each day.

Edited by Max Wall

The next two pitches are very likely to take spin. Whilst the bookies will naturally have England as favourites if they lead 2-1 going into the 4th test, India may be a good shout to take the series 3-2 if the odds are high (weather permitting, as weather's always a f*** up factor with cricket bets).

oh my, Keaton Jennings. You can't be in that position on the field and let that go through your legs. Could have denied Kohli another century. 

Got a bit fortunate as well on the next couple of balls but finally gets the ton in this test.