Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Voll Blau

Cricket 2018

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

when was the last time 2 batsmen batted for the best part of 2 days to save a game, not necessarily to chase a mammoth target but just to bat the time out...?

In the 4th innings in England in muggy conditions?

I'd put good money on it never having happened before.

Pleased for buttler, want to see him do well and cement a place in the test side. Perfect for him really if he shows a bit of patience as the field is attacking and there’s  gaps everywhere to get his boundaries from the bad balls. 

Edited by RowlattsFox

44 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Similar praise to Buttler, same to Stokes for sticking out so long.

Expect the final 2 wickets to go today as well now though. New ball has made such a difference.

Yes Butler and Stokes did a great job,but twice the front 3 (pope as an excuse!!!) Let the team down...

plus Woakes should  have come in before Bairstow...there was still a flickering hope,that Stokes/Woakes/Bairstow,might have taken it further,

into the last day. Bairstow could of benefited from the extra time,away from the crease.

2ndly...2nd inning s for England, again the whole batting unit failed...Again the first 6 went for under 300.

3rd home test,and top 4 are failing to make a mark. 

did however enjoy Butlers 1st ton,and a great fighting innings from Stokes.

for the first time...my first time,that I doubt Cook and Root. Root can suffer a poor series,but cooks late career,could

be finished earlier than,I would hope.

I did say,we should of kept Curran in the side.Personally I would of dropped Jennings,and put Root back as an opener,

tried Stokes at 3 ,Pope down to 5..... 

Edited by fuchsntf

Guest MattP
7 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Jennings has to go. But for whom?

Surely Rory Burns is going to get a chance soon.

Our selectors better not go back to Vince or someone else who has already had a chance. 

It all seems a bit daft coming back tomorrow I assume they bowled extra overs tonight does that come out of tomorrow’s total?

I’m tempted to say just declare tonight and don’t go through the rigmarole of all coming back tomorrow for potentially one delivery.

Edited by Captain...