Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Voll Blau

Cricket 2018

It was quickly swept under the carpet last week but it was admitted that Glamorgan received £2.5 million for 'not bidding for a test match'. 

In an era where the likes of us and Northants are seriously shit without the money received by test grounds. You'd have to question what that makes Glamorgan? Receive test grounds money, (even when not holding a test) and on the pitch continue to be crap. 

The ECB is a ****ing cesspit. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

Bloody unlucky that. Still absolutely moronic to be stood chatting when the umpires not made any signal though.

Even more moronic to stay there when the fielder's hurling it in like his life depends on it and the keeper's stood like that. Surely you'd twig? lol

Got day three tickets for Edgbaston - despite the ridiculous increases first three days have sold out in about 45 minutes aside now from singles.

They could start Ashes tickets at £200 and still fill it easily, something I'm scared they might cotton onto.

Edited by MattP

8 hours ago, MattP said:

Got day three tickets for Edgbaston - despite the ridiculous increases first three days have sold out in about 45 minutes aside now from singles.

They could start Ashes tickets at £200 and still fill it easily, something I'm scared they might cotton onto.

Tell me about it!

If Lords had been charging that amount I'd have said it was scandalous! I've got a day two ticket and it cost me £150.

12 hours ago, marko said:

Tell me about it!

If Lords had been charging that amount I'd have said it was scandalous! I've got a day two ticket and it cost me £150.

This is going to be the new normal for Ashes isn't it?

Seriously expensive day with beer travel and hotels thrown in.

I think part of it is the ECB cottoning on to the fact that more and more Aussies are coming over for it every series too now. They're hardly going to come all that way and not go, so you've got a captive audience to an extent. It's absolutely shameful though, as if the ECB's best current efforts to turn cricket into a minority sport for good weren't bad enough...

• 2 weeks later...

Counties agree to structure changes from 2020

The 18 First-Class Counties have agreed to a number of proposals which will bring around changes to the men's domestic structure from 2020 onwards.

These proposals followed the appointment in the summer of the Men’s Domestic Playing Programme group (MDDP), chaired by Chief Executive Wasim Khan MBE and drawn from different sections of the men’s county game and ECB.

The group was asked to consider four areas: i) the structure of the Specsavers County Championship, ii) the number of fixtures in the Vitality Blast, iii) the form of county cricket that should be played during the New Competition and, iv) a possible involvement of the Minor Counties.

It met four times and held a series of consultations across the country to further canvas opinion across the county game. This led to the following four proposals, in turn supported by ECB's Cricket Committee and now agreed to by the 18 First-Class Counties.

COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP: Each team will continue to play 14 matches. To achieve this, three teams will be promoted from Division Two in 2019 with one relegated from Division One. From 2020, promotion and relegation will revert to two-up, two-down. While not significantly affecting the 'best v best' principle in the top division, this change will provide an appropriate increase in security to Division One teams with a smaller percentage being relegated each season, and a correspondingly increased opportunity for Division Two teams as they will have a greater percentage chance of promotion. Due to the asymmetrical nature of 14 matches in a 10-team division a seeding system is being explored to optimise fairness, firstly in Division Two in 2019 followed by Division One from 2020 onwards.

50-OVER COMPETITION: From 2020, the county 50-over competition will be played during the New Competition, in July and August. The counties will be split into two groups of nine - not necessarily along existing North and South lines – and will play each of the other eight counties in their group [four at home and four away] before the top three qualify for the knockout stages. Overseas players will not be permitted to take part in the county 50-over competition.

T20 BLAST: The Vitality Blast will retain its current format, with the counties split into North and South Groups of nine teams each, and each team playing 14 fixtures – seven at home, and seven away. The top four will qualify for quarter finals, with the four winners qualifying for Finals Day at Edgbaston.

MINOR COUNTIES: From 2020, a new round of 50-over fixtures will be played before the domestic One-Day competition in mid-July, with each First-Class County visiting a Minor County.

Wasim said: “It was critical throughout the process to consider a programme that was underpinned by three key principles: supporting sustained success for England teams, maintaining a vibrant domestic game and recognising the importance of red ball cricket.

"There were a number of areas up for discussion which showed the importance of extensively consulting with all 18 First-Class-Counties in a thorough and impartial process. We are very pleased that that there was unanimous support for a structure that will hopefully improve our domestic game and in turn the England teams."

Gordon Hollins, ECB Chief Operating Officer, said: “It was important that the process took in the views of all the stakeholders in the domestic game, especially the counties. After receiving unanimous agreement we will move forward with plans that will help ensure that our domestic game remains as vibrant as possible while producing players to help our England teams remain successful.”

* Follow the Foxes throughout the 2019 season by becoming a Member of the club - more details are coming next week!

http://www.leicestershireccc.co.uk/news/2018/october/counties-agree-to-structure-changes-from-2020.html?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=SocialSignIn

Can see all the Div 2 clubs going big with a promotion push next year.

Hope people get behind these Minor Counties fixtures too. Time to show the ECB that expansion of cricket, rather than contraction, is the way forward for the game in England.

48 minutes ago, MattP said:

Outrageous turn for day one of a test match.

Can't believe we are actually going with Moeen at 3. Ridiculous. 

That side fills me with 0 confidence. This is not the place to stick debutants in, nor Ali at number 3. Funnily enough the scorecard is showing so. 

20 minutes ago, Bert said:

That side fills me with 0 confidence. This is not the place to stick debutants in, nor Ali at number 3. Funnily enough the scorecard is showing so. 

We can't play spin and look very short on batting. They've played it like an ODI.

3 hours ago, MattP said:

We can't play spin and look very short on batting. They've played it like an ODI.

Unless Root scores big every game you’re looking at that and thinking where are the runs coming from? Ok Foakes is doing well but the top order looks poor. 

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Taking a debutant to show most of our batsmen the way, and not the one you'd have expected either.

Not taking anything away from Foakes but he is coming in when you want to 23.3 overs on day one the pitch is still good the ball has lost its shine and the pace men are starting to tire. It’s when we want Root coming in to turn the screw at 3 or 4 not 6&7 coming in. We know we have good lower order batsmen. 

Our inability to find anyone to bat in the top 3 makes me think we should just give it up. We’ve already stuck Ali up there let’s go the whole hog Stokes and Woakes opening then Ali, Bairstow, Buttler, Pope, Foakes, Curran, Rashid, Anderson and Root waits until the right time to come in.

Semi seriously is there any thoughts in giving Hales another go? He may get out cheaply but he can also destroy an attack. Which is better than every other opener who just gets out cheaply.