Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Voll Blau

Cricket 2018

7 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

I could counter, Rashid taking the big wickets,enabled the other 2,to get the "easier". Wickets.

What's the evidence for this?

Top six batsmen dismissed in Sri Lanka.

Leach - 11

Ali - 9

Rashid - 8

Edited by MattP

ECB eligibility rules changed so Jofra Archer will now be available for England from January 2019. Another great all round option to have but think he'll find it very difficult to force his way into the side, especially after the emergence of Sam Curran. 

England batsman Jonny Bairstow smashed the highest individual score in the T10 League with an unbeaten 84 from 24 balls for Kerala Knights in Sharjah.

The 29-year-old Yorkshireman hit eight sixes - with three in as many balls - as the defending champions beat Bengal Tigers with eight balls remaining.

He batted at number four in a team led by Eoin Morgan, who was out first ball.

The eight-team competition is in its second year, with round-robin matches before semi-finals and a final.

The decline of West Indies cricket continues unabated. Bangladesh 1st innings 508, West Indies currently 75 for 5 in reply.

Doesn't even come as a shock anymore such has been their decline. From Walcott, Worrell and Weekes to Sobers, Kanai and Lance Gibbs, to the World dominating, buccaneering Windies team of the late 70's and early 80's. Even when Australia took over they still produced great players like Lara, Ambrose and Chanderpaul. 

What a sorry state they're in now. Sad really.

On 01/12/2018 at 11:48, Max Wall said:

The decline of West Indies cricket continues unabated. Bangladesh 1st innings 508, West Indies currently 75 for 5 in reply.

Doesn't even come as a shock anymore such has been their decline. From Walcott, Worrell and Weekes to Sobers, Kanai and Lance Gibbs, to the World dominating, buccaneering Windies team of the late 70's and early 80's. Even when Australia took over they still produced great players like Lara, Ambrose and Chanderpaul. 

What a sorry state they're in now. Sad really.

The sad thing is that there is still plenty of talent about, but they just can't seem to have a (Test) side consistent enough to maximise their potential - even with noble leadership from the likes of Darren Sammy and Jason Holder. As soon as anyone shows a bit of talent, making it big in the T20 leagues becomes the priority (Gayle aside, I can't say I blame them to some extent given the various pay disputes there have been between the WI board and players in recent years).

That said, we're still talking about a country that has won two international titles in the past six years so I think it's fair to say cricket in the region is not in terminal decline. I think it's because of the legacy of the Fire in Babylon generation, and the fact that everyone loves the Windies, that their Test failures become more pronounced - but so too do their successes (everyone was raving about Shai Hope after Headingley). Hopefully they can find that consistency again, but they're going to need the support of administrators and their best players alike to do that.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Great result for India! ?

17 hours ago, Max Wall said:

Aussies put up a fight but great win for them. Lyon is a very underrated batsmen, so dogged, got them within touching distance.

I was getting worried when they were edging closer and closer to the target. Those types of scenarios where you never know how much someone might get after being at the crease for so long. Aussies definitely put up a great fight and it was quite an intriguing test match with all the innings scores fairly similar. 

It would have been a huge confidence hit if Australia ended up winning. Alternatively, it's provided a massive boost finally being able to win in Australia after so long. Now we just need to win an actual series - something we've never done lol 

29 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Now we just need to win an actual series - something we've never done lol 

I'd be very surprised if you didn't. India are just a better team all round. It's going to take an unbelievable bowling performance by the Aussies to get back into it now you have your noses in front. That is their strongest suit at the moment and we all know Starc and Lyon are up to it. Hazlewood should be better than he is in my opinion. If he improves, they do have a good attack. Their batting is woefully short though.

It's never in the bag with the Aussies but I think you'll have enough this time Stan.

51 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

I'd be very surprised if you didn't. India are just a better team all round. It's going to take an unbelievable bowling performance by the Aussies to get back into it now you have your noses in front. That is their strongest suit at the moment and we all know Starc and Lyon are up to it. Hazlewood should be better than he is in my opinion. If he improves, they do have a good attack. Their batting is woefully short though.

It's never in the bag with the Aussies but I think you'll have enough this time Stan.

I hope so.

Starc is a brilliant bowler. When you have someone like Pujara though it does give more confidence!

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

I hope so.

Starc is a brilliant bowler. When you have someone like Pujara though it does give more confidence!

I've always liked Pujara. Old style stickability, a missing trait in many test cricketers now.

On the other hand, I've always had a dislike for Starc. I think it's simply his face, which is completely irrational. Very good bowler though, with a great yorker in his artillery.

11 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

I've always liked Pujara. Old style stickability, a missing trait in many test cricketers now.

On the other hand, I've always had a dislike for Starc. I think it's simply his face, which is completely irrational. Very good bowler though, with a great yorker in his artillery.

Constantly reminded of Rahul Dravid when I see Pujara play.

As for why you don't like Starc, lollol 

1 hour ago, Max Wall said:

India bowled out for 140, wasn't expecting that.

1-1, all to play for.

Lyon was quality. Did well with a pitch that wouldn't do too much and manufactured some good bowling out of it.

Wonder how different the game would have been if we'd have had Ashwin playing!