Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KJT

Spurs hatred towards Leicester

4 hours ago, Saxondale said:

Always disliked them.

What winds me up about them in recent years is the way 'football' has decided that they are now one of the elite band of 'big' teams. On what basis?! Yep, they've finished towards the upper end of the table for a few seasons, but for many seasons previous they were just a mid-table side. And, obviously, they've won f uck all. 

I liked Matt Ellliott's comment about them on the radio yesterday when questioned about their quality: "well, they're very quick to pat themselves on the back". 

This is very true but it is them that have put themselves in this elite group of big teams, not football.

They have always done it for as long as I can remember. In the late eighties they self-propelled themselves into an imaginary group called the big 5, which consisted of Arsenal, Liverpool, Man United, Everton and yes Tottenham! The others were considered the top four clubs at the time but Spurs so desperately wanted to class themselves as part of that elite group.

Have never been able to understand why they think they're so massive. They're nothing to me apart from entitled tw@ts. I wish them nothing but failure whoever they are playing. They are widely disliked by most of England and certainly the whole of the rest of London.

• Like 2

I have been reading this post since the weekend, Never thought that there was so much hatred for us. Couldn't really believe it till I read some of the posts. I also have Arsenal fans who I banter with and tell them that Spurs have a new Stadium and will get better.

And to top it off, I started a new job today, Discovered the guy sitting next to me is a die-hard Spurs fan, and he is showing me the ropes. Watch this space!

50 minutes ago, ramaiya2 said:

I have been reading this post since the weekend, Never thought that there was so much hatred for us. Couldn't really believe it till I read some of the posts. I also have Arsenal fans who I banter with and tell them that Spurs have a new Stadium and will get better.

And to top it off, I started a new job today, Discovered the guy sitting next to me is a die-hard Spurs fan, and he is showing me the ropes. Watch this space!

You poor bugger! 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, ramaiya2 said:

Could you try to get in the habit of describing anything he says that you like the sound of as, "champion," please?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

They are a weird bunch, but I was over their shit as soon as we won the league. Remember when they were accusing referees and teams of rolling over so that we could win the league? lol What's funnier is that they finished 11 points behind us. To be fair, they're great when the game doesn't matter.

That said, I don't get our dislike towards Kane. He was shite here, but he's a top striker and seems like a decent bloke. Granted, Alli is a ****.

If the Martians landed and we were in the trenches i would

rather have Jamie Vardy stood next to me than Harry Kane any day

Plus Kane wouldn’t off scored 20+ goals in this Leicester team where as Vardy would score 20+goals in this Spurs team,especially if Ali actually passed to him.

I fully expect Kane to not pull trees out in Russia.Good teams will suse him out.Interupt the Ali Dier Kane love triangle and bobs your uncle.Vardy would be massively under estimated.

7 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

Plus Kane wouldn’t off scored 20+ goals in this Leicester team where as Vardy would score 20+goals in this Spurs team,especially if Ali actually passed to him.

I fully expect Kane to not pull trees out in Russia.Good teams will suse him out.Interupt the Ali Dier Kane love triangle and bobs your uncle.Vardy would be massively under estimated.

images.jpeg.cf40f0196de9fb5ef74baadba8421e62.jpeg

25 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

If the Martians have access to spaceships then digging trenches would be a bit pointless.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

I'd absolutely have Kane in the trenches with me, he's a bigger target than I am.  lol

6 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

as true as this is, they had huge opportunities through the season to push past us and did, as horrible a term as it is, bottle it. 

if theyd beat us at their place they’d have had a huge chance. the christmas period when we lost to liverpool, drew with bournemouth and villa and lost to them in the FA cup would’ve seen a real top side capitalise in some way but they didn’t. that midweek round where we were a few points clear and couldn’t beat west brom at home, they followed up by losing to west ham. they went ahead at home to 10 man arsenal to move in front of us and couldn’t even see the game out. 

of course in the grand scheme of things we won by miles. but every opportunity they did have (and arsenal) they couldn’t take. that’s a lack of steel and for want of a better phrase, a huge lack of bottle. it’s easy to win games and play great football when you’re ten points behind but every time they got close they flapped it. 

The biggest occasion of that ‘bottle’ is a bit earlier in the season to the finale. 

We drew to West Brom on the Tuesday. Arsenal lost to Swansea and Spurs lost to West Ham on the Wednesday. We were three points ahead on the Tuesday evening.

Spurs then played Arsenal at White Hart Lane on the midday Saturday kick off. They drew and we played Watford that evening.

Spurs could have been above us by three points before that game at Watford and even a win at Watford would have still them top on goal difference. Arsenal would have been potentially top as well on goal difference or goals scored if they won both of their games. 

Instead after all that, we were five clear after beating Watford. 

Thats where both teams missed their best chance. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

7 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Can I just get one thing straight- Spurs did not bottle or choke the league WE WON IT. There was no chance in hell we were being caught that year, we were near faultless for 38 47 games

Fixed to include the great escape.

Basically, the hiring Manager owns I Company I work for, I have known him for 10 years or so. There has always been humorous banter between us, ever since we let their goalkeeper Paul Smith score a goal in 15 seconds against us in the league cup.  

I don’t really like any of the Prem London clubs but Arsenal and Spurs are something else. It’s the worst derby in the country for one, which winds me up no end. 

Spura fans are the equivilant of the kid at school who had no mates. I don’t know any set of fans in the country who sympathise or ‘like’ Spurs. Tells it’s own story.