Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Jamie Vardy

I wouldn’t begrudge Vardy a move away if that’s what he wants, but I would love for him to retire here and become a club ambassador. Jamie Vardy encompasses the Leicester city story which is why I feel it’s always been vital we keep him. 

One thing i would would like to point out though...those of you who are quoting sums of around £20million, there is no way he’d leave for that sort of money! Our owners have shown that they are not keen on selling, and for the sake of £20million I honestly don’t think they’d sell the clubs England international star striker. Not a chance. It would take an offer of around £40-50 million in my opinion for the owners to listen, and I just can’t see anyone paying that. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Judging from some of the clips going on social media, he’s much more at home in the England squad now. Particularly as players from lesser clubs and similar career paths are being included more and more 

Rooming with Dele Alli.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

To think that I distinctly remember posts here scoffing at the very idea of Vardy as an England player.

i remember Ian Wright touting him to be an England star (or just play for England) after we demolished Man Utd and he got slaughtered for it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

i remember Ian Wright touting him to be an England star (or just play for England) after we demolished Man Utd and he got slaughtered for it.

Sure you've seen me repost it on Facebook Stan but I said similar when we signed him lol

31 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Sure you've seen me repost it on Facebook Stan but I said similar when we signed him lol

haha I haven't mate! I don't think I had the same opinion back then but I was laughing more at those who got annoyed at Wright than what Wright said in the first place.

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Personal opinion is that he'll stay. 

This. I've said it before he will end his career with us then go to the MLS for one big pay day. 

Just hope I can get my frame signed before he leaves us. 

• 2 weeks later...

He'll surely honor his current contract and stay at the club until 2020.

With the right amount of service on the pitch, that'd give him enough time to hopefully enter the Top Six of our all-time goalscoring list, surpassing Linker, and potentially even Lochhead and Hines.

Imagine what could've been if he had started playing top-flight football or if we had discovered him a few years earlier...

Edited by MC Prussian

1 minute ago, MC Prussian said:

That'd give him enough time and hopefully with the right amount of service on the pitch to enter the Top Six of our all-time goalscoring list, surpassing Linker, and potentially even Lochhead and Hines.

Imagine what could've been if he had started playing top-flight football or if we had discovered him a few years earlier...

He'd have left us already :cry:

7 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

With the right amount of service on the pitch, that'd give him enough time to hopefully enter the Top Six of our all-time goalscoring list, surpassing Linker, and potentially even Lochhead and Hines.

We weren't in the top flight then and would have missed him, I sincerely hope he stays with us. Should he choose to go elsewhere I'll wish him well and I just hope the vitriol toward him and his wife doesn't surface on FT again as it did when it looked as though he may have been joining Arsenal....I believe now that he's always done his best for us (although there have been times when I thought otherwise due to the complete lack of service he was getting.

22 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Can honestly see him staying longer and extending his contract. Various bits have come out of the press saying he'd like to retire here. I remember an interview back when arsenal were interested and a quote he said "Leicester wanted/supported me when no one else did and I'll be loyal to that" or something similar, so i can see him long term