Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Jamie Vardy

54 minutes ago, Nalis said:

We all know what's going to happen. It's 0-0 v Germany in a tight game with 20 minutes to go. Southgate looks to bench for a solution up front and the answer is obvious to him. Sterling comes off....and on comes Danny Welbeck.

Sad but true. Jamie will do well to get 10 mins in total and even if he does Ali won't pass to him (a fact proven by Foxestalk).

Back to old fashioned England/Leicester despair, shouting at the tele, drinking too much lager.

39 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Im sorry to say it but I really don't enjoy seeing Jamie play for Eng. He looks so inhibited and restricted. It's like he's been over coached and all the natural instincts taken out of him. He rarely recieves the early ball he thrives on a is so peripheral. It frustrates the feck out of me, so can't imagine what Jamie feels. He could be lethal for Eng, but currently we will only see a fraction of his talent. Shame!!

Agreed. But how much is down to being inhibited? or how much is down to the fact that the peurile tottenham tw&ts Dier and Alli refuse to pass to him? It's like petulant schoolkids not wanting to play with someone who's not their 'friend' ! PATHETIC.

• Like 2

On 12/06/2018 at 18:56, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Vardy's goal scoring record against the top six Premier League teams is staggering.

In international games I think he will his be most effective against the big boys .

Whether Southgate realises this is another matter.

Scored against Germany, Netherlands, Turkey, Wales, Spain, Lithuania, Italy. Average world ranking at the time 28th, and that's skewed down massively because Lithuania are ranked around 100th. Leave them out and average world ranking he's scored against is 16th. Man's a big game player.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

lol

Dont get excited, apparently its not a real lie detector test :(

Otherwise the world would know the truth:  he doesnt care about his wedding date and he doesnt think England will get out of the group stage

Also, he's already wrestled with Wes in jelly, like, a million times

I just dont get the problem the itv pundits have with vardy. Its clear as day that they dont like him and refuse to mention him other then to run him down. They have just been talking about the strikers and only said welbeck, kane, rashford. They then listed how many goals each of them has and again left out vardy. Then dixhead comes out with if kane and rashford dont score whos going to score  the goals, he then says theres only welbeck and they all agree. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, foxinmyhouse said:

I just dont get the problem the itv pundits have with vardy. Its clear as day that they dont like him and refuse to mention him other then to run him down. They have just been talking about the strikers and only said welbeck, kane, rashford. They then listed how many goals each of them has and again left out vardy. Then dixhead comes out with if kane and rashford dont score whos going to score  the goals, he then says theres only welbeck and they all agree. 

They're just saying what Southgate's thinking.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, breadandcheese said:

They're just saying what Southgate's thinking.

Yes Dixon has been coming across as a very bitter negative man i really don’t like him.As for

Wrighty I’m disappointed cos he could see where Leicester were going way before most did.Hoddles too busy trying to stick his head up the backside of which ever Spurs players got the ball to notice anything else.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

Yes Dixon has been coming across as a very bitter negative man i really don’t like him.As for

Wrighty I’m disappointed cos he could see where Leicester were going way before most did.Hoddles too busy trying to stick his head up the backside of which ever Spurs players got the ball to notice anything else.

Ian Wright has often praised Vardy, usually for what he's done with Leicester but to be fair he has been anonymous for England for quite some time and they are saying it how they see it. We can clearly see the reasons for this, but why would they trouble themselves with the fact certain players are incapable of refuse to play to his strengths. They'll soon change their fcukin tune in a couple of weeks when he's scored the winner in the last 16 and the same against the salmons in the quarters. 

On 14/06/2018 at 15:34, Domsdad said:

It seems to me that Southgate sees Vards and Kane competing for the one place and there is only one winner there

Shouldn't be. There is a very good argument to say Vardy is the better striker (shot conversion rate and quality of teams scored again). Vardy is more clinical than Kane, he's more clinical than most players in the premier league, and does it against big teams where as Kane tends to be more of a flat track bully (granted, you can only score against who you play). Certainly come the probable Germany/Brazil quarter, you should be picking Vardy - chances at a premium, he'll be more likely to do it than Kane.

• Like 1

Both Vardy and Kane should play, end of. They both scored 20(+) goals for their clubs this season. Why is there an obsession with playing one up front??

One up front is fine when we get to the knock out stages against better opposition but the refusal to try a plan B and play 2 strikers against lesser teams that will sit back and defend against us for 90 minutes baffles me.