I'm not sure Vardy will get a single minute all tournament. Kane would have to be injured.

Now the pundits are saying now saying we dont take our chances. 

The best chance taker is on the bench!

• Like 1

Will be difficult for him to take any chances when the team don’t pass to him or play to his strengths

I'm not too upset about Vardy not starting considering Kane & Sterling have had excellent seasons.

I will be pissed if they bring on Welbeck or Rashford over Vardy in the second half though.

Lingard, Rashford and Sterling but no Vardy lol Southgate better have his excuses ready for this shite.

Embarrassing management that he didn't put Vardy on with that defensive line. Injury time winner was completely unnecessary. Would've been over after an hour if the destroyer had played. 

Edited by 4everfox
  • Like 1

Same old England. Pass backwards, sideways, backwards, repeat. Even if Vardy came on we’d have done the same shite.

Sadly he'll be lucky to get 30 mins max in the tournament. Southgate seems to favour the likes of rashford and interchaging the winger/no10 positions

I think he should be saved for use against Belgium who are more likely to play a high line where Vardy can thrive and won’t stick 10 behind the ball

• Like 3

I would of thought that Southgate will rotate the squad so perhaps Vardy will play Sunday and save Kane for Belgium ?

10 minutes ago, Mehrez said:

I think he should be saved for use against Belgium who are more likely to play a high line where Vardy can thrive and won’t stick 10 behind the ball

This. Tunisia were backs to the wall. Against any side that wants to press England, Vardy will be the right man to bring on. It's important to see that objectively when it comes to England, because nothing feels worse than him being poorly rated for playing in a system that doesn't suit him. Buzzing for Maguire though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, W88DY said:

I would of thought that Southgate will rotate the squad so perhaps Vardy will play Sunday and save Kane for Belgium ?

Kane wants a golden boot... No chance.

Glad we won. Sterling needs to be benched and i dont care what people say vardy should be ahead of everyone else but kane.

Bringing vardy on late when teams are parking the bus is tough (although its vardy and i trust in him). Think id rather see rashford coming on for vardy in the 60th of we arent winning.

• Like 1

Today wasn't the game for Vardy. He'll be more useful later in the competition playing against the stronger teams where it's more open.

• Like 2

The game was crying out for Kane to drop deeper and Vardy to come on and terrify their defence. 

Concerned that we won't see Vardy at all this World Cup, as I think Southgate prefers Rashford and Welbeck over him. 

I just want him to get a fair chance and what a dream it would be for him to score in a World Cup :wub:

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, W88DY said:

To be honest Kane's confidence will be sky high it would be too risky to rest him after tonight, I'd rather Kane play Sunday against Panama... win and qualify for the next stage and then rest him in the Belgium game on view of the knockout stages. 

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Like 2

I don't think Vardy would have done anything as a sub tonight. Once they parked the bus, Jamie's major attributes would have been negated. He needs a more open game. Mind you he could tell Lingard and sterling a thing about how to hit the onion bag!!

• Like 1