Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Jamie Vardy

5 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I don't think Vardy would have done anything as a sub tonight. Once they parked the bus, Jamie's major attributes would have been negated. He needs a more open game. Mind you he could tell Lingard and sterling a thing about how to hit the onion bag!!

Sterling is amazing at dribbling but literally awful at everything else, especially finishing! 

Thought Lingard was unlucky tonight with his few efforts. Dele was waste of space. Should have come off much earlier 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

As much as it's annoying that Vardy didn't get on as sub in front of a guy who scored a third of the goals he did in the PL last season,  we have to be honest that Vardy for England is not the Vardy of Leicester. He looks inhibited, unsure and lacking in confidence.

I don't think I've seen Vardy lacking confidence ever since the Great Escape. He's not as explosive for England, but that's obviously down to tactics/instructions.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

As much as it's annoying that Vardy didn't get on as sub in front of a guy who scored a third of the goals he did in the PL last season,  we have to be honest that Vardy for England is not the Vardy of Leicester. He looks inhibited, unsure and lacking in confidence.

He did blow it in his last appearance for them. Should have run around like a madman and imposed himself. He was on the brink of being ahead of Rashford and Welbeck, but it was on a knife edge and he just didn't do enough. 

I just hope he gets some kind of chance again. Thought Kane was pretty poor tonight (goals aside!), and he would have been better dropping deeper with Vardy ahead of him for the final 15mins. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

He did blow it in his last appearance for them. Should have run around like a madman and imposed himself. He was on the brink of being ahead of Rashford and Welbeck, but it was on a knife edge and he just didn't do enough. 

I just hope he gets some kind of chance again. Thought Kane was pretty poor tonight (goals aside!), and he would have been better dropping deeper with Vardy ahead of him for the final 15mins. 

Reckon there will be some rotation for Panama, highly unlikely he’ll rest Kane, thought Rashford and LoftusCheek were decent, can see Alli, Young, Lingard, Sterling getting a rest, think Dier will play against Belgium....I reckon Jamie could get a good run out Sunday......

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Sterling is amazing at dribbling but literally awful at everything else, especially finishing! 

Thought Lingard was unlucky tonight with his few efforts. Dele was waste of space. Should have come off much earlier 

Would you really say he's amazing at dribbling? He seems to run into people and lose it the majority of the time. I'd class someone like Hazard as an amazing dribbler and Sterling doesn't even come close to his dribbling ability.

Edited by InLoveWithNgolo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, InLoveWithNgolo said:

Would you really say he's amazing at dribbling? He seems to run into people and lose it the majority of the time. I'd class someone like Hazard as an amazing dribbler and Sterling doesn't even come close to his dribbling ability.

he has to be good at something, surely? lol

4 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Thought Stirling was utter bobbins tonight. Nothing he did came off. He has got talent, it just didn’t come off tonight. Dropping him though could be counter productive. However I hope Vardy gets to smash Panama’s back door in.

tbf though if you look at Sterling in an England shirt.....has he actually done anything?? his performances for engand havent been good enough personally i thought Rashford had a far better game and he came on as a sub

Sterling might look good at Man City but at times for England he looks like he cant be arsed and something of a lost sheep.......

I think Sterling is a rich man's Schlupp. Runs fast with the ball but has no end product or footballing nouse to pull off the final ball.   

Vardy can do much better than Sterling. 

Kane was poor last night, any player in that position would have scored, he offered absolutely nothing else to the game and infact was one of the main reasons why we were poor and lethargic for large parts of the game. He slows the play down so much. Ukkk I despise him and the way he plays. Arrogant.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

Kane was poor last night, any player in that position would have scored, he offered absolutely nothing else to the game and infact was one of the main reasons why we were poor and lethargic for large parts of the game. He slows the play down so much. Ukkk I despise him and the way he plays. Arrogant.

I remember when Gary Lineker regularly used to offer Fvck all when playing for England - apart from scoring a shit load of goals :D

18 minutes ago, Bert said:

If we beat Panama then I think we'll see him with a start. 

Which he will thrive, against an attacking, team, like some have said, Vardy does not. Suit against a packed defence defending on the 6 yard box, Southgate has got it right tbf, I reckon he may bring Vardy on against the more offence teams, maybe not start but defo a second half when teams are tied 

Vardy is only really there in case Kane gets injured. Perhaps he has a role to play against bigger teams later in the tournament as imagine if we played a Germany or Spain and somehow got one up - he'd be perfect on the counter attack.

But at the end of the day whilst he is a Leicester player and a fans favourite you can't really criticise Southgate. Kane is banging in the goals and is overall the best all-round English striker right now, and has years ahead of him. It makes sense to build the side around him. Vardy is unlucky that his career started so late, but we are fortunate because if he was younger he'd have been long gone because every top team in Europe would want him. I would have liked to have seen Vardy and Kane play together, but in international football there are very few teams that play two up top.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think we'll see him get 20-25 mins vs Panama as Kane will be given a rest in preparation for Belgium. He's going for the golden boot.

Surely Kane would have more chance of getting the golden boot, by playing every minute? Especially against the weaker defences.

I'm also concerned that even if Kane is rested, Southgate will choose Rashford and Welbeck over Vardy now.

Would be a great shame IMO. I just want him to get his chance

Just now, STUHILL said:

Surely Kane would have more chance of getting the golden boot, by playing every minute? Especially against the weaker defences.

I'm also concerned that even if Kane is rested, Southgate will choose Rashford and Welbeck over Vardy now.

Would be a great shame IMO. I just want him to get his chance

Kane may well want the golden boot and Southgate will give him every opportunity but he'll also be mindful of how important he is to him and the team and won't let him play every minute, especially in games that become less important when qualification appears or is secured. Rashford won't lead the line, nor will Welbeck. They will play as support to the number 9 or if we are trying to protect a result but again I don't see that being the case until the knockout stages and I still think Southgate would turn to Vardy as the main striker as he knows what his pace does on the counter, he's literally the perfect sub to have for chasing the game or when you're ahead and a team has to commit forward as the game draws to a close.

I would have Vardy on in the Belgium game rather than the game with Panama. 

Panama play deep at the back and I don't think Vardy will be effective. Belgium will be the opposite, just right for Vardy.

Vardy knows how to bang in the goals unlike Sterling!

8 hours ago, Dave Fishwick said:

not sure Vardy is the answer against a packed defence with 10 men behind the ball. Pleased for Maguire tonight though

Nah that was ideal for Vardy.

Vardy scores all 4 of Lingard's chances and he eats Sterling's tap in for breakfast.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Nah that was ideal for Vardy.

Vardy scores all 4 of Lingard's chances and he eats Sterling's tap in for breakfast.

Vardy is underated for his actually finishing. Too many times people assume if he has no space to run into, then he is ineffective.

Whilst that is true to a certain extent, he is still a real danger just being in the box, due to his excellent finishing ability.

Needs to play ahead of Sterling, Rashford and Welbeck, just for his finishing alone!