Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Jamie Vardy

The only time Vardy will get any minutes is if we're chasing a game, about to be eliminated, with 15 mins to go.  Or if Kane gets injured.

There is little chance of Southgate wanting to disrupt the rhythm of the team by resting players in the last game of the group stages (assuming we win our next game), especially as not one of the players will want to miss a game if we're flying.

Its clear and obvious that Southgate doesn't fancy Vardy in the slightest and he is below Welbeck in his thinking. He will be extremely lucky to see a single minute in this World Cup campaign.

Its a shame really because he's the only player in the team that will run in behind or work the channels from an attacking perspective and offers something completely different whereas Alli, Lingard, Rashford, Sterling and Welbeck are all extremely similar types of player.

1 minute ago, Dames said:

Its clear and obvious that Southgate doesn't fancy Vardy in the slightest and he is below Welbeck in his thinking. He will be extremely lucky to see a single minute in this World Cup campaign.

Its a shame really because he's the only player in the team that will run in behind or work the channels from an attacking perspective and offers something completely different whereas Alli, Lingard, Rashford, Sterling and Welbeck are all extremely similar types of player.

Based on what? Everyone knows Vardy will be more useful against a team that will come forward to attack us. Tunisia isn't that team, and Vardy has always somewhat struggled against teams that sit deep to nullify his pace.

2 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Based on what? Everyone knows Vardy will be more useful against a team that will come forward to attack us. Tunisia isn't that team, and Vardy has always somewhat struggled against teams that sit deep to nullify his pace.

He still has a use with teams that sit back because he can still drag defenders and create space for players like Kane. The problem with the other players I mentioned is they like to play infront of the defence running at them which is much easier to defend against especially since none of them are particulary great at beating a man. The evidence was there last night where Alli, Sterling and Lingard continually ran into blind alleys and all the Tunisa defence had to do was mark Kane out of the game and just stand off and wait for the other players to run into them.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dames said:

He still has a use with teams that sit back because he can still drag defenders and create space for players like Kane. The problem with the other players I mentioned is they like to play infront of the defence running at them which is much easier to defend against especially since none of them are particulary great at beating a man. The evidence was there last night where Alli, Sterling and Lingard continually ran into blind alleys and all the Tunisa defence had to do was mark Kane out of the game and just stand off and wait for the other players to run into them.

I personally think you are right, I think him and Kane could work well together. I feel like Kane would suck defenders away from position to make room for Vardy to run into, but with the second striker needing to play behind Kane it doesn't really fit the setup. I would have liked to see Vardy subbed on around 70' yesterday.

Edited by Beechey

I dont think he will get much time at all and if he does I think it will be if we are winning 3 or 4 nil and the game becomes a non contest. This will then make him look worse as most of the time when this happens the rest of the team just stop playing and pass around waiting for the final whistle. He really needs to be given a start and allowed to play a whole game, if not Southgate is risking him losing confidence and he will lose his good form he was showing. It will be unfair on him if he suddenly gets dropped into a match after not playing a competitive game for over a month and then  expected to be englands saviour and score with his only chance.  I think its a joke how players like sterling keep getting chance after chance. He hasn't scored a goal for england in 2 years, he was exactly the same at the euros but most of the media, pundits etc  keep saying he must play because if he is dropped now it could ruin his confidence. This is  the world cup not a camp to boost sterlings confidence and there are not enough games to hope a player suddenly finds goal scoring form, especially when vardy is in the squad.. 

2 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

You used the phrases "James Corden" and " Amusing" in the same sentence........................................... Can I just check............... you've had you had you meds today haven't you?  :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think people here are being overly positive about Kane and overly harsh on Rashford. Kane did one good thing all game, which was a sensational header. The rest of the time he Rooneyed it up, playing deep and meaning any incisive play lacked a 9 to run in/create space/put it away. His goals masked a very poor performance. 

Sterling did nothing right and shouldn't play again. Alli was good, but cost us two goals by calling for the ball over players in better positions. Lingard was essential to how we moved the ball, he just can't finish. Rashford came on and ripped it up, and but for a dodgy Alli call would have scored. 

Next game we should line up the same with Vardy for Sterling, and Rashford the impact sub. Kane and Vardy will make space for each other and Vardy will be infinitely better than Sterling. 6-0 beckons, followed by an awkward match trying to lose so we don't get Germany... :scarf:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

I think people here are being overly positive about Kane and overly harsh on Rashford. Kane did one good thing all game, which was a sensational header. The rest of the time he Rooneyed it up, playing deep and meaning any incisive play lacked a 9 to run in/create space/put it away. His goals masked a very poor performance. 

Sterling did nothing right and shouldn't play again. Alli was good, but cost us two goals by calling for the ball over players in better positions. Lingard was essential to how we moved the ball, he just can't finish. Rashford came on and ripped it up, and but for a dodgy Alli call would have scored. 

Next game we should line up the same with Vardy for Sterling, and Rashford the impact sub. Kane and Vardy will make space for each other and Vardy will be infinitely better than Sterling. 6-0 beckons, followed by an awkward match trying to lose so we don't get Germany... :scarf:

It was Lingard who called for the Rashford step over wasn't it? Alli, Lingard and Sterling have all been vulgar in front of goal for England of late which is irritating as all the chances seem to be falling to them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

lol

Without his striker's instinct the team would be looking at a draw/defeat.

No, he didn't set the world alight with his football, but he provided exactly what you were otherwise missing.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, shen said:

lol

No, he didn't set the world alight with his football, but he provided exactly what you were otherwise missing.

He scored two goals from two opportunities. If JV had been playing he'd have had far more opportunities because he'd have been playing as a centre forward. Kane didn't attack the ball, he didn't put pressure on the centre backs, he tried to provide a fulcrum in front of the centre backs, which is what Alli, Sterling and Lingard were already there to do. His lack of positional discipline almost cost us the win, and he was lucky to get the chance late on to make amends. He took it extremely well.

I'm not proposing dropping Kane, but if he is going to play in the hole rather than up front then we need a number 9, and the obvious choice for that is Vardy.

On 19/06/2018 at 07:24, Izzy Muzzett said:

I remember when Gary Lineker regularly used to offer Fvck all when playing for England - apart from scoring a shit load of goals :D

At least Lineker and Yakubu actually touched the ball when they scored rather than knick goals off their teammates like that nonce at school who'd always run into a shot already just over the line, kick it and run off celebrating (you all know who you are)

• Haha 2

On 19/06/2018 at 14:17, Beechey said:

Man needs to check out @Finnegan ranting at Webbo the other day lol

On 19/06/2018 at 14:17, Beechey said:

34yf.gif

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, shen said:

lol

Unless his replacement also had striker's instincts. He was poor, he was slow and not really in the game much.

19 minutes ago, Yes N'Didi said:

Think this shows that Vardy is out of favour - bottom names suggest replacements. Rashford to start vs Panama.

46A61E96-F80C-4FFC-9038-48D2BAA96E04.jpeg

He'll be used against Belgium, I'm sure.