Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Jamie Vardy

1 hour ago, Kendal Fox said:

Forgive my naivety but what is the reason the other England players don't pass to him?! And why doesn't Southgate rectify this if it's true? *Which of course it is*

If people actually watch games they will see that balls do get played to vardy regardless of any conspiracy thoughts on here. 

And slag Kane off as much people like I will be cheering him and alli and the rest of spurs players on when ever England play. 

• Like 2

The game was done towards the end, the players were knocking it around and playing at walking pace during the final 10 minutes.

He can still have an impact and hopefully in a more meaningful scenario.

• Like 1

This was not the game for Vardy. England played quite well until the 63rd minute - remember we were 6-0 up at the time and the game’s won, players don’t want to get injured or booked/suspended so he didn’t have a chance to make an impact. However I would have liked to have seen other players pass to him when he was in space or made a run

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Vardy will have opportunities and will see a lot more of the ball if/when he gets on vs Belgium.

Doubt he'll start... It's all about Arry Kane!.. And the media just love getting the hard on about him (as they do with The Spuds!!) ... It's pathetically sickening. 

8 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Doubt he'll start... It's all about Arry Kane!.. And the media just love getting the hard on about him (as they do with The Spuds!!) ... It's pathetically sickening. 

Hes scoring regularly for England. He's top scorer in the world cup at the moment. The love fest is currently justified, rather than pathetic, I would say

38 minutes ago, Jacnah said:

Hes scoring regularly for England. He's top scorer in the world cup at the moment. The love fest is currently justified, rather than pathetic, I would say

What a complete and utter load of testicles ! a tap in, a header that was harder to miss, two penalties and a complete fluke, the blokes a mule and I can`t stand the sight or sound of the prat !!!  the Kane wank fest is cringeworthy at best.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Just got a feeling Vardy will start against Belgium, don't think Sterling will get another game.

Can't see it myself. Southgate doesn't buy into Vardy. When England played 3-4-3 then you could understand things. Now it's 3-5-2 and he'll play Rashford against Belgium.  Great opportunity to play Kane and Vardy in the new system but chose not to.

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Just got a feeling Vardy will start against Belgium, don't think Sterling will get another game.

It’s a game that would suit vardy but he won’t start. Rashford will get his run out in place of sterling. Southgate is trying to keep players involved. Welbeck is likely to get a sub appearance late on - we may play both Henderson and dier in which case rashford may play instead of lingard and sterlings position is dropped. 

2 hours ago, Lesterlad said:

If people actually watch games they will see that balls do get played to vardy regardless of any conspiracy thoughts on here. 

And slag Kane off as much people like I will be cheering him and alli and the rest of spurs players on when ever England play. 

Let's agree to disagree because In my opinion, he just hasn't been given the required service in the recent games he's made an appearance in, more to the point he just hasn't been a given a proper chance to get his rhythm due to lack of match time.

The bottom line is that since August 2014 (less than 4 years ago), Vardy has scored 75 goals in all competitions. Surely it's Southgate's responsibility to ensure that a guy that has netted that many goals in a relatively short period of time is properly integrated into England's playing style and gets regular playing time, no?

We've been very lucky to have the draw we have had in the group stage, let's not kid ourselves. And you might see it differently (in the knock out stages) if we are playing a decent team and chasing the game, then bring on Vardy with 20 minutes to go only for him to fail because of being rusty.

Edited by Kendal Fox

Vards is a centre forward who needs to be on the shoulder of the last man, we all know that. We don't want him playing out wide or as a second striker or whatever. He's just unfortunate that our best player, talisman, captain and current top goal scorer of the fvcking tourno is also an out and out centre forward. 

If we're completely honest with ourselves Maguire is probably the weakest link in the team, but he gets a starting spot because we don't have a depth of good CBs and we play 3 of them. Vards is just unlucky our best player plays in the same position as him and there's only 1 spot available.

It's not some kind of conspiracy theory ffs. 

• Like 2