Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Jamie Vardy

1 hour ago, mad biker said:

What a complete and utter load of testicles ! a tap in, a header that was harder to miss, two penalties and a complete fluke, the blokes a mule and I can`t stand the sight or sound of the prat !!!  the Kane wank fest is cringeworthy at best.

Fairly prolific mule over the last 3 seasons.

34 minutes ago, mad biker said:

It`s the title winning season for me,  not just Gel boy either, hate Spuds and everyone that plays for em, Dier, Alli and Rose should be nowhere near the national squad they are just shite ! 

I’m not a huge fan of Spurs,but living amongst loads of them I think I have the upper hand after the season.

And it’s a massive shame as if your not a city fan who sees him every week,

you would wonder why he’s inter squad,

the england team if you watched as a neutral would think he’s shit,

it must drive vardy mad playing for England,

i must add I’m 34 and have seen a lot over the years and vardy is easily my favourite city player of all time,I’m by no way criticising him 

Edited by Russell sprout

Vardy should feature more for England but few can argue him playing before Kane.

I don't get the hate ye have for Kane playing for England. Fair enough they have been one of our rivals since 2014 but ye should put that to one side.

What club someone plays for wouldn't be factor for most countries.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Vardy should feature more for England but few can argue him playing before Kane.

I don't get the hate ye have for Kane playing for England. Fair enough they have been one of our rivals since 2014 but ye should put that to one side.

What club someone plays for wouldn't be factor for most countries.

This, pretty much. When Harry Kane's in a Spurs shirt, I'll hate him just as much as anyone else wearing that shirt - he's the enemy.

When he's in an England shirt, I don't care which club he plays for as long as he's scoring goals.

1 hour ago, Ricey said:

Vardy playing so far behind Sterling was odd today.

You would think that they’d want Vardy on the shoulder of that slow defence and to grab a goal.

Anyone with an even basic understanding of football would’ve done that. But Southgate was solely focussed on doing anything to help Sterling score - to boost the poor boys confidence. Hence played Vardy completely out of position

4 hours ago, Kendal Fox said:

Let's agree to disagree because In my opinion, he just hasn't been given the required service in the recent games he's made an appearance in, more to the point he just hasn't been a given a proper chance to get his rhythm due to lack of match time.

The bottom line is that since August 2014 (less than 4 years ago), Vardy has scored 75 goals in all competitions. Surely it's Southgate's responsibility to ensure that a guy that has netted that many goals in a relatively short period of time is properly integrated into England's playing style and gets regular playing time, no?

We've been very lucky to have the draw we have had in the group stage, let's not kid ourselves. And you might see it differently (in the knock out stages) if we are playing a decent team and chasing the game, then bring on Vardy with 20 minutes to go only for him to fail because of being rusty.

What’s that to do with anything I have just said. Of course I want to see vardy play more but it’s not happening at mo

1 hour ago, Russell sprout said:

Though I think this is the best chance the national team has had in years,

i find myself supporting any city player rather than the national team,

i want our Nigerian players to do well,

i only really watch England cuz of vardy and maguire,

i want shingi to score when he plays,

i almost  find myself watching as a neutral only wanting city players to do well,

anyone else share this thought????

Was really good to see Nigeria win with 3 Leicester players in a starting line up for an international team.

Last time I remember this was in the '70s when Joe Mercer took charge of England for a few games and played Shilton, Weller and Worthington along with Colin Bell, Brooking, Keegan, Channon - some team that, but too much flair for Don Revie or Ron Greenwood. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ricey said:

Vardy playing so far behind Sterling was odd today.

You would think that they’d want Vardy on the shoulder of that slow defence and to grab a goal.

Was really weird. Can only assume they were trying to get Sterling a goal as it makes no sense otherwise.

Jesus H! No way would I be supporting Nigeria in the final against England, just because they had more City players in their starting 11. 

An England v Nigeria final would be an amusing thought though. :D

Edited by Vulpecula

Really glad he got on today. Playing at the World Cup is something he can now put in the bank, completing a pretty incredible rise as Mr. Peters illustrated on the previous page. Fabulous.

Thought he got around well and pressed nicely but that's all he really could have done. We didn't have much momentum for the 10 minutes after he came on and barely played a forward pass in the last 10 minutes. Didn't miss any chances as he didn't get one as far as I can remember? Bit of a weird situation for him to come into, particularly as he went into the support striker role. As I've said they clearly really wanted to get Sterling a goal, shame he didn't get it.

What was really great - I watched it in a pub in Ealing - was the reception when he came on! Massive cheers and people were loving it, couple of Vardy chants then with loads joining in and a few more before the end of the game. Really wasn't expecting it, so good to hear.

Hope he gets on against Belgium now

Edited by ealingfox
  • Like 1

I love Vards but no denying Kane is world class, it's just unlucky Vardy is in his prime while we have someone like Kane. 

That said Kane's has one of those faces you just wanna slap.

I would love England to win the WC but there is no denying the hunger I felt as a fan in football has died a little since Leicester won the league - I don't think that feeling could be surpassed 

• Haha 2

Vardy had much more to give physically than sterling in that last twenty so was wasted to all the donkey work chasing their CDM’s around. It wasn’t about scoring for him yesterday - it was about having a run out and Southgate trying to protect his 6-0 to be top of the group and hoping sterling would get a goal (rather than vards).  

16 hours ago, Lesterlad said:

What’s that to do with anything I have just said. Of course I want to see vardy play more but it’s not happening at mo

I was more referring to you saying that Vardy does get service when playing for England which I disagree with. The rest was just me rambling!