Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Jamie Vardy

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

JV is used tactically by southgate. he stays high up and forces the opposition defence to sit deeper than they want to. he doesn't come short looking for the ball. creates more space for the three behind to operate in. 

I don’t agree.

He isn’t used as he should be when England are defending, especially if we are leading late in the game and the opposition are throwing men forward (like Columbia last night).

He should be staying on the halfway line, forcing at least 2 players to stay back, and ready to pounce on the long clearances, where he can outpace most defenders.

Instead, he drops right back in, with Kane,  and is never further forward than around 10-15 yards into England’s own half while we are defending.

Southgate does some things well, but utilising Vardy to his strengths isn’t one of them.

1 hour ago, Foxin_mad said:

Cant think of one useful thing he did, gave away procession, lost the ball easily and utter rubbish at shooting. Really unsure what he offers personally. 

i don't know what you're expecting of him really. the second half of extra time i thought he looked alright for saying he was injured and obviously no quality to supply him.

2 minutes ago, Foxin_mad said:

Cant think of one useful thing he did, gave away procession, lost the ball easily and utter rubbish at shooting. Really unsure what he offers personally. 

I don't think Lingard is the main problem...

Dele Alli - last goal for England; October 8, 2016 13 games without scoring

Raheem Sterling - last goal for England; October 9, 2015  23 games without scoring

That's a premier league season between the two of them, with no goals.

Lingard has scored twice since March so you could argue he's on the up. That said, that's all he's scored in 15 games.

Conveniently, his first cap was in the same game Allie last scored in. Which means...  since October 8, 2016, Alli, Sterling and Lingard have played a combined total of 51 games for England. And scored twice.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Fell sorry for Southgate having to big these players up because he must be thinking "are these really the best players england has to offer". Scagged their way to a quarter final and scored one goal from open play.

I think he's more than likely thinking, how have I got to be England manager after failing at Boro and doing a half decent job with the under 21.

I think he realise this is a dream opportunity and is doing his upmost to make the best of it.

Edited by coolhandfox

6 hours ago, Samilktray said:

I'd happily sacrifice Vardy for 3 months next season if injecting him to get through the world cup lead to us winning it I reckon. 

I'd happily sacrifice him for a year, this is a chance of a lifetime.

Picked up the injury just 5 mins into ET it appears, but carried on til the end because he’s a hero. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jul/04/harry-kane-england-sweden-jamie-vardy-fit

He was down as one of he penalty takers but not allowed as injured. 

Plenty of time for him to recover in time to come on and score the winner in the final :cool:

I hope that the 2018 World Cup will be remembered for Jamie Vardy's 2 wonderful extra-time goals that won the final in Moscow and brought the trophy back to England for the first time since 1966 ...... rather than the cheating antics and pathetic acting of that darling of TV commentator's, Neymar ! 

C'mon Southgate - yuno it's written in the stars #fairytale!! :)

21 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

I hope that the 2018 World Cup will be remembered for Jamie Vardy's 2 wonderful extra-time goals that won the final in Moscow and brought the trophy back to England for the first time since 1966 ...... rather than the cheating antics and pathetic acting of that darling of TV commentator's, Neymar ! 

C'mon Southgate - yuno it's written in the stars #fairytale!! :)

We ain't beating France or Belgium! 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Did you think we'd get this far? I doubt it. 

So do you think England have had a challenging path to the semis? 

Tunisia ( league one standard)? 

Panama ( league two standard)?

Colombia (championship at best)?

Sweden (same!)... 

...come on!.. It has to be the easiest path to a World Cup semi final in the history of the competition! 

Croatia will be another step up but think England will beat them.. But France or Belgium are a million miles better than England. 

It's not coming home. 

Just now, weller54 said:

Sweden (same!)... 

...come on!.. It has to be the easiest path to a World Cup semi final in the history of the competition! 

Croatia will be another step up but think England will beat them.. But France or Belgium are a million miles better than England. 

It's not coming home. 

Look up Germany 2002

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Sweden (same!)... 

It's not coming home. 

Germany didn't play anybody decent untill they lost to Brazil in 2002 final.

53 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Sweden (same!)... 

It's not coming home. 

Whether it comes home or not, just let go and enjoy it mate- what a summer it's been!