Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Jamie Vardy

5 hours ago, Hawk17 said:

Hopefully Benny doesn't kill any of your boys lol

Not too sure about that though, all we have is Mooy and a 78 year old Tim Cahill. 

Can understand Kane playing first but is Vards really no chance of game time over there you reckon?

He'll get game time but I'll be amazed if he starts as a central striker. I imagine it'll all be from the bench. Probably as the other team starts to sit deep. 

13 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

I would play Vardy, not because I think his a better player than Kane, but because of he effectness on the break.

I think Vardy would be more suited for England for the one reason. England will have less possession against the elite teams and play a more counter attacking game, Vardy is use to ir and more suited to this than Kane.

The only way England can be successful for me in the competition is sit in and counter attack at pace. We aren't going to out football Spain, France, Brazil et al.

I would pick Kane against the lesser nation, were we will dominate possession.

But SG will pick Kane because in England we pick individuals over the team dynamic.

Southgate Gareth? Sareth Gouthgate? South Gate?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

This is the first time I've ever been worried about him leaving. Even when it looked like he was heading to Arsenal, I always had confidence he'd stay here.

He can't really achieve any more here, and he'll probably think he deserves one last crack at the Champions League. Whilst he wouldn't start every game, I wouldn't be surprised if someone like Liverpool came in for him. Hopefully his wages and age puts people off. 

It's based on nothing, but I wonder what he thinks when he scores twice at Wembley and those goons at the back ruin it straight away.

• Like 1

Could see him going to Athletico. 

Simeone loves the way he plays, Torres retiring, perhaps money from the sale of Greizeman( spelling)

Champions league football.

Tremendous new Stadium,team mates and fans.

Beautiful city to live in for Rebecca and the children.

Wouldn't upset Leicester fans AS MUCH as seeing him line up against us in the coming season.

A good World Cup and he'll be very tempted as his career is in it's later stages??

3 hours ago, Weller Wing said:

Simeone loves the way he plays, Torres retiring, perhaps money from the sale of Greizeman( spelling)

Wouldn't upset Leicester fans AS MUCH as seeing him line up against us in the coming season.

A good World Cup and he'll be very tempted as his career is in it's later stages??

Atletico don't tend to spend big or on players that are 30+

13 hours ago, Wookie said:

Atletico don't tend to spend big or on players that are 30+

Most clubs would want young players as there's a strong possibility of a sell on.

There's hardly any strikers in europe that can wreck havoc like Vards.

A couple of seasons of vital , match,cup winning goals and he'll pay for himself.

I'd hate for him to go anywhere but i wouldn't begrudge him anything after all he's given us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There's no way the owners will sell 2 key players in one window.

Besides, who's going to pay the money we would want for a striker the wrong side of 30 with pace as one of his main attributes? Far too much of a risk for any club.

He's pretty settled here anyway, and I always get the impression that he values his legendary status here pretty highly.

Well according to FiveLive (and many other people I’ve heard discussing the England squad) he is young?!

When mentioning how young the England squad is they mention the only players over 30 are Young and Cahill.

It’s weird how most of the media have a Vardy age blind spot?

18 minutes ago, Phube said:

Well according to FiveLive (and many other people I’ve heard discussing the England squad) he is young?!

When mentioning how young the England squad is they mention the only players over 30 are Young and Cahill.

The media didn't know he existed until he won 2 penalties, made 2 assists and scored against Man Utd all in one game.

35 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

The media didn't know he existed until he won 2 penalties, made 2 assists and scored against Man Utd all in one game.

And yet that's still such an underrated performance.

1 hour ago, Phube said:

He doesn‘t look like a 31-year old, keeps himself well in shape and has a rather natural wiry predisposition.

20 hours ago, Weller Wing said:

Can you imagine Vardy speaking Spanish in front of a camera? lol

• Haha 1

If only he was signed 3/4 years before, he'd probably have reached even greater things imo.

Still got a season or so of his dangerous presence before speed affects his performances.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Just now, Wymeswold fox said:

If only he was signed 3/4 years before, he'd probably have reached even greater things imo.

Still got a season or so of his dangerous presence before speed affects his performances.

not with our fanbase. he'd have been hounded out by then.