Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Jamie Vardy

2 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

Interesting to see whether Kane goes for his Spurs number 10 shirt or number 9.

At the Euros Kane had 9 but that was because Rooney as captain took number 10. Vardy had 11.

Kane will be 10 and Vardy will be 9, same at club level.

Guest Markyblue
27 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I wonder if Vardy will get in the pitch at the world cup now that Kane is captain? 

If he gets on the spuds mafia won't pass to him anyway. Disgusting. 

Club wanted him to sign a new contract before the wc.

Havent started negotiations yet as Vardys party havent wanted to and there is interest from some big clubs.

Dont think he will go but it could drag on for the summer and some clubs are prepared to pay big money for him.

Edited by Abrasive fox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 7
  • Haha 1

He's seen the club fall back to a mid table position and his time for winning trophies is getting towards the end.

I don't think money is now an issue and after the WC , from playing in front of those crowds and in that kind of stadia, he'll probably fancy a bit more of that.

The owners are honourable people and will probably have a gentleman's agreement with Jamie and his advisers. 

Perhaps a poor showing in the WC might help.

Don't pass to him Deli?

Those sort of stats are irrelevant for me because we don't create that many chances. 

Strikers in more creative teams are bound to have a lesser conversion rate.

16 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Those sort of stats are irrelevant for me because we don't create that many chances. 

Strikers in more creative teams are bound to have a lesser conversion rate.

I'm not disagreeing with the sentiment but if you go along the same thought process, top goal scorer with an awful conversion rate doesn't mean he's the best goal scorer just he has lots of chances?? 

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I'm not disagreeing with the sentiment but if you go along the same thought process, top goal scorer with an awful conversion rate doesn't mean he's the best goal scorer just he has lots of chances?? 

Hmm, yeah I see what you're saying.

Edited by Fox92

Playing devils advocate slightly but whilst I'll be amongst the most devastated at the loss of Vardy losing him could turn out not to be the most horrific thing. I'd be as gutted as anyone but if we're gonna play a slower style whipping crosses in its an easy cop out for the manager playing someone who he thinks will be on the end of them. 

But I do agree initially they have to get something exactly spot on because he's probably our most important player at the minute.