Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Jonjo Shelvey, should he be at the world cup?

100% for me, Strong, great dribbler, the best passer we have by an absolute country mile, dictates the play, keeps the game flowing, good strike on him, big tackler. 

He has to be atleast on the plane for me. I'd also LOVE to see him in a Leicester shirt, particularly if the Rafa rumours are true. 

Thoughts?

I've always been an advocate of England choosing players who are performing well over big name players at big clubs just because they are who they are. An injured Jack Wilshire over a Danny Drinkwater in the form of his life is the epitome of absolute madness IMO. Of course he should go.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Harry96 said:

Definitely probably our best passer of a ball. Just a bit of a nutter 

Seems to have kept it in check since a couple of moments earlier this season.

• Like 1

On current form yes, especially considering Oxlade-Chamberlain's injury. You probably need 4 central midfielders (not including attacking ones like Ali and Lingard)

We have a lack of options there, you'd imagine Dier, Henderson and probably Wilshere :unsure: and then its probably Loftus-Cheek but I wouldn't say he's a deep lying midfield player or maybe a surprise call for Maitland-Niles. Southgate will probably go for Livermore though because he's a good lad and fits into the group :rolleyes:

Only question would be over his attitude, he's had disciplinary problems this season and there was the racist incident with Roman Saiss of Wolves last year.

Then again, Jake Livermore get's in despite being shite and having been banned for snorting the marching powder, so really, there's no excuse for omitting Shelvey. I wouldn't have him in the same team as Henderson though.

I'd 100% take him.

I don't think you can penalise someone for being hot headed. We took a squeaky clean David Beckham to France 98 and his moment of madness ended our world cup... so it can happen to anyone!