Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
WigstonWanderer

Who Do You Want As Manager Next Season

Who Would You Want as Manager if Given the Choice  

301 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you want as manager next season assuming they would sign?

• Puel
    • Benitez
    • Wagner
    • Dyche
    • Hughton
    • None of the above

Why do fans want Benitez, I can't understand why people want a manager who is already employed by another club. It's akin to stealing, or if the neighbour's got something or successful, you want it. 

24 minutes ago, KJT said:

Why do fans want Benitez, I can't understand why people want a manager who is already employed by another club. It's akin to stealing, or if the neighbour's got something or successful, you want it. 

ahhh i see what you mean its exactly the same regarding players like when we wanted ihanacho, or we want evans or shaquiri.

You do understand football and how things work dont you??

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, KJT said:

I actually feel this a little bit too

Coveting Wagner and Benitez feels a bit pervy to me, feels just like a grass is greener situation

Think we should stick by our Puel, give this love a chance to grow

• Thanks 1

Puel is the safest bet imo.  Whatever we do next will be a gamble.  At least Puel knows the squad and exactly where the improvements are needed.  I'm sure deals are already in the pipeline.  The team needs over,hauling whoever the manager is.

A new guy coming in now, just as our players go on holiday/to the WC, would have a near impossible task.  Stick with Puel, I think it'll be fine.  Next season will be tough for anyone though.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Are you honestly happy with him? Honestly

if you are fair play to you but I might be tempted to ask why?

Get rid of the old guard, give him the window and actually allow him to implement the list of things he has said he is committed to and he may well come good. Alternatively you could fanny around and get another second rate manager in after the world cup, with no window and no knowledge of the players. S'up to you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

ahhh i see what you mean its exactly the same regarding players like when we wanted ihanacho, or we want evans or shaquiri.

You do understand football and how things work dont you??

How often do you see managers move from club to club in the prem? Actually when did one leave to join another prem team? You do understand how football now works don't you??

4 hours ago, Wookie said:

BENITEZ IS NOT COMING TO LEICESTER 

Yeah because it must be so much more appealing to a manager to be at a club with no ambition or will power to spend. 

Seriously though, there is no telling if we are even interested. But if we were and I were a betting man, my money would be all over him jumping at the chance to be honest. We literally offer everything that are basic conditions of employment for any manager worth his salt. I'd bet we can beat anything salary wise that Newcastle are willing to pay too. We're just better looking than Newcastle at the minute to put it simply. 

2 hours ago, KJT said:

Yeah, it’s exactly like that.

Went with puel, benitez won't come. I'd like hughton but again don't think hell come. If they do get rid of puel I wouldnt mind us going the foreign route with 

Eduardo berrizo 

Vincenzo montella 

Quique sanchez flores 

Marcelo bielsa 

Unai emery (I know longshot) 

Paolo bento 

But knowing us we'll end up with moyes or bilic. 

2 hours ago, SecretPro said:

Get rid of the old guard, give him the window and actually allow him to implement the list of things he has said he is committed to and he may well come good. Alternatively you could fanny around and get another second rate manager in after the world cup, with no window and no knowledge of the players. S'up to you.

Or a decent manager I suppose?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Captain... said:

47 points and 9th is only a positive if we look like building on it. We don't. Those home games against Stoke, Swansea, Newcastle, Southampton, West Ham and Bournemouth were awful, you can accept a few bad games but 6 home games in a row we were toothless add in losing 5-0 to Palace and surrendering any hope of a Europa League place to Burnley so easily it becomes unforgivable.

Clearly our defence is a shambles but then again it has been for the last two seasons and something Puel will need to address, to be fair Puel predecessor seem to be more interested in the attacking aspect of our side hence we spent £70 million plus on it, we should be spending that sort of amount on our defence as a priority i would suggest. 

3 hours ago, KJT said:

Cause he said he wants money to buy players, something they seem not willing to do as the owner is trying to sell the club, so he might want a club with ambitions of building success ie us :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, goose2010 said:

How often do you see managers move from club to club in the prem? Actually when did one leave to join another prem team? You do understand how football now works don't you??

Hmm creative in that last statement I see?

Ok where do I start maybe recently 2014 maybe 2015 pawdew left newaste to go to crystal palace.

And im pretty sure Steve Bruce was at birmingham and went to Wigan few years ago that thou maybe 10 years ago.

Harry rednapp moved from portsmouth to spurs.

That's only naming a few off the top of my head. 

So your statement has no relevance what so ever.

Il give you guidence on football don't be ashamed to ask il help you.

39 minutes ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

Hmm creative in that last statement I see?

Ok where do I start maybe recently 2014 maybe 2015 pawdew left newaste to go to crystal palace.

And im pretty sure Steve Bruce was at birmingham and went to Wigan few years ago that thou maybe 10 years ago.

Harry rednapp moved from portsmouth to spurs.

That's only naming a few off the top of my head. 

So your statement has no relevance what so ever.

Il give you guidence on football don't be ashamed to ask il help you.

Pardew from 4 years ago (going to the club he used to play for) and then Bruce and Redknapp ? 

Really scraping the barrel

Like I said football doesn't work like that now especially in mid table, the only way someone would move club to club is someone going to the top 6 even then it would be tough. Clubs won't play the managers release clauses (usually the cost of the remaining contracts) as they make no money on them like they do the players. 

Always willing to learn as well mate ;)

8 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Pardew from 4 years ago (going to the club he used to play for) and then Bruce and Redknapp ? 

Really scraping the barrel

Like I said football doesn't work like that now especially in mid table, the only way someone would move club to club is someone going to the top 6 even then it would be tough. Clubs won't play the managers release clauses (usually the cost of the remaining contracts) as they make no money on them like they do the players. 

Always willing to learn as well mate ;)

Scraping the barrel you asked me a question I gave you 3 answers off the top off my head.

So clearly I empied the barrel without touching the sides hahaa

I do know what you mean but to say it doesn't happen is a myth it can happen anytime.

I honestly think we will end up with Puel still next season 

Everything has died down talk of getting someone new in 

Edited by adamlcfcbevo85