Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
WigstonWanderer

Who Do You Want As Manager Next Season

Who Would You Want as Manager if Given the Choice  

301 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you want as manager next season assuming they would sign?

• Puel
    • Benitez
    • Wagner
    • Dyche
    • Hughton
    • None of the above

3 hours ago, Gerbold said:

Even though I'm pretty aware of English grammar I can't quite get the tenses and grammar of your post sorted out -  although I keep repeating them they still are bewildering. "If we are going to sack Puel"...fine..."then we really should have done the same"...hmmm, no - still can't quite understand. If we are going to sack Puel...yes, it's the "if" that's f**king up the sense of the second clause. And you're mixing tenses and using the conditional as well (and possibly the subjunctive as well).

Try 'if we are going to sack Puel then I wonder if we've made arrangements to replace him' or 'we've sacked Puel - I wonder if we have a replacement lined up' or 'we've f**cking well sacked Puel and we haven't got a replacement' or 'we've sacked Puel and we've got x or x or x lined up - whizzo!' or 'Jesus f**cking Christ, we've only gone and sacked Puel and given Allardyce the job!!!'

But it doesn't look like Puel is going anywhere for the next three months, do it?

.....pedantic!!!

It was quite clear what he meant!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gerbold said:

Even though I'm pretty aware of English grammar I can't quite get the tenses and grammar of your post sorted out -  although I keep repeating them they still are bewildering. "If we are going to sack Puel"...fine..."then we really should have done the same"...hmmm, no - still can't quite understand. If we are going to sack Puel...yes, it's the "if" that's f**king up the sense of the second clause. And you're mixing tenses and using the conditional as well (and possibly the subjunctive as well).

Try 'if we are going to sack Puel then I wonder if we've made arrangements to replace him' or 'we've sacked Puel - I wonder if we have a replacement lined up' or 'we've f**cking well sacked Puel and we haven't got a replacement' or 'we've sacked Puel and we've got x or x or x lined up - whizzo!' or 'Jesus f**cking Christ, we've only gone and sacked Puel and given Allardyce the job!!!'

But it doesn't look like Puel is going anywhere for the next three months, do it?

Jesus Christ lol the lengths you have went to just to try and correct my original post.

All the alternatives you have offered are kindly appreciated. I wish I could have just as much free time on my hands as you clearly have. 

If I realised that I was going to be analysed by the grammar police then I would've taken more care when posting. 

I am sure I could probably pick apart some of your previous posts and many other posters posts on here if I really desired too but I'll leave that for you so you can carry on your good work. 

8 hours ago, lee7 said:

Jesus Christ lol the lengths you have went to just to try and correct my original post.

All the alternatives you have offered are kindly appreciated. I wish I could have just as much free time on my hands as you clearly have. 

If I realised that I was going to be analysed by the grammar police then I would've taken more care when posting. 

I am sure I could probably pick apart some of your previous posts and many other posters posts on here if I really desired too but I'll leave that for you so you can carry on your good work. 

It should read ,"the lengths you have gone to".

Just saying:whistle:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Ralph Hasenhüttl's available. Hasn't done too badly with RB Leipzig in the past two seasons.

He would be an exceptional pick-up. Basically a better Puel in that he was put in charge of a project (RB Leipzig) to grow a club over several years, doing so successfully with a team of young players and taking them to 2nd in the Bundesliga, and with the Naby Keita sale, making their entire project cash positive. He is so well thought of, he was actually considered for the England job. Yes he was given cash to accelerate the project, but the average age of the RB Leipzig team is under 25, it's very impressive what they have achieved. 

I think he will end up in the Premier League, but not with us. Could honestly see him at Arsenal, but most likely Everton.

Given that Everton and West Ham have already sacked their managers, I think keeping Puel is probably the best option. The madness has already begun!