Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Jack Wilshere - signs for WHU 3 year contract

My good lady is a gooner, so I've seen quite a bit of Wilshere down the years - for me, he had the potential to be the new Gascoigne when he first broke through - his touch, vision and willingness to drive forward were light years ahead of what you'd expect from a kid of that age. Unfortunately, he's kind of lost his way a bit - the injuries have slowed down his development, and his attitude hasn't helped - whilst all good players have got a certain degree of arrogance, Wilshere always seemed to have just a little bit more than was ideal - not quite as bad as Bendtner and Ibrahimovic, but enough that you started to wonder whether Wenger was the right manager for him towards the end.

Personally, I still think he's an excellent signing for any Premier League side, and he could reasonably expect to be a first XI player for probably 75-80% of the sides in the league. I'd like to see him get out of his comfort zone in London, I think there are probably some bad influences there that aren't helping things, but as for coming to us, I'm not sure - I'd love to have him, and I think he'd undoubtedly improve us - however, looking at what we already have and what it would cost us to get him on board, I don't know if it makes financial sense, particularly when you consider the injury risk.

3 hours ago, wardyfox86 said:

To really simplify a deal, 100k/week on a 2 year deal with optional 3rd and a signing on package worth £5m would be a total outlay of around £15m. I know it's not THAT simple, but for a player of his calibre, I think it's a great price. 

This is a good way of looking at it.

IF (big if I know) he stays injury free and performs well, at only 26, he'd soon be worth in excess of £30million again.

Still not sure where he'd fit in for us though as he seems carbon copy of Adrien Silva in style and attributes. 

3 hours ago, wardyfox86 said:

To really simplify a deal, 100k/week on a 2 year deal with optional 3rd and a signing on package worth £5m would be a total outlay of around £15m. I know it's not THAT simple, but for a player of his calibre, I think it's a great price. 

He stayed at the "potential" level all his career without ever confirming and is one of the most overrated players of his generation. His performances are hardly justifying this kind of wages. He's been average at Bournemouth and will always be a concern when it comes to injuries. 

No thanks.

The wildhire snag is that when moving the ball thru midfield then rather than ride a tackle and play the ball he garners the free kick.  This enables the defence to sort it self out and ruins tbe quick counter. 

Let's not go there. ...hes not for us

Kasper

Pereira     Evans   Maguire   Plattenhardt

Ndidi

Silva                wilshire

Maddison

Nacho              Vardy 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Kasper

Ndidi

Maddison

Nacho              Vardy 

Kasper

Evans  Dragovic  Maguire

Pereira                                     Plattenhardt

Ndidi    Silva               

Maddison

Nacho              Vardy 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, richardsfoxes said:

I'd take him on a pay as you play contract with a big bonus potential if he plays over 30 games or something, doubt he'd want to travel from London though. 

So we pay him for 7 games then.

Gerriminthesmoke.

On ‎22‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 09:19, Foxy_Bear said:

Kasper

Ndidi

Maddison

Nacho              Vardy 

Ah, no wingers required - we could get some money back on Gray, Diabate, Albrighton ……… mind you Mahrez will still be with us in the U21s

• Like 1

On 22/06/2018 at 13:52, richardsfoxes said:

I'd take him on a pay as you play contract with a big bonus potential if he plays over 30 minutes or something, doubt he'd want to travel from London though due to risk of injury 

Corrected

personally i’d Steer clear of Wiltshire. He’s got good technique and looks nice gliding over the park with the ball at his feet but we want to be chasing Europe and we shouldn’t want to be risking a place in the squad on a well known injury prone player to get it, there are players out there that we could get that are potentially better and we’ve already got Maddison who seems the same type of player.

Gerrrimaway

13 minutes ago, Fox seen in Norwich said:

Corrected

personally i’d Steer clear of Wiltshire. He’s got good technique and looks nice gliding over the park with the ball at his feet but we want to be chasing Europe and we shouldn’t want to be risking a place in the squad on a well known injury prone player to get it, there are players out there that we could get that are potentially better and we’ve already got Maddison who seems the same type of player.

Gerrrimaway

I'd steer clear of Wiltshire as well given novichok in Salisbury, the tractors on market day in Devises block up the main street but I guessing that some fun may be had in Laycock 

As an ITK I have had a report that Jack Wilshere has recently been seen in Morrisons in Chippenham :ph34r:

• Haha 3

On 26/06/2018 at 23:50, Fox seen in Norwich said:

Corrected

personally i’d Steer clear of Wiltshire. He’s got good technique and looks nice gliding over the park with the ball at his feet but we want to be chasing Europe and we shouldn’t want to be risking a place in the squad on a guy thats played in Europe for the last 10 seasons well known injury prone player to get it, there are players out there that we could get that are potentially better and we’ve already got Maddison who seems the same type of player.

Gerrrimaway

• 2 weeks later...