Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Jack Wilshere - signs for WHU 3 year contract

On 15/05/2018 at 02:27, SpazticChicken said:

Gets along with Vardy doesnt he?

Could be a new one to ping balls over the top after Mahrez goes. If its a CM we're after though I'd prefer taking Lewis Cook

Bournemouth would want silly money for cook. 

Wilshere has obvious ability and was, pre-injuries, raw potential. I see why people might say he's overrated since his painstakingly slow and regularly interrupted return from injury but if we can manage his fitness properly, there's a real player inside. Never liked him much as person though, always seemed a bit of twat. Tough one but I'd be leaning towards rolling the dice on this one.

19 minutes ago, Worthington said:

He won't come to us, but .... I'd be happy to see him here, especially as he's so 'miffed' about being discarded by Southgate and has a point to prove.

Also, the 'sicknote' tag is a bit misleading. His major injuries have been fractures, which aren't down to wear and tear or weakness of the body. If he'd a catalogue of 'hammies' or ligament damage, I'd be far more concerned !

That depends if you have a congenital medical condition ................. not saying he has but there has been plenty of talk down here re bone issues 

arsenal would not be linking his new contract offer to appearances otherwise?? 

Not totally against it, lad‘s clearly got talent and still is only 26 years old - feels as if he‘s been around forever. Injury history is putting me off, though.

If we could somehow mitigate the financial risk, then we should go for him.

Always struck me as very similar to Drinkwater.

It's one of those signing that ethier helps takes you to the next level or goes horribly wrong.

He's out of contract, so no transfer fee, wages and signing on fee for a three year contract would be about 20 million.

If it works out it could be a bargain.

2 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Not totally against it, lad‘s clearly got talent and still is only 26 years old - feels as if he‘s been around forever. Injury history is putting me off, though.

If we could somehow mitigate the financial risk, then we should go for him.

Always struck me as very similar to Drinkwater.

Eh? in what way are they similar? 

6 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I think it was Parlour who was saying he's a very homely person, like to have his family around h that are all London based, he's a real southerner which is why I think he'd go to any London/southern club before us

North London is closer to Leicester than Bournemouth or from wherever Kasper gets driven from.

8 hours ago, Worthington said:

He won't come to us, but .... I'd be happy to see him here, especially as he's so 'miffed' about being discarded by Southgate and has a point to prove.

Also, the 'sicknote' tag is a bit misleading. His major injuries have been fractures, which aren't down to wear and tear or weakness of the body. If he'd a catalogue of 'hammies' or ligament damage, I'd be far more concerned !

You mean to tell me that he'd happily join BOURNEMOUTH, but not little old Leicester? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. 

As has been mentioned, if our PED....sorry "sports science" department were still at the top of their game as in 2014-2016 - then absolutely. 

Just don't think you can trust his injury record, he already seems to have lost that quick burst over 5 yards which allowed him to carry the ball past an opposition midfield, and too many more injuries will just further the decline.

Edited by martyn