Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Jack Wilshere - signs for WHU 3 year contract

40 minutes ago, martyn said:

As has been mentioned, if our PED....sorry "sports science" department were still at the top of their game as in 2014-2016 - then absolutely. 

Just don't think you can trust his injury record, he already seems to have lost that quick burst over 5 yards which allowed him to carry the ball past an opposition midfield, and too many more injuries will just further the decline.

lol glad i'm not the only one who thinks half the squad was juicing up to their gills. 

41 minutes ago, Worthington said:

No....not suggesting we're not a big enough club, but he's known to be one of 'those' of the mindset that the civilised world ends North of Hertfordshire! :) I have a hunch that he'd be happier staying in the GL area... Hammers/Palace maybe. 

Ah right I see. A bit like the situation we had with Harry Redknapp in 2001. He accepted the job following Peter Taylor being sacked I believe. Then he changed his mind after driving back to the South Coast and decided he didn't fancy making the trip every day and wouldn't relocate. 

If the rumours that he has got a bit of a pig on not getting into the England team are true then he is clearly a sucker for playing in a struggling team. Only managed 11 games for the Arse this last season so how much does that work out a game? Not sure anyone could justify that kind of expense unless he was only on an appearance fee.

26 minutes ago, Bazly said:

If the rumours that he has got a bit of a pig on not getting into the England team are true then he is clearly a sucker for playing in a struggling team. Only managed 11 games for the Arse this last season so how much does that work out a game? Not sure anyone could justify that kind of expense unless he was only on an appearance fee.

He made 12 starts, 8 sub in the PL and 12 starts, 1 Sub in Europa.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/42686/History/Jack-Wilshere

Edited by coolhandfox

Has talent without a doubt and I think he would actually suit us very much, except for the fact that he is never fit enough for long enough.

Also him and Vards both lighting up a fag in the changing rooms is sure to be a hazard !!!

• Haha 1

I think he has no intention of leaving Arsenal. They've offered him a new deal, but he wants more and I think he will get close enough to it soon enough and sign a new deal with them. 

I'd definitely take him here of course even with his dodgy injury past. Played 20 games this season and 27 the season before and has the ability to change games.

Not happening though, but I do think we should be looking at adding another CM to our squad as I don't have much hope for Mendy and King and possibly even James should go in my opinion. 

Most people seem to forget how good a fit Wilshire was.

He participated in 40 games this season, grabbing 2 goals and 7 assists. If I’m reading the data right, he played 2,795 minutes of football. 

Performance data

Looking at his injury history, it could be a case of adapting his playing style 

Injury history

37 minutes ago, Sly said:

Most people seem to forget how good a fit Wilshire was.

He participated in 40 games this season, grabbing 2 goals and 7 assists. If I’m reading the data right, he played 2,795 minutes of football. 

Performance data

Looking at his injury history, it could be a case of adapting his playing style 

Injury history

I know he's had a honderous injury lost, but you have to question arsenal's medical team and methods. Over the years they've had a number of severely injury prone players. 

A fit wilshere is just as bad if not better than what we have here. On a free I would take him definitely. 

But I don't see this happening. I imagine he'll sign a new contract at Arsenal 

2 hours ago, vanity said:

Between him and Matty James we might get 30 games. We can do much better.

...... Wilshire  played more than that last season alone.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...