Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hitesh

Premier League 2018/9 Fixtures - (Released 14th June)

Decent set of fixtures.

2 big areas where we could go on a decent run and pick up some points without playing any of the top 6, being end of Oct to middle of Dec and last 2 games of Feb right through to end of April.

Some decent fixtures ahead.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ealingfox said:

The start of the season sets the tone. After 10 games, if you have played the top 10 and lost 7 games, whether you've played well or not, the squad will be low on confidence and frustrated, the manager will be under pressure and the owners are probably thinking about pulling the trigger.

If you've played the bottom 10 and won 7 games you will be near the top of the table, the players will be happy and will be more prepared to back the manager and work as hard as they can.

If you accept that an average team are more likely to beat the worse teams than the better teams it's really not a difficult concept to understand.

Hmmm everyone at xmas had palace down. Remind me how that went.

In 14/15 everyone (not me ) had us down.

15/16 at Xmas everyone said well done Leicester but you won't win it.

Care to remind us what happened.

It's all about a season not ten games.

Yes fixtures play a part but no teams ever gone down because the first five and last five games.

If we go down its feck all to do with our last three games. It's because we've been shite in 35 other games.

If we have a bad start and the manager and players can't turn it round that's them not the fixtures.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Yes fixtures play a part but no teams ever gone down because the first five and last five games.

If we go down its feck all to do with our last three games. It's because we've been shite in 35 other games.

If we have a bad start and the manager and players can't turn it round that's them not the fixtures.

Yes fixtures play a part. That was my point and you've agreed with it. I'm saying the people who say it makes no difference at all are idiots.

None of your post is a valid argument against what I said. I didn't say a teams fortunes can't change mid-season. If they do it's usually because of material changes though.

lol You're even making my point for me.

14/15 we had a very favourable run of fixtures at the end of the season. 15/16 we had a very favourable run of fixtures at the start of the season. On both occasions that had a role in the season panning out the way it did. I'm confident we'd not have won the league if we had played Man City, Man United and Chelsea in the first 5 games.

There's about a million different variables going into a match and billions over the course of the season - of course the sequence of fixtures makes a difference.

4 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Does anybody know when are we expecting the TV fixtures, I assume it would need to be soon as the season is only 7 weeks away 

Sky said beginning of July on there fixture page.

• Like 1

Wonder if there'll still be plenty of online streams about to watch some of the non-broadcasted games, or not much of them if the online security etc have been clamping down on them?

Edited by Wymeswold fox

5 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Wonder if there'll still be plenty of online streams about to watch some of the non-broadcasted games, or not much of them if the online security etc have been clamping down on them?

Yeah I’m sure there will be, I don’t see anything changing for the next season 

9 hours ago, ealingfox said:

The start of the season sets the tone. After 10 games, if you have played the top 10 and lost 7 games, whether you've played well or not, the squad will be low on confidence and frustrated, the manager will be under pressure and the owners are probably thinking about pulling the trigger.

If you've played the bottom 10 and won 7 games you will be near the top of the table, the players will be happy and will be more prepared to back the manager and work as hard as they can.

If you accept that an average team are more likely to beat the worse teams than the better teams it's really not a difficult concept to understand.

Couldnt have said it better myself, momentum is king in football.

If we get a draw or beat man utd it be fine, but if we lose, then going into the next 2 games will be tougher then it seems due to the morale of the players and the manager.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015–16_Leicester_City_F.C._season

Our first big tough game on paper was probably arsenal which was the 7th game, as prior to that season spurs were not quite the force they were soon to be. We lost that game as one would expect, but by then we already had momentum.  So after the defeat we had a decent record and were still high in the table, it took until another 7 games the 14th game to meet another big team man utd, that fixture list was extremely kind to us.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sylofox said:

Go on a bad run of defeats though it's a massive confidence knocker. The fixtures play a huge part, mentally. 

9 hours ago, The Bear said:

Live TV games for Aug/Sep will be announced on 7th July. 

But I came in here purely to post this. Top tweet! 

https://twitter.com/SteveWalsh5/status/1007197864454426625?s=19

Why the hell do they wait that long? I've never understood it. Surely they know what games they want already. Just stick it in with the original announcement so we can actually book trains etc...

Returns to Manchester £20 at the minute. No doubt they shoot up by then.

14 hours ago, aefevans said:

See you guys on the 1st December!

(Sorry about the intrusion, but the Watford forum is currently spilling over with cheese jokes and puns, so I've just popped over here until it blows over. Hope you're well.)

13 hours ago, jonthefox said:

Tread Caerphilly  :rolleyes:

11 hours ago, murphy said:

I camembert-lieve it, edam well better get back to the Watford forum.   How dairy?

Gouda here! 

damn you people for milking this

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Why the hell do they wait that long? I've never understood it. Surely they know what games they want already. Just stick it in with the original announcement so we can actually book trains etc...

I guess the FA would have to give Sky access to the fixtures early, and they want to limit who knows to stop any leaks. 

Edited by The Bear

On 15/06/2018 at 01:16, Dan LCFC said:

This will defo be on tv when though is a different matter lol, at a random guess Sunday 1.30pm