Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hitesh

Premier League 2018/9 Fixtures - (Released 14th June)

Guest MattP

Used to love these being released, hate it now because of the reactionary culture of football. 

Get the top six in the first eight matches and the manager is probably getting the sack whoever he is.

Tottenham's first home game is at Wembley so someone misses out on going to their ground next year. I really hope it isn't us.

I also demand Fulham away is any weekend except for October 20th.

Preferably lets have a home game boxing day.

Although we tend to avoid it on here as most are rational and realise we play everyone twice but looking forward to the social media meltdown at 9.05am as fans of <insert big club name here> complain the FA, Premier League, UEFA, FIFA are anti their club as they've been given a couple of hard games in a row in November.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Tottenham's first home game is at Wembley so someone misses out on going to their ground next year. I really hope it isn't us.

I also demand Fulham away is any weekend except for October 20th.

Preferably lets have a home game boxing day.

Really? Thought you couldn’t play premier league games at 2 different “home” grounds in 1 season 

I thought the only option they had was to request that the home fixtures get switched so they play the first 4 games away 

1 hour ago, Corky said:

Although we tend to avoid it on here as most are rational and realise we play everyone twice but looking forward to the social media meltdown at 9.05am as fans of <insert big club name here> complain the FA, Premier League, UEFA, FIFA are anti their club as they've been given a couple of hard games in a row in November.

Remember the Leicester got all home games after European games moaning. Forgetting we a number of top six teams away before those games!

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Remember the Leicester got all home games after European games moaning. Forgetting we a number of top six teams away before those games!

It does baffle me how people can get so worked up over a set of fixtures where everyone plays everyone else home and away in a random order. They act like they've been given extra tough matches as a punishment for something.

11 minutes ago, Corky said:

It does baffle me how people can get so worked up over a set of fixtures where everyone plays everyone else home and away in a random order. They act like they've been given extra tough matches as a punishment for something.

To be fair, the start of last season was pretty dire. It would be nice to see a more generous opening to the season this time round to give momentum. 

Don't we usually get served pretty unspectacular opening games in the Premier League?

1994/1995: Newcastle (h)

1996/1997: Sunderland (a)

1997/1998: Aston Villa (h)

1998/1999: Manchester United (a)

1999/2000: Arsenal (a)

2000/2001: Aston Villa (h)

2001/2002: Bolton (h)

2003/2004: Southampton (h)

2014/2015: Everton (h)

2015/2016: Sunderland (h)

2016/2017: Hull City (a)

2017/2018: Arsenal (a)

So my guess is:

Cardiff City vs. Leicester City

Because we all love their stadium.

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Was hilarious. Absolutely classic Spurs/Arsenal behaviour.

1 hour ago, rachhere said:

To be fair, the start of last season was pretty dire. It would be nice to see a more generous opening to the season this time round to give momentum. 

Yeah it was rubbish, and we could do without similar this year given if we start badly we're likely to end up sacking the manager early doors again, and I'm fed up of that already.

Saying that, it was largely the easier games we blew under Puel.

1 hour ago, jammie82uk said:

Really? Thought you couldn’t play premier league games at 2 different “home” grounds in 1 season 

I thought the only option they had was to request that the home fixtures get switched so they play the first 4 games away 

Been given special permission according to Sky.

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

Don't we usually get served pretty unspectacular opening games in the Premier League?

1994/1995: Newcastle (h)

1996/1997: Sunderland (a)

1997/1998: Aston Villa (h)

1998/1999: Manchester United (a)

1999/2000: Arsenal (a)

2000/2001: Aston Villa (h)

2001/2002: Bolton (h)

2003/2004: Southampton (h)

2014/2015: Everton (h)

2015/2016: Sunderland (h)

2016/2017: Hull City (a)

2017/2018: Arsenal (a)

So my guess is:

Cardiff City vs. Leicester City

Because we all love their stadium.

I'd say the only unspectacular ones there are Bolton, Southampton and Sunderland. 

1 hour ago, Corky said:

Random? As if you believe that lol it's already been announced that fixtures were fixed so non of the top six would play each other at the end of the season? What else do they do

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

Random? As if you believe that lol it's already been announced that fixtures were fixed so non of the top six would play each other at the end of the season? What else do they do 

Got to agree with Ashley here. The super Sundays are fixed a couple of times each year, meaning that 4 of the big 6/7 play each other for sure (Pretty sure that's what I read)

5 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Got to agree with Ashley here. The super Sundays are fixed a couple of times each year, meaning that 4 of the big 6/7 play each other for sure (Pretty sure that's what I read)

So very random when you get the Merseyside Derby followed by the Manchester Derby on the same weekend.

12 hours ago, Corky said:

Tottenham will have to revert to "their" alternative league table, of which they are always top...