Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Outfox the Fox

Allardyce gone - Shaky, Walsh and NP available?

Guest Markyblue

Do we not tell forest fans to stop living in the past.but then when the np subject rears its head people want to ........ Yes that' right live in the past.

people scoffing at the idea of 'rehiring' someone you let go; you do realise this happens ALL the time IRL, across many different industries, including sports? 

sometimes people concede they made a mistake in firing / letting someone go.

sometimes the person who was let go improves, gains experience elsewhere and comes back with a fresh approach to a project.

despite what you think - people with good business sense have an ability to admit that the above happens and can get past their ****ing ego for the better of their project. 

i've seen it happen several times in my working career - sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't - but the idea of bringing someone back - get this into your skull; it ain't a taboo and it does happen. 

ironically one of the best examples of it working out for the best is Pearson being re-hired for his second term here - possibly one of the finest examples of bringing someone back and it working out.

not to mention it working A THIRD time with him working on their other project and having success there too. 

are you actually thick or just being selective in your memory of this working out positively for our club?

4 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

people scoffing at the idea of 'rehiring' someone you let go; you do realise this happens ALL the time IRL, across many different industries, including sports? 

sometimes the person who was let go improves, gains experience elsewhere and comes back with a fresh approach to a project.

despite what you think - people with good business sense have an ability to admit that the above happens and can get past their ****ing ego for the better of their project. 

i've seen it happen several times in my working career - sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't - but the idea of bringing someone back - get this into your skull; it ain't a taboo and it does happen. 

ironically one of the best examples of it working out for the best is Pearson being re-hired for his second term here - possibly one of the finest examples of bringing someone back and it working out.

not to mention it working A THIRD time with him working on their other project and having success there too. 

are you actually thick or just being selective in your memory of this working out positively for our club?

I think your example would be better if we hadn't achieved even more after he left.

But we did. And no one wants back the people who achieved more.

Or had the patience to stick with them through a rough period......like they did with Pearson.

I think it also perpetuates the idea the players are right to kick up a strop and down tools on everyone. If your default position is always Pearson unless he improves every single season forever, which he wont, youre accepting their behaviour as ok.

Edited by Donut

Guest Markyblue
1 minute ago, lifted*fox said:

How has np improved since his last spell here please explain because I must be thick!!

1 minute ago, Donut said:

I think your example would be better if we hadn't achieved even more after he left.

But we did. And no one wants back the people who achieved more.

Or had the patience to stick with them through a rough period......like they did with Pearson.

come on man, how many times do I have to explain my stance on this to you for it to sink in?

I'm one of the people saying we should stick with Puel this summer - I think we're in for a disaster if we don't.

my argument is against people on here who act like bringing someone back is a joke of an idea - it's not, it never has been, it never will be. 

it's a shit argument - this going backwards bla bla bla. there is ZERO evidence to support going backwards under Pearson.

do I want him back? - at the moment, probably not - not the right time, we're fragile and need stability. 

if he was to come back - he'd get my full and absolute support; we've had nothing but success under that man.

there is literally no argument against that.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

come on man, how many times do I have to explain my stance on this to you for it to sink in?

I'm one of the people saying we should stick with Puel this summer - I think we're in for a disaster if we don't.

my argument is against people on here who act like bringing someone back is a joke of an idea - it's not, it never has been, it never will be. 

it's a shit argument - this going backwards bla bla bla. there is ZERO evidence to support going backwards under Pearson.

do I want him back? - at the moment, probably not - not the right time, we're fragile and need stability. 

if he was to come back - he'd get my full and absolute support; we've had nothing but success under that man.

there is literally no argument against that.

The argument against Pearson coming back, is there are lots of managers who can do a lot better than him. And have CV's to show its likely they would.

Weve had two since Pearson who have done just this. Both derided as a joke.

And saying this doesn't mean you discredit everything he has previously done. He did it, and deserves credit.

And you've kind of said it yourself in your post, stability right now is important.

Edited by Donut

3 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

How has np improved since his last spell here please explain because I must be thick!!

clearly - as my example above about 'people improving' was a general comment about re-hiring people in ANY circumstance - not our current situation.

Pearson hasn't done anything of note since leaving us, apart from the recent success he's having abroad. 

he fell into a ****ing shit of a job at Derby where they gave him ZERO time to implement any long-term ideas and hounded him out at the first sign of players kicking up a fuss.

hardly a stick to beat him with, is it?

3 hours ago, Worthington said:

Somewhere else yes... Here, no thanks!! You don't progress by walking backwards !

I dont Know If Pearson-Shakespeare Combo would be backwards,they could get US to

an high Standard and Position consistent Turn around of 10-4th.

I believe Walsh as had His days,and lost momentum going to Everton.But it seems He was

Left with little choice with internal differences.

A few fans in here,rightly are chasing Ambitions,we have never Seen,attempted but Not realised.

My Ambitions still travel in that Hubble of hopes and Dreams,and still enjoy good and occasional

exciting journey. Thats why I Keep to Puel,I believe He can deliver top 8,but Just yes Just maybe

get US competing  chasing top 4.He has bought a new concept new ideas,mixed with the tried.

Our owners do have Financial clout,but nowhere near even Manutd or Spurs,only maybe

on a one Swing clever manouvre.

I believe it as to be a slow process,related and compared to a new found Athl.Madrid who Fell from Grace.

Not forgetting they still had a better traditional Base before,than we ever had.

}..WE are in the Same Draw, has the ilk of ,Forest,Ipswich and Blackburn success periods..,{

Please dont reply with Splitting  hair Posts!!

Yes while we are now in that covetted top 9, non struggling PL Situation....it is time to Push.

Thats where I Support even the over Ambitions Fans...No Matter how ridiculous,why??

because we upset the Applecart once,why Not a tasty apple-turnover Just to annoy!!

As a Coach Shakespeare found that Special something,He AS it in His DNA.

Pearson bought in His Style and Ethos,relinement flexability skills,and that building Block

Quality.His failures after City were more to do with incompetent unknowledgable Bosses,

who failed to give him Free range in Football Terms.

Sometimes Fans have to pull Back,and Accept who WE would Like just wont come.

So all Others with decent  reputations are all "luck of the Draw candidates"

*Some Young English talent,..Like Howe and Monk,etc.

*Pearson brings internal knowledge,with a certain % Upgrade in His own developement.

*Any Foreign potential

*Open season to Bring Forward,decent,wild,crazy,acceptable,reality possibles..

*My suggestions...too long in the tooth,to get excited ,leave IT to the owners approach.

*My Suggestions II ,Puel and Puel again...Be careful for what you Wish for,dont underrate

what you have...especially when He has No decent window to Bring or try to chase in Your own

Type of Player. No..6 Months or 20+ Games is Not enough time to rebuild,recreate Your own

Ethos,beliefs,or required characteristics and Style Into any group. 

WE want to become a recognised Professional Club,Not a Center for Disneyland Applications,

or firefighting Relegation Experts. *** Then now ITS time for time to be given!!!

Easy easy,slowly slowly Catches the Monkey!!!

Like any choice...this is Football. there are No guarrantees or " told you so" expert scenarios

Just spitefull Gratification of any failure,If a Card Carrier and certified member of the

Gratious negative Club.....

Joy and Celebration to the Happy clapper Club, because we have No fking Idea and dont want to!!!

ITS the dream and Journey  that Counts  Not the result final table.or result of the final.

# To the good Guys...enjoy Your Summer,including sunburn ,the Rain,and burnt Out       Barbecue

#To uncompatable ,entitled ,and ungracious negativos..... Tough! Your Journey has Flats and No spare!!

Edited by fuchsntf

Guest Markyblue
1 minute ago, lifted*fox said:

clearly - as my example above about 'people improving' was a general comment about re-hiring people in ANY circumstance - not our current situation.

Pearson hasn't done anything of note since leaving us, apart from the recent success he's having abroad. 

he fell into a ****ing shit of a job at Derby where they gave him ZERO time to implement any long-term ideas and hounded him out at the first sign of players kicking up a fuss.

Not beating him I'm a fan.but think his career has not shot forward after leaving here has it.

3 hours ago, Beechey said:

Imagine not only bringing back someone you've sacked twice in Pearson, but also bringing back Shakespeare who you also sacked and Walsh who jumped ship as soon as he could.

No thanks.

Better than having BORING BORING PUEL

Just now, Markyblue said:

Not beating him I'm a fan.but think his career has not shot forward after leaving here has it.

Nigel is a pragmatic man - unlike most mercenary managers out there he probably chose to take some time away from the game after what happened to him here.

He finally picked the Derby job as a route back into management and got turned over by the owner and players before he could even begin building something - more fool them as they've just bottled out of the play-offs again - something Nigel probably would have had sorted with his methods, systems and science teams. 

Again - probably hurt by that he took some time out and then got re-employed by our managers in a job in a lower league abroad - most likely to avoid the inevitable media circus over here going mad about 'thai hooker dad' going back into work for our owners in the UK. 

It speaks volumes that they had to sack him over that but respect the man and his talents to the point where they're reinstated him back into their company. Our owners clearly recognise the club-building talent and skills that he has and were willing to overlook the unfortunate events that happened in Thailand that caused him to lose his job in the first place.

That is why our owners are able to run successful football clubs and most of the posters on here couldn't run a 5K with rocket shoes - because they have the ability to see the forest through the trees, swallow their pride and bring in the best man for the job, despite previous misdemeanours. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Pearson did an amazing job for us but CR won the Premier not Pearson, personally I don’t think we’d of won the Premiership with Nige in charge but it’s all a matter of opinion, the stars aligned that season for us, CR was perfect for that one season.

who built that team?

14 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

who built that team?

Man City's squad was largely built by Pellegrini and Mancini.

Otamendi, Fernandinho, Delph, Sterling, De Bruyne, David Silva, Yaya Toure, Aguero, Kompany (around even before Mancini).

Pep added some quality signings on top.

Did the magic duo of Pellegrini and Mancini win Man City the 2017/2018 title?

Obviously not.

In the same way Claudio Ranieri won the league and Pearson didn't.

If youre saying "who built that team" I could turn around as easily and say "who won the league" and we would both be right.

Building a team doesn't equal winning the league.

Edited by Donut
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

And yet people (not you I hasten to add) want instant success here with Puel, and despite him lifting us to a creditable 9th place finish and having no opportunity of note to shape the squad the way he would like, people want him out immediately.

But take a similar situation at Derby, and people are more than happy to make excuses for why Pearson was doing a terrible job. Lets just be honest, he was doing a dreadful job, but we are happy to discuss all the mitigating circumstances to shift the blame off him, which exist here and a blind eye is turned to them.

If he was astute about the jobs he takes, why take Derby? theres an expectation of immediate success, in the sense of reaching the playoffs. If he couldn't deliver that straight away, why touch the job?

Is 4th out of 6 in the Belgian Jupiler Group A good? I don't know

13 minutes ago, Donut said:

Man City's squad was largely built by Pellegrini and Mancini.

Otamendi, Fernandinho, Delph, Sterling, De Bruyne, David Silva, Yaya Toure, Aguero, Kompany (around even before Mancini).

Pep added some quality signings on top.

Did the magic duo of Pellegrini and Mancini win Man City the 2017/2018 title?

Obviously not.

In the same way Claudio Ranieri won the league and Pearson didn't.

If youre saying "who built that team" I could turn around as easily and say "who won the league" and we would both be right.

Building a team doesn't equal winning the league.

he built the team that won the league bar a few additions who Ranieri didn't sign and would of been available to Pearson regardless.

but yea Pearson didn't build the squad that won the league

9 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

he built the team that won the league bar a few additions who Ranieri didn't sign and would of been available to Pearson regardless.

but yea Pearson didn't build the squad that won the league

Read your own post back because it doesn't make any sense.

Nigel Pearson built a team.

Ranieri used that team to win the Premier League.

Youre trying to infer that whoever the manager was inheriting the team was given a title challenging team to go and win the league with.

That's where the difference lies.

Edited by Donut
  • Thanks 1