Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Outfox the Fox

Allardyce gone - Shaky, Walsh and NP available?

3 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

errm I think the correct term is ‘Pearsonite’ please show us the respect our title deserves

Sounds like something that makes Superman not so super.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, 49er said:

- Likely to have the respect of Vardy, Mahrez and Schmeichel. Perhaps Mahrez may stay if Pearson is coming back?

I'd prefer a manager that ships off Schmeichel and Mahrez in the summer. The last thing i want in a manager is one that will make concessions for Mahrez. This is a guy that went on strike for 10 days and then was allowed to play the next game. He won't find a manager softer than Puel. And Nigel doesn't have time for Pima Donnas.

59 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

It does seem that there's too much of an obsession with Pearson, and that some even prefer him to Ranieri (despite the obvious success magnitude difference).

“Some” i think you mean 4 times as many Leicester fans.

7695230E-C3E5-4A82-8321-EAB6CE27A5B6.thumb.jpeg.e7a889285cc0bdaec2b49f728a041a02.jpeg

Fact is Nige is who the people want

16 minutes ago, NewEnglandFox said:

I'd prefer a manager that ships off Schmeichel and Mahrez in the summer. The last thing i want in a manager is one that will make concessions for Mahrez. This is a guy that went on strike for 10 days and then was allowed to play the next game. He won't find a manager softer than Puel. And Nigel doesn't have time for Pima Donnas.

Mahrez is the tenth top goalscorer in the Premier League this season. Image how many he and Vardy would have scored, and where we would have finished , if we had a proper manager who got the best out of the rest of the team? 

Mahrez was fifth equal with Pogba and Salah for number of assists

Edited by 49er

5 minutes ago, 49er said:

Mahrez is the tenth top goalscorer in the Premier League this season. Image how many he and Vardy would have scored, and where we would have finished , if we had a proper manager who got the best out of the rest of the team?

I can imagine us finishing higher if he hadn't had gone on strike. His strike is one of the main reasons this season spiraled out of control.

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandFox said:

I can imagine us finishing higher if he hadn't had gone on strike. His strike is one of the main reasons this season spiraled out of control.

Alot of our other players also went on 'strike' during the season - Musa, Slimani, Ulloa, Benalouane, Mendey...

1 minute ago, NewEnglandFox said:

You just named 5 guys who combine a grand total of 3 league starts this season...

They made a great contribution then to the cause. We won't blame them - just focus on Mahrez

• Like 1

I feel bad for Walsh. After signing three balloon d'Or players from relative obscurity he ends up sacked a few seasons later. I'd have him back as director of recruitment in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

he built the team that won the league bar a few additions who Ranieri didn't sign and would of been available to Pearson regardless.

but yea Pearson didn't build the squad that won the league

I don’t think you’re quite grasping what people are saying, I like Pearson, he did a great job but he didn’t win the league CR did, would that of happened if Pearson had remained in charge? That we will never know, but he didn’t, and that is a fact.

As I said in a previous post both will go down as great Leicester managers.

1 hour ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I don’t think you’re quite grasping what people are saying, I like Pearson, he did a great job but he didn’t win the league CR did, would that of happened if Pearson had remained in charge? That we will never know, but he didn’t, and that is a fact.

As I said in a previous post both will go down as great Leicester managers.

Your right we will never know, I don't know what there is to grasp.. I'm pointing out the Pearson built a team, that under CR's guidance and management won the league.

like you say there are both great managers.

Edited by whoareyaaa

I'd take Pearson's emphasis on sports psychology, his team spirit and his more exciting football (perhaps). I'd take Puel's superior premier league experience, his tactical awareness (perhaps) and his success with youth players.

I'm not ditching Puel until we're in the relegation zone with no hope of escape or until we're playing a style of football that brings blood to my eyes with no hope of progress. Until then I'm supporting our manager and I'm supporting our team.

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Foxxed said:

I feel bad for Walsh. After signing three balloon d'Or players from relative obscurity he ends up sacked a few seasons later. I'd have him back as director of recruitment in a heartbeat.

Not ideal for him but the guys heading/ in the twilight of his career, a decent pay off and his choice of jobs after without financial pressure will soften any disappointment.. He'll get plenty of offers.

DOF alongside an admin would be a better call than the current clown.