Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

England Squad Announced

13 hours ago, Wookie said:

Alli has been consistently sub par for England, I’d imagine he starts though. Obviously only the last few friendliest but we looked a lot better with Lingard in the side because he’s more selfless.

Lallana and Oxlade-Chamberlain’s injuries are big blows. I’m not a huge fan but I’d probably have taken Wilshere as he can run with the ball well.

I really wanted us to play a 4-1-4-1 with Ox and Lallana in the middle with Sterling and Rashford out wide with Kane up front and Dier holding.

Pope

Walker Stones Maguire Rose

Dier

Sterling Ox Lallana Rashford

Kane

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

I really wanted us to play a 4-1-4-1 with Ox and Lallana in the middle with Sterling and Rashford out wide with Kane up front and Dier holding.

Pope

Walker Stones Maguire Rose

Dier

Sterling Ox Lallana Rashford

Kane

I think behind Kane, Lallanais probably our most important player as I don’t think Lingard and Alli are as creative. I can only imagine it’s fitness rather than anything else why he’s not in the squad.

I think we’re better with 3 at the back though

14 hours ago, Turbogre said:

Ah my bad, I thought he was as I read he has British grandparents? 

They have British passports but weren't born in Britain so he doesn't qualify due to that. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Vardy is better than the ****ing Billy bear meat spam head at Spurs but Sterling is better than both. I rarely get arsed about footy anymore but it genuinely pisses me off how underrated Sterling is by our fans. Embrace him, he's ****ing fantastic. 

drunk scouse knew 

On 22/12/2015 at 23:39, ScouseFox said:

sterling will be one of hte best players in the world in about 3 or 4 yars

5 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Vardy is better than the ****ing Billy bear meat spam head at Spurs but Sterling is better than both. I rarely get arsed about footy anymore but it genuinely pisses me off how underrated Sterling is by our fans. Embrace him, he's ****ing fantastic. 

Time he showed it for England then, it's a huge tournament for him.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Time he showed it for England then, it's a huge tournament for him.

The really quite racist media will no doubt find a way to make him a Scapegoat either way.  We could win the Tournament and somehow they would come out with a story on how he wasted the bonus on Bling while Lovely Harry Kane spent his on the kids.

Baffling how many defenders are in these squads. Nobody is taking more than 5 midfielders but surely that is where you need depth to change the game? You shouldn’t need to change the defence much over the course of the tournament.

• Like 2

Some sour grapes from Wheelchair. I didn't hear Drinkwater complain when Woy failed to pick himself in 2016. And that was after Drinkwater had played all season for the Champions. Wheelchair got 3 games at the end of the season and they were the only appearances he made.

• Like 2

It's not that far off what I'd choose in term of numbers, but it's the criminal decision to leave out creative midfielders that's annoyed me.

I'd replace Cahill & Welbeck with Shelvey and Lallana or Wilshere. If we're gonna use Walker in a back 3 then we don't need another 4 CBs + Eric Dier.

1 hour ago, Kitchandro said:

Baffling how many defenders are in these squads. Nobody is taking more than 5 midfielders but surely that is where you need depth to change the game? You shouldn’t need to change the defence much over the course of the tournament.

I know mate and Southgate had the audacity to say he's taken 1 less defender so he could take an attacker. We don't need 3 left backs and 3 right backs it's beggars belief. When the games come thick and fast if we do somehow get to/past the quarter finals then we've got very little in midfield to look to. That said the options being left at home are hardly incredible, but one of Wilshere or Shelvey ought to be in that squad.

Guest seanfox778
1 hour ago, Wortho said:

Some sour grapes from Wheelchair. I didn't hear Drinkwater complain when Woy failed to pick himself in 2016. And that was after Drinkwater had played all season for the Champions. Wheelchair got 3 games at the end of the season and they were the only appearances he made.

He's going a bit overboard now, the headline on Sky Sports is a quote from him saying "I could've made an impact". So could Shelvey or others who have been left out, he's coming across as a spoilt brat now. 

12 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

He seems to have had a good season at club level but he's never done it for England. Two goals in 37 caps and the last of those was nearly three years ago. Has never scored in a tournament, never scored against one of the bigger nations, didn't score once during world cup qualification. I know scoring isn't everything in his game, but if he wants to know why the nation remains sceptical then there's his answer.

Edited by Rogstanley

I'm not sure why Hart apparently blames Moyes for his failure to make the England squad. Moyes dropped him because he wasn't very good and Adrian was probably better, weirdo. 

Wouldn't be surprised if Hart & Wilshere didn't get called up again after these weird outbursts