Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

England Squad Announced

The likes of Wilshere and Hart taking to social media to express their disappointment at not making the squad is just crazy. They don't need to make that kind of public announcement. It stands to reason that they'd be disappointed. We already know this.

Wilshere stating he could've made an impact and Hart saying he's proud of playing every minute of the qualifiers is just coming across as bitter.

For me, the national side should be treated as if it's the biggest club side in the country. If you're eligible but not playing regularly enough, well enough, or even hinting that you can recapture form that you once showed, you're not getting picked. It's as simple as that. If you're a keeper, you don't get picked for picking up clean sheets against teams that barely had a shot on target against you.

Edited by ALC Fox

Lol at the ridiculous of Hart blaming Moyes for his omission citing his decision to drop him for West Ham rather than the lack in his own ability / form.

As for the squad, swap Cahill with Shelvey its probably about right in respect of the pool of players to choose from.

We're going to have to rely on that odious scrote Dele Alli aren't we? I'm just looking through the squad and the scenario's when we come up against half decent nations and there's got to be someone in midfield who can make a key pass. Henderson, Dier and Delph are merely water carriers they'll off load as soon as they can and our wing backs will only be dangerous if we stretch teams before they can settle in their shape behind the ball. Either Loftus-Cheek gets a chance and hits the ground running which is a big ask or Alli has got to get his finger out his riz hole and turn up. He's had a heinous season for Spurs and his last decent game for England was pre Euro 2016 but he's the one to turn us from being workmanlike to a weapon. Kane, Vardy, Sterling and Rashford will need space creating for them, Vardy might as well stay back at the team hotel though if it is indeed Alli to do the business for us, his brain can't compute Vardy as an option.

Oooh hang on, I've forgot champagne Jesse Lingard, that man can open a tin of beans from 60 yards with one of his twitter celebrations. Job done. We're on the march with Gareth's Army

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Southgate has to decide to go 2 up top then otherwise Vardy isn't starting any World Cup games barring injuries.

12 minutes ago, breadandcheese said:

It should be Vardy and Kane upfront together with Sterling playing behind to provide the creativity.  Dump Dele Alli.

I’ll be very surprised if he plays both Vardy and Kane up front together. Hope he does but doubt he will :nono:

Just now, Izzy Muzzett said:

I’ll be very surprised if he plays both Vardy and Kane up front together. Hope he does but doubt he will :nono:

It would be worthwhile him trying it in these 2 friendlies, even if it's just for 45 minutes each game. Maybe from the start and then in the next game in the 2nd half when the dynamics of games change so we can have it as an option. Ironically it's the potential fixtures against better opposition like Belgium and then potentially Germany in the QF's if we get that far where we'd be better served with them up top together as we'll have more opportunity to counter attack. Against Tunisia and Panama I could see it being much harder to get Vardy and Kane working and the frustration will bring dismissiveness that it's a worthwhile option. I can picture Vardy coming on and rescuing some games for us though much to the annoyance of the London fan boys.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bert said:

Glad it's Kane. Simply for the fact it doesn't guarantee Henderson to start and thinking he's Gerrard. 

That won't guarantee him a start, but the fact that we only have 2 central midfielders in the squad probably will.

2 hours ago, breadandcheese said:

Sadly, I know you're right.  It'll be Kane up top.  Even Rashford has more chance of starting than Vardy

Rashford plays on the wing I suppose- if he plays up front at any point though it will be a travesty.

I reckon Vardy will be Southgate's first choice every time he needs someone to come on and make an impact, whether that's searching for a goal or for the counter defending a lead.

2 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

Who really cares who the captain of England is? 

He just becomes a scapegoat and someone to hurl abuse at by England fans. 

I totally forgot about the embarrassing "you let your country down" chant.