Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

England world cup poll.

How will England do in the world cup?  

189 members have voted

1. 1. How will England do in the world cup?

• Winners
    • Runners up
    • Semi Final exit
    • Quarter Final exit
    • Round of 16 exit
    • Group stage exit

Guest MattP

Round of 16, lose to Colombia. 

QF certainly possible though given we only have to beat Panama, Tunisia and Colombia or Poland to get there.

7 minutes ago, MattP said:

Round of 16, lose to Colombia. 

QF certainly possible though given we only have to beat Panama, Tunisia and Colombia or Poland to get there.

This is probably one of our best opportunities to go close. The squad isn't incredible but on their day can play anyone. 

Just need some favourable draws really.

We've got the ability to grind out results nowadays, we don't have star quality but that isn't always needed. Portugal didn't play well at the Euros and barely won a game, Southgate isn't as good a manager as Santos but our squad is arguably better. Kane, Sterling, Vardy, Walker, Maguire, Henderson, TAA, Rose, Stones and Lingard have all had very good seasons so we have players in form. The draw is in our favour as well, I reckon we'll make the semis but we don't have the ability to go toe to toe with Germany, France, Brazil and Spain unfortunately.

Guest MattP
2 minutes ago, Focks said:

Can't believe what I'm reading here, we won't win a single game, maybe 2 draws at best

If we don't beat Panama, a team Switzerland thrashed 6-0 a few weeks ago the players should be left in Russia.

Edited by MattP

Hopefully we'll get humiliated and exit in the first round.

Unless Kane gets crocked and Vardy has to play, in which case hopefully we win it.

in reality it will probably be something in between. The draw is kind enough for us to struggle through until we play a decent team with a plan, possibly Colombia, or definitely Germany if not.

3 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Hopefully we'll get humiliated and exit in the first round.

Why on earth would you want that? I assume you're a proud Englishman?

4 hours ago, Webbo said:

As always I hope for the best. I certainly won't take any pleasure if we fail like some on here will.

It's almost as if the media completely brainwash the nation when it comes to football. They spend months telling the players they are shit then can't wait to celebrate a loss and say "I told you so" 

I refuse to get my expectations up as I have every WC since 1982. Scrape through the group seems likely based on previous tournaments...BUT... who knows? If Leicester can win the Premier League over 38 games then why can't England (or anyone for that matter) upset the odds over 7 matches?

I don't care if we win it or not (I mean that's not hard we won't)

I just want to experience that buzz again. I bet 1990 and 1996 were something special, but as a kid/teen I remember 02,04 and 06 tournaments so fondly because of the hype, the belief, the joy and buzz that came from a team we thought could/would do well in the competitions.

Whilst that won't be there for the groups, a run in the knock outs would hopefully bring a flash of that feeling back again. Whether it's to the quarters or battling through to the semis, it would be fantastic to bring that expectation back to England on those warm summer days.