Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Captaincy

Who should be Leicester City captain next season?  

543 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to be captain of Leicester City next season?

• Wes Morgan
    • Jamie Vardy
    • Kasper Schmeichel
    • Harry Maguire
    • Wilfred Ndidi
    • Riyad Mahrez (!)
    • Shinji Okazaki
    • Danny Simpson
    • Marc Albrighton
    • Kelechi Iheanacho
    • Ben Chilwell
    • Someone else

2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

You know it was a joke, right?

Do you think Mahrez sets a good example?

Yes, I knew you were joking.

P.S. Would it be too difficult to guess the 4 posters who actually believe Mahrez should be captain? 

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, FIF said:

P.S. Would it be too difficult to guess the 4 posters who actually believe Mahrez should be captain? 

I'll take a guess that all 4 are on my ignore list :thumbup:

9 hours ago, FIF said:

Btw, I didn't vote for anyone yet. and voting for him as captain is just stupid. I think at least 2 of the 4 are trolling.

Capture.PNG.17e86185b2e409a7162100ce56ca760e.PNG

Not sure why people would say Maguire. He comes across as quite quiet which is what Morgan has always been criticised for. He isn’t your traditional grit-your-teeth and stiff upper lip centre back.

Kasper is too hot headed and somewhat unpopular. His form has been poor as well.

No one else is a regular or comes across as a captain at all.

Captain should be the most intelligent player on the pitch and able to read the game and lead. Vardy doesn’t strike me as having the brains!

Makes sense why Silva was a captain at sporting!!

Edited by les-tah

Traditionally Captains come from the defensive positions rather than forwards largely because they have less Ego and a calmer attitude.  That rules out Kasper and Vardy for me. I'd also worry in Vardy's case that the added responsibility would affect his performances negatively. Either trying too hard or rubbing up other's the wrong way.

From whats left, Maguire seems the only other candidate currently in the squad.

The more I think about it the more Vardy makes sense. Puel could funnel his ideas though Vardy who could give them to the team, a young team that looks up to Vardy, many of them wanting to achieve something similar. It's hard to see a dressing room rebellion against Puel with Vardy speaking up for him. And Vardy will certainly not be "distant". Vardy may want to win more trophies and he may want a final good season a big club but a captaincy is a big pull. He obviously doesn't have the experience and he may not make a great captain on games he's isolated up front: but then make Silva deputy captain.

6 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

For sure, he's no Wittgenstein, but he's a highly intelligent footballer. Watch him more carefully when he doesn't have the ball.

Oh yeah I agree he’s a very smart striker. I was more in about the brains for controlling and dictating the play like a centre mid can!! 

However if vardy being captain pulls the teamtogether and ether and makes them play for Puel I’m all for it

Edited by les-tah

6 hours ago, Gerbold said:

"All I know most surely about morality and obligations, I owe to football" - Albert Camus - goalie and philosopher (1913-1960). So he wouldn't have understood modern English professional football, then.

Captain is obvious and God knows why  'tuna' didn't include him in the list he felt it necessary to put Mardy in - it has to be Silva.

One of the few worthwhile things Camus ever said tbh.

He was probably a better footballer than he was a philosopher.

On 17/05/2018 at 09:34, hackneyfox said:

Maguire

And while I'd agree with Morgan in the role of club captain as I don't even want to see him on the bench it wouldn't surprise me if he left.

I would like to see Morgan stay at the club but not as a player maybe a coaching role for the development squad, any thoughts on that 

On 18/05/2018 at 21:50, les-tah said:

Captain should be the most intelligent player on the pitch and able to read the game and lead. Vardy doesn’t strike me as having the brains!

Makes sense why Silva was a captain at sporting!!

At least Vardy plays on a regular basis which is more than Silva does. Anyway, we don't want a captain who's on the bench!!

Would be Silva for me. 

No denying that Vardy is the leader in that team but as soon as a midfielder gets on the ball, his back is turned and he's off running. A captain has to see everything that' going on and the way that Vardy plays means he can't. 

Kasper would maybe feel hard done by, being overlooked but if an incident occurs in the opposition penalty area that requires the captain to have a word in the refs ear, he has to run the length of the pitch. That could look aggressve.

Silva is very vocal on the pitch. He's an organiser and not afraid to get in a referees face but he doesn't seem hot headed either. 

It's not going to change. Morgan is captain, Kasper is vice-captain and when either of them are unavailable it'll be Vardy. I really wish some people could understand that how much a change in captains can rock the boat. 

Has anyone read the interview with Huth? He says what a great captain Morgan is. Of course, Morgan's time at the top is slowly coming to an end but don't expect any wholesale changes on this. 

I would prefer Vardy myself, but that's just an opinion which means next to nothing.