Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Captaincy

Who should be Leicester City captain next season?  

543 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to be captain of Leicester City next season?

• Wes Morgan
    • Jamie Vardy
    • Kasper Schmeichel
    • Harry Maguire
    • Wilfred Ndidi
    • Riyad Mahrez (!)
    • Shinji Okazaki
    • Danny Simpson
    • Marc Albrighton
    • Kelechi Iheanacho
    • Ben Chilwell
    • Someone else

1 hour ago, Kisnorbo fox said:

Iborra seems to give an air of confidence in the midfield when he plays. With his previous experience as sevilla captain, could be a good captain for leicester. Not sure what his English is like though?

Pretty good

• 2 weeks later...

Went Maguire, was going for Vardy but I'm not sure if he's a leader. Kasper of course currently is the vice captain but I'm not fan of goalkeepers being captain. Maguire in his one season here has shown a lot of desire and maturity, someone who looks like the type of person to drive both the ball and the whole team forward.  

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Went Maguire, was going for Vardy but I'm not sure if he's a leader. Kasper of course currently is the vice captain but I'm not fan of goalkeepers being captain. Maguire in his one season here has shown a lot of desire and maturity, someone who looks like the type of person to drive both the ball and the whole team forward.  

Shilts made England captain a higher % of his games than obvious candidates

Seem to remember at club level also.

Never stopped shouting regardless so communication throughout not an issue,

Unique view of the game

On 02/06/2018 at 23:39, Leicesterpool said:

Agree on Kasper. A keeper does the vocal work speaking to the defence constantly. Can’t speak to the referee like an outfield player can though. 

Edited by Leeds Fox

6 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

Agree on Kasper. A keeper does the vocal work speaking to the defence constantly. Can’t speak to the referee like an outfield player can though. 

Kasper is a spoilt brat apparently and causes so many issues if he doesn't get things his own way. 

24 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Kasper is a spoilt brat apparently and causes so many issues if he doesn't get things his own way. 

It doesn't seem apparent to me. Care to elaborate or is this just another way to say you dislike Kasper?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, shen said:

It doesn't seem apparent to me. Care to elaborate or is this just another way to say you dislike Kasper?

Dont dislike him at all lol i like him. But if you know anyone in and around the club they will say the same thing!

Edited by les-tah

33 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Your point is completely irrelevant to what posted. I was referring to GKs as captains in general, I used Kasper as an example because he’s our keeper. 

19 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

Kasper loses his temper very quickly, ideally a captain should be lifting there team not shouting abuse at them.

29 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Kasper loses his temper very quickly, ideally a captain should be lifting there team not shouting abuse at them.

Did you read what I was replying to, because it wasn’t that I was agreeing that Kasper should become the new captain. 

21 hours ago, les-tah said:

Dont dislike him at all lol i like him. But if you know anyone in and around the club they will say the same thing!

I don't, but I'm taking it you do? It seems like a hollow phrase to me. 

I’ve never liked Strikers or goalkeepers being captains. Defenders lead from the back and midfielders are (literally) in the middle of everything, so taking all that into consideration I’d go with either Maguire or Iborra whose English is way better now than it was when he joined us (obviously).