Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Captaincy

Who should be Leicester City captain next season?  

543 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to be captain of Leicester City next season?

• Wes Morgan
    • Jamie Vardy
    • Kasper Schmeichel
    • Harry Maguire
    • Wilfred Ndidi
    • Riyad Mahrez (!)
    • Shinji Okazaki
    • Danny Simpson
    • Marc Albrighton
    • Kelechi Iheanacho
    • Ben Chilwell
    • Someone else

For me the captain has to be the presentable face and one that can take the diplomatic baton, so he has to be well spoken, intelligent and charismatic, mainly for off field and changing room duties.

I really don't think it matters a great deal who is the de jure leader on the pitch.

Vardy obviously leads from the front, directing players around him and so do the seniors all the way through the team and that is not changing whoever wears the symbolic armband.

Edited by shen

6 hours ago, shen said:

For me the captain has to be the presentable face and one that can take the diplomatic baton, so he has to be well spoken, intelligent and charismatic, mainly for off field and changing room duties.

I really don't think it matters a great deal who is the de jure leader on the pitch.

Vardy obviously leads from the front, directing players around him and so do the seniors all the way through the team and that is not changing whoever wears the symbolic armband.

Highlighted without comment.

22 minutes ago, shen said:

I don't understand. I'm not insinuating Vardy should be captain or that he's diplomatic.

Sorry mate I've had a long day. I skim read the word diplomatic baton and Vardy and for some reason starting thinking about his electronic police ankle tag!

• Like 1

On 09/06/2018 at 12:13, psychonaut said:

Morgan retains captaincy 

albeit club captaincy, i do agree with fans who think this sounds out the wrong message to the squad. First some one who hasnt to me, looked like a captain through out his tenure, and then saying he basically is the real captain and the matchday captain is there just for the day. from the first 11 whoever is picked. Doesnt make sense. I think there are possibly far better ways to keep wes involved if hi wishes to wind down his contract. I wonder how hapoy wes would have been had this been the case over the last few seasons

12 hours ago, ktfox59 said:

albeit club captaincy, i do agree with fans who think this sounds out the wrong message to the squad. First some one who hasnt to me, looked like a captain through out his tenure, and then saying he basically is the real captain and the matchday captain is there just for the day. from the first 11 whoever is picked. Doesnt make sense. I think there are possibly far better ways to keep wes involved if hi wishes to wind down his contract. I wonder how hapoy wes would have been had this been the case over the last few seasons

I guess he becomes a semi-Birch type figure this way, eases him out with respect for what he's done for us.

Edited by HighPeakFox
clumsiness

Firm believer that captains shouldn't be goalkeepers or strikers, they should be commanding, have the respect of the players and be a natural born leader. I think we have a number of leaders in our team but I'm thinking the best candidate is Maguire.

On 09/06/2018 at 06:02, Swan Lesta said:

Morgan to remain as captain despite having less game time according to the Merc.

On 09/06/2018 at 12:13, psychonaut said:

Morgan retains captaincy 

On 10/06/2018 at 09:50, Larry_LCFC said:

Silly decision. The bloke should barely be playing next season nevermind retaining captaincy.

On 10/06/2018 at 11:32, norwichfox said:

Can't understand this decision, it's not forward thinking by any stretch of the imagination....who made it? manager or DoF?

Didn't they say "club captain", which is a totally different thing?

Edited by Babylon

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Didn't they say "club captain", which is a totally different thing?

I must learn to read everything fully

I must learn to read everything