Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Championship 2018-2019

Reckon Rowatt should've stuck with Derby, and gradually build a side good enough to compete for promotion.

Stoke may been a better kettle of fish with regards to player personnel, but felt he hasn't earnt it really considering his CV.

On 15/09/2018 at 18:31, Nalis said:

The Championship continues its unpredictability and is so condensed after today's results. Great for the neutral, horrible and frustrating if you are in it as we know.

Agree.

Can see this season being one of the tightest for years in this league, at both ends.

Have a feeling Leeds will dwindle again somehow and Forest will remain moreorless where they are now imo, even with the amount they've spent in the Summer imo.

What Bielsa is doing with a Leeds side that are arguably less strong than they were a couple of seasons ago is just so much more impressive than what NES did with Wolves. 

He's giving younger players a chance and also relying on his DOF to find good championship players that he then works his magic on, rather than saying 'we need to buy expensive players from abroad'

Excellent so far.

12 minutes ago, AjcW said:

What Bielsa is doing with a Leeds side that are arguably less strong than they were a couple of seasons ago is just so much more impressive than what NES did with Wolves. 

He's giving younger players a chance and also relying on his DOF to find good championship players that he then works his magic on, rather than saying 'we need to buy expensive players from abroad'

Excellent so far.

I don't think many people would argue against Bielsa being a better manager than Nuno tbf. 

Nuno is still very much learning the trade. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I don't think many people would argue against Bielsa being a better manager than Nuno tbf. 

Nuno is still very much learning the trade. 

Very true, just know he got a hell of a lot of praise for essentially taking a mid table prem squad up with ease lol 

I'm happy for people to keep underestimating Nuno. It's never as simple as - spend money, buy players, sleepwalk to promotion. Especially in that division. He is the main reason we got promoted, not because of the players we got. He's a class act on and off the pitch. He's given us a style and identity we haven't had for a long, long time. I've said it before but I genuinely wouldn't swap him with any other Prem manager bar Pep and Klopp. 

Edited by The Bear