Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Championship 2018-2019

Results haven't been great but the table is so, so tight and he knows the division, had to put up with having his hands tied until the last few weeks of the summer window and has put together a very tidy squad for that level.

A great job for whoever gets it because they aren't anywhere near a crisis and have a ridiculous amount of quality for that level.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Feel for Steve Bruce, didn't deserve the sack at all and Villa weren't doing badly by any stretch of the imagination. Weird decision and I imagine they'll regret it.

Villa were playing defensive football with attacking players, to be honest it doesn't look good conceding three goals to the bottom club and throwing away two opportunities to win the game. Bruce did good job in stabilising the club after really rough spell and making them promotion chasing force, but when came to the big moment they'd bottle it like in the play off final.I think now it's between Dean Smith or John Terry getting the job.

Edited by Leicesterpool

1 hour ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Feel for Steve Bruce, didn't deserve the sack at all and Villa weren't doing badly by any stretch of the imagination. Weird decision and I imagine they'll regret it.

Bruce is a decent manager with a good track record in the championship . I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised to see him back in the Prem with someone before Villa manage it 

I like Bruce. Backed him to take Villa up. His record in the Championship is good.

He'll get another job I'm sure. 

Tough year for him though after his parents.

My mate who supports Villa will be delighted with the news that Bruce has been sacked.

The gist of his complaints seemed to be:

- over-large squad, including players on high wages who never even play;

- underachieving as they already have ample individual quality, but unbalanced squad & not playing as a team;

- lack of consistency and character in the team over a long period of time;

- too much play going through Grealish (he'd like them to sell Grealish & build a more balanced team);

15 hours ago, Nalis said:

Forest went from 5th to 11th just by conceding that late goal in the 'as it stands' league table,  just shows how tight the championship is.

I was surprised when I looked and saw them in a playoff spot. Happier how it finished though.

Wednesday blew a 2 goal lead too, which knocked them back down with Forest.

Sheff U off to a great start, like they did last season. 

Edited by spacemunky

Yeah every time I check the table I'm thinking what the **** when you've got a Forest, Norwich or Sheffield Wednesday in there. All teams I thought had started badly.

I wonder if Birmingham are actually going to have an OK season. Their record so far is 1-8-2, after a hard start and they've been frequently quite unlucky apparently.

The door is well open for promotion this year. If Villa or Stoke got their act together they could do it. Massive ifs though, especially Stoke.

Villa mate at work reckons that Bruce was lining up a defence with just the one player in their actual position.