Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Leeds don’t look to great tbf, they ain’t walking the leagu. I’ll be surprised if there in the top 2 come may 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

I actually wouldn't rule out Hull or Reading either as outsiders.

 

I would, they're both crap.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/10/2018 at 20:12, ealingfox said:

Oh god please give it to Terry that'd be bloody hilarious. 

This could be happening :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/10/2018 at 13:13, lestajigs said:

Leeds don’t look to great tbf, they ain’t walking the leagu. I’ll be surprised if there in the top 2 come may 

Leeds have become renowned for starting well and falling away. As are Bielsa's teams, due to the sheer intensity they train and play at.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dean Smith set to join Villa. Good appointment for them and good move for him - much bigger club with bigger resources. 

 

Wanted Brentford to come up though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Dean Smith set to join Villa. Good appointment for them and good move for him - much bigger club with bigger resources. 

 

Wanted Brentford to come up though. 

 

He has joined hasn't he? Done and dusted with Terry as assistant.

 

Agree it's a good appointment from just about the only club in the league I think could've convinced him to leave Brentford at this precise moment. Maybe WBA if they were looking.

 

I maintain that I don't think Villa need all that big a rocket up their arses, they'll soon be top six. Far from a crisis there and real quality in the squad.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Dean Smith set to join Villa. Good appointment for them and good move for him - much bigger club with bigger resources. 

 

Wanted Brentford to come up though. 

 

I don't think it will work out. The key to understanding Brentford is to understand he was just a cog in a big machine rather than say Pearson with us who played a big role in evolving the club and of what we were doing at that level. He's also, even back in his Walsall days been a manager of runs, have a great, have a poor run, have a great run and that's fine at Brentford but a bad run at Villa and it's hard to get them off your back. There's no doubt Brentford made him better and he made Brentford better, it was a great set up for him and the club. But I think Brentford will find it far easier as a club to replace him than he will to replicate his his success at Brentford at Villa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brentford will already have someone lined up. They always have a player for every position and a new manager lined up


Early signs pointing to the Assistant Manager who has experience as a manager.


I'd love to see Cowley go there though, he'd be perfect for them and their set up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Brentford will already have someone lined up. They always have a player for every position and a new manager lined up


Early signs pointing to the Assistant Manager who has experience as a manager.


I'd love to see Cowley go there though, he'd be perfect for them and their set up.

Long ball, using Matt Rhead as a lump up front Danny Cowley at pass-and-move with technical footballers Brentford? Can't see it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Long ball, using Matt Rhead as a lump up front Danny Cowley at pass-and-move with technical footballers Brentford? Can't see it

Strikes me as a 'play to the teams strengths' manager. Don't think he's a long term long ball merchant personally. 

 

But completely understand your point of view there... interesting decision for Brentford, I see the Luton boss is shortening rapidly with bookies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Strikes me as a 'play to the teams strengths' manager. Don't think he's a long term long ball merchant personally. 

 

But completely understand your point of view there... interesting decision for Brentford, I see the Luton boss is shortening rapidly with bookies. 

You might be right, but I get the impression they're all about horses for courses and will look closely to see if the manager's style is suitable for the team on the books.

 

I wouldn't be surprised to see any successful lower league manager that plays attacking on-the-floor football given a go by Brentford. Good on them, they're a team that are hard to dislike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

You might be right, but I get the impression they're all about horses for courses and will look closely to see if the manager's style is suitable for the team on the books.

 

I wouldn't be surprised to see any successful lower league manager that plays attacking on-the-floor football given a go by Brentford. Good on them, they're a team that are hard to dislike.

Yeah i'm a big fan of them and the way they are run.

 

Nathan Jones ticks a lot of the boxes Brentford look for, previous experience as a youth coach, previous experience as an assistant and coach in the Premier League.

Also fluent in Spanish so Sergi Canos will like him lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×