Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Championship 2018-2019

Not intended to be an anti Forest/Villa post but anyone else find it a bit cringe/straw clutching when the media boasted about the game being a 10 goal thriller between 'two former European champions' given it was 35 years ago since either of them won it?

Bit like trying to boast the profile of a Preston v Ipswich game as two former league champions going head to head. 

Anyone got any suggestions of Leicester pubs (near ground or city centre) likely to be showing the Boro v. Villa match at 5.30 today?

Man Utd match is on at the same time, so I presume most places will be showing that.

Got my Villa-supporting mate coming to LCFC this afternoon, and hoping to see Villa afterwards.

56 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Anyone got any suggestions of Leicester pubs (near ground or city centre) likely to be showing the Boro v. Villa match at 5.30 today?

Man Utd match is on at the same time, so I presume most places will be showing that.

Got my Villa-supporting mate coming to LCFC this afternoon, and hoping to see Villa afterwards.

Oneils or Locker Room have plenty of screens so may have both.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

I know the matches are finished but perhaps for future reference - Counting House usually have both 5.30pm games on which is handy.

• Thanks 1

On 30/11/2018 at 10:03, Nalis said:

Not intended to be an anti Forest/Villa post but anyone else find it a bit cringe/straw clutching when the media boasted about the game being a 10 goal thriller between 'two former European champions' given it was 35 years ago since either of them won it?

Bit like trying to boast the profile of a Preston v Ipswich game as two former league champions going head to head. 

It's ancient history yes but it's still huge thing, we'll probably still bragging about our premier league win in 2016! in probably twenty years time. Forest/Villa probably have the right to brag, being that only a handful English clubs have won it. Just imagine some of the so called big clubs have yet to have won it! Arsenal, Tottenham, Man City, you could even say Newcastle back then they were strong force once, Leeds during the Revie years didn't win it. 

I can't work out if it's stupid for defenders to try and head in that situation or that it's just a lot easier with the benefit of hindsight. You see loads like that from Hegazi where the defender goes for the block with his head, and deflects it in, where it would've been a comfortable save for the keeper. Granted, that was a bit more difficult for Hegazi as it got a little nick before it hit him.