Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Championship 2018-2019

Guest FriendlyRam
12 minutes ago, Tinman said:

Fat Frank Lampard.

I don't mind that, esp with Gerrard getting the Rangers job, they've got to be given a chance to see if they're up to it. 

I'd prefer Warburton or as been said on here Dean Smith, if Dean Smith could bring the system they have at Brentford Id be quite happy. 

21 minutes ago, FriendlyRam said:

I don't mind that, esp with Gerrard getting the Rangers job, they've got to be given a chance to see if they're up to it. 

I'd prefer Warburton or as been said on here Dean Smith, if Dean Smith could bring the system they have at Brentford Id be quite happy. 

First choice would the bread man for me.

Should have stuck with Pearson. Too many times your players have failed, given time he would have cleared a majority of them out and brought in younger hungrier players. Instead you’re now left with an ageing squad who have got no resale value and even if you did get promoted you would have had to get half a new team in to replace the likes of Huddelstone, Keogh, B. Johnson. 

It’s no surprise that your best player who is at a decent age, who you will get decent money for was a Nigel Pearson signing. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Should have stuck with Pearson. Too many times your players have failed, given time he would have cleared a majority of them out and brought in younger hungrier players. Instead you’re now left with an ageing squad who have got no resale value and even if you did get promoted you would have had to get half a new team in to replace the likes of Huddelstone, Keogh, B. Johnson. 

It’s no surprise that your best player who is at a decent age, who you will get decent money for was a Nigel Pearson signing. 

Whatever faults Nigel Pearson has he certainly knows how to prep a team to get out of the Championship.

He just won't take any shit while he is doing it .

Guest FriendlyRam
21 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

I've been saying that to our lot since his sacking but they just bite back with "he had us struggling", that's what happens when you get a new manager, they need time to get their stuff in place and it was always going to take time, he reminded me of Nigel Clough in a way. If we'd have had the American owners under Pearson he'd still be here and we'd be much better off imo, sadly we've got an owner who likes to poke his nose in and a bloke like Pearson was never going to stand for that. I'm not completely ungrateful in regards to Morris, the bloke does mean well, he's spent a fortune of his own money trying to get us into the prem, in some ways I feel sorry for him, but he's brought a lot of this on himself as well.

Guest FriendlyRam
1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

Think you'd be better off with Dean Smith done a good job with Brentford on quite a small budget.

I'm coming round to the idea of having Smith, I'd actually love the system they have in place down there. Its just will Mel leave him to it? very doubtful sadly.

This club needs next season to wind down the contracts of the big earners, a lot of those are into their final year as well, if we could just sit nicely in mid table next season and then let the egos go free next summer we'd be in such a better place financially.  

21 hours ago, FriendlyRam said:

I'm coming round to the idea of having Smith, I'd actually love the system they have in place down there. Its just will Mel leave him to it? very doubtful sadly.

This club needs next season to wind down the contracts of the big earners, a lot of those are into their final year as well, if we could just sit nicely in mid table next season and then let the egos go free next summer we'd be in such a better place financially.  

or go and nick Gary Monk from Birmingham. I don't think this fan would be happy if that happened... https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/local-news/gary-monk-tattoo-football-fans-14697816

Edited by Leicesterpool

9 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Love Lampard. Hope he does well

Me too.

Seems like a really decent bloke who talks a lot of sense. No idea if he’ll be a success or not but I wish him well (even at Derby :ph34r:)

Hard not to like Lampard and he looks like he has the makings of a good manager but you never know how he will do. He will certainly have great links to some talented youngsters at Chelsea and Man Utd you'd imagine.

Derby have tried all types of managers so why not go into the unknown and give someone like Lampard. Like Gerrard, its good to see them willing to put reputations on the line a little bit, easy for them to sit on the coaching staff at Chelsea and Liverpool for a few years.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Worthington said:

It's another 'toss-up' gamble. Managers have to start somewhere, it's just that 'high profile' jobs usually aren't the ideal place to learn...

I like Lampard, seems intelligent and will have 'Uncle H' for advice. I really hope he does well.

It's just that, as a Leicester fan who endured, and was scarred by, 'the McLintock experiment'................I'm forever pessimistic about fresh managers !

You're being very gracious to our friends from Derby calling them 'high profile'.