Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Championship 2018-2019

18 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Was fortunate enough to interview Frank Lampard today.

Very charismatic and likeable bloke and was impressive in his media duties. 

In case anyone is bothered, here's what he told me.

Nice interview mate - a pair of good looking fellas there :D

What's your instinct on how you think he'll do at Derby?

I guess it's a risk/gamble to appoint someone so young with no managerial experience but he seems intelligent and I'm sure the players will respect him.

Do you think he'll be a success there or out on his arse before long?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Nice interview mate - a pair of good looking fellas there :D

What's your instinct on how you think he'll do at Derby?

I guess it's a risk/gamble to appoint someone so young with no managerial experience but he seems intelligent and I'm sure the players will respect him.

Do you think he'll be a success there or out on his arse before long?

They've tried more experienced managers so you can't blame them for looking at a different option. Lots of positivity around Derby about it.

• Like 1

They have the football know-how from their playing careers, but have a feeling Lampard and Steven Gerrard will leave their respective roles not too long into thrur contracts.

Their lack of managerial experience, and possible arrogance in thinking they can cut it at decent-sized clubs/history etc - could haunt them imo.

Guest FriendlyRam

Sod it why not 

I think after the dire football under Rowett, and the way he left us its quite refreshing to have such a good feeling around the club 

It reminds me of a little bit like Roy Keane at Sunderland, big media thing and hopefully we get the same result 

Roy Keane I think did a great job at Sunderland, took them and kept them up, but I think he had his fill with that job, didn't seem as interested in it once he left them.

I know everybody says Leeds are a great club with a wonderful history, but so were Sunderland, Preston North End and Nottingham Forest.

The good times are over.

They are not doing themselves any favours to get those times back.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

I know everybody says Leeds are a great club with a wonderful history, but so were Sunderland, Preston North End and Nottingham Forest.

The good times are over.

They could appoint Zidane for all we know... After all, they're massive!

I read a piece today that says scientists have predicted by the year 2030 everyone will always be within 200 yards of an ex Leeds Utd Manager. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Vacamion said:

The good times are over.

I read on the BBC Football story comments section on views on this, and someone said that experts predict by 2022 that you'll be no more than 4ft away from an ex-Leeds manager.

At this rate, that may well be true..lol

Edited by Wymeswold fox

On 01/06/2018 at 19:33, Samilktray said:

How have Leeds managed to seemingly get Bielsa in lol mad 

Tbf Bielsa averages about 58 minutes in a job and Leeds average about 13 minutes per manager so it's not exactly going to last long is it. 

• Like 1

On ‎05‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 20:45, ealingfox said:

lol

It's not all bad, the Villa fans will have a lot less travelling to do when the reformed AFC Villa start again in the Midland League; derbies against Coleshill Town, Highgate United and Rugby Town!

Aston Villa have had their odds slashed on being relegated from the Championship.

They’ve been cut from 25/1 yesterday morning, into just 8/1 as of today, following an overwhelming amount of bets on their demise.

In total, no less than 97% of bets in the last 24 hours have been placed on the Dr Tony Xia-owned club slipping into League One.

Newly promoted Rotherham are favourites to slip out of the league at even money, followed by Bolton (6/4), Ipswich (11/4), Hull (4/1) and QPR (4/1).