Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Championship 2018-2019

19 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

No one cares about Forest, this is the real news

Has signed a two-year deal.

Shocked, as they've really seemed a poisoned chalice club in recent reasons.

The new Leeds manager 'watched all of their 51 games last season'.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44603058

From reading this, he's probably got a good transfer plan or two in place.

But, he'll need to make the team consistently effective; as, knowing Leeds, they'll chop and replace him if he loses a couple on the trot etc.

Not really an easy start to the season, with Stoke at home and then Derby away.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Forest seem to be getting excited (and given the past few years I suppose you've got to get yourself worked up about *something*) but I swear when Wolves were buying Portuguese players they were buying folk you thought were obscene for that division. We all knew Neves was gonna be the bollocks, for example. Jota had done well in Portugal too.

The lads they've bought in could be exceptional but they haven't really made a statement signing yet, not for me anyway.

20 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Forest seem to be getting excited (and given the past few years I suppose you've got to get yourself worked up about *something*) but I swear when Wolves were buying Portuguese players they were buying folk you thought were obscene for that division. We all knew Neves was gonna be the bollocks, for example. Jota had done well in Portugal too.

The lads they've bought in could be exceptional but they haven't really made a statement signing yet, not for me anyway.

When Neves arrived at Wolves, I think it made you go ‘ahh yeah he’s supposed to me good’ 

Forest are signing them and I’m thinking ‘who the f**k is he?’

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/birmingham-city-transfer-embargo-pedersen-14884830.amp

Transfer embargo for Birmingham lol They've recently signed a Danish full back who the EFL won't even allow them to register now. 

People don't realise their net spend was bigger than ours last season and now they've likely failed FFP. All thanks to that utter **** Redknapp!

Edited by The Bear

Let's be honest, as soon as we saw Redknapp come in and they started to spend the money they did, 99% of football fans could see what was going to happen. Deluded "love is blind" fandom was likely the only thing that stopped Birmingham fans realising the same.

It's like Bielsa. We know he won't be manager this time next year, but Leeds fans will be imagining the UCL trophy parade in 2021 as a crowd surfing Bielsa carries the trophy in joy.

21 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

Let's be honest, as soon as we saw Redknapp come in and they started to spend the money they did, 99% of football fans could see what was going to happen. Deluded "love is blind" fandom was likely the only thing that stopped Birmingham fans realising the same.

It's like Bielsa. We know he won't be manager this time next year, but Leeds fans will be imagining the UCL trophy parade in 2021 as a crowd surfing Bielsa carries the trophy in joy.

At least the Leeds situation is a bit crazy, a laugh, some fun whatever happens.

But Redknapp has been spent for so long and continually leaves clubs in absolute messes, like you said there was just absolutely nothing surprising about it.

Villa get heavy investment from an Egyptian.

Said Egyptian is on the board at Adidas. Birmingham, Wolves and West Brom are all sponsored by Adidas so whenever fans buy shirts of those clubs or products that are sponsored by Adidas, they literally help line the pockets of Villa's new owner lol