Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Ricardo Pereira Signs For Leicester

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Kieran Tierney for the other full back slot then. Cheers 

If only! 

We were interested a couple of summers ago. I think he has his sights set a bit higher than us now though! Could easily play at a top club in any league. Wouldn't be surprised if Man Utd went for him. 

39 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Of course puel’s staying ............. until we find a better option ........ signing a player we desperately need changes nothing 

Well it does change something because we've improved in a position that pretty much everyone wanted to improve on and without Puel there's not a chance he'd have come here... 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Thinks it’s his decision to put it on social media tbh. Hope he’s ok

Yeah i get that, obviously wasn't engaging (what was left) of his brain. Just find the fake outrage from a load of footballing supporting blokes who have probably all been in worse states on holiday a bit galling.

Edited by The whole world smiles
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Yeah i get that, obviously wasn't engaging (what was left) of his brain. Just find the fake outrage from a load of footballing supporting blokes who have probably all been in worse states on holiday a bit galling.

We're not professional footballers though lol

Footballers' careers literally depend on not being caught taking drugs - they cannot do anything for their career if they get banned. He's quite clearly on something so if he does get caught he can only have himself to blame. 

If anyone (the club or any other organisation) offer their support I hope he is humble enough to accept it. 

Agree we've probably all been in worse states but can get away with it cos employers aren't as strict as football clubs. Plus could probably get another job if anything did happen to our jobs if we got caught. A footballer can't just find another club that easily. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Well it does change something because we've improved in a position that pretty much everyone wanted to improve on and without Puel there's not a chance he'd have come here... 

but he is here now

the owners won’t decide not to dispose of puel because we signed pereira and the player is a professional who will get on with his job. Any incoming manager will be bound to pick him and play to his strengths 

17 minutes ago, StanSP said:

If only! 

We were interested a couple of summers ago. I think he has his sights set a bit higher than us now though! Could easily play at a top club in any league. Wouldn't be surprised if Man Utd went for him. 

If he’s well advised he’d join a club like ours this summer and play 2/3 seasons before moving up again. I think he will need that ‘bedding in’ in a top league 

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

If he’s well advised he’d join a club like ours this summer and play 2/3 seasons before moving up again. I think he will need that ‘bedding in’ in a top league 

I don't think he will. I think he's good enough to go straight in to a bigger team. Even if he wasn't gonna come to stepping stone club, he's better off at Celtic. 

Really excited by this transfer. Can't remember ever seeing so much shock from other fans that a player has joined us. Worried about Simpson. If this is how he takes a new RB signing how will he take retirement?  No question he's taken something on that video. 

• Like 1

Just now, desertfox2 said:

Really excited by this transfer. Can't remember ever seeing so much shock from other fans that a player has joined us. Worried about Simpson. If this is how he takes a new RB signing how will he take retirement?  No question he's taken something on that video. 

Cambiasso probably. 

2 hours ago, Foxxed said:

I feel sorry for Simpson. It was clear with all his off the pitch troubles the game was a lifeline into normality. And he rarely put a foot wrong in our title winning season. He was integral to the team spirit. The man beemed happiness and joy in our goal celebrations. And he did legitimately try to adapt to Puel's style too. I think we've stepped up with Pereira but I don't fancy joining in any schadenfreude. He's our title winning right back.

I agree with this but Simpson need to realise he's had it "easy." for 2 and a half  years with zero competition for his position. 

He also need to realise he is pushing 32 and isn't getting younger.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Thanks Puel. Now please f*** off lol

This is proof that Puel ud a great manager. Ricardo Pereira played under him at Nice, and could've went to any other club, but decided to reconnect with Puel. What does that say to you?

Give him a chance, he's finally getting the players he wants. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Redouane said:

This is proof that Puel ud a great manager. Ricardo Pereira played under him at Nice, and could've went to any other club, but decided to reconnect with Puel. What does that say to you?

Give him a chance, he's finally getting the players he wants. 

I was joking with my comment. Sorry, bit of a stupid joke as it assumes all readers have clocked my pro Puel stance already

Completely agree with you.  This signing shows Puel has clout amongst some people at least, and that good players have a postive feeling about him as a coach

I'm glad the owners are backing him and are not knee jerk reacting to a bad run of games.  Would have been disapponted to see him miss a chance and getting players in and having a proper go of it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ian_marshall said:

Shocking, genuinely saddened to see that. I really hope the club do everything that they can to support him. I think his time is coming to an end with us in terms of playing time but I'd be devastated on a human level to see him go off the rails. 

Off the rails? He’s just taken a pill or something, he’ll have felt a bit poorly the next day but I don’t think he’ll be in need of support, a ban and a fine maybe lol he’s not Paul Gascoigne quite yet.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Oh, I can think of probably 50 thousand reasons.....

If you imagine that the player has left the Portugal Primera for the English Premiership and his main incentive isn’t money, I think youre naive.

But you understand his point in regards to those who use any, tiny excuse to get a dig in at Puel based on nothing more than rumour? X

36 minutes ago, StanSP said:

We're not professional footballers though lol

Footballers' careers literally depend on not being caught taking drugs - they cannot do anything for their career if they get banned. He's quite clearly on something so if he does get caught he can only have himself to blame. 

If anyone (the club or any other organisation) offer their support I hope he is humble enough to accept it. 

I wouldn't say he's 'clearly' on something, that's just speculation.

Why would he risk a ban? He's on a good wage here and then still has a few years left in him at a lower level.

I'd be surprised if he took drugs and then went straight onto social media. I know he's not the sharpest tool in the box but maybe he's just pissed?

3 minutes ago, GeorgeTheFox said:

Always been fine with Simpson... Defensively was a rock during the title season but it is time we upgraded. However, if he can be that chonged out on class A drugs and still ramble on about Leicester City then that shows a level of passion we need in the club :D

I have ran out of likes, but if i could i would give this 2. One for appreciation of Simmo's dedication to LCFC, amd another for use of the word "chonged"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, GeorgeTheFox said:

Always been fine with Simpson... Defensively was a rock during the title season but it is time we upgraded. However, if he can be that chonged out on class A drugs and still ramble on about Leicester City then that shows a level of passion we need in the club :D

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.bfd714e49c86d746d35ff23b11be625b.jpg

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/120763/Show/Ricardo-Pereira

2 goals and 6 assists last season. Assume he'll get 1 goal and 4 assists.

Ryiad was on 13 goals and 10 assists. 12 goals and 6 assists to make up somehow.

That's 2 goals and 4 assists more than Simpson had in his entire 4 year LCFC career.

....Riyad hasn't left yet... :(

5 minutes ago, brucey said:

That's 2 goals and 4 assists more than Simpson had in his entire 4 year LCFC career.

....Riyad hasn't left yet... :(

He's asked to leave so many times now. It'll be ridiculous if he stays. I'm not sure how good it is for the team spirit: to have someone constantly on the lookout for pastures new. Although thirteen goals and ten assists are hard to come by.

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 1