Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Ricardo Pereira Signs For Leicester

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Pereira was the priority deal to get done. I know we made enquiries for him in January but Porto asked too much. 

We have a lot to thank FFP for - well documented that Porto could fall foul of it so needed the money, hence getting Pereira cheaper than in another scenario and cheaper than what we would have paid in January. 

I'd expect more business after the World Cup. Puel wanted this deal done early for various reasons but the main one being was that so no-one else would come in for him cos he could have a great World Cup and other clubs could pick up interest again.

On other targets, we've scouted Roberts for ages. As for an actual move, not sure. I'm told Puel also likes Foden from Man City as well but Man City won't sell. It'll be a loan deal if anything - not saying even that is likely though cos that depends on player wanting to move as well as club wanting to let him go. We've spoken to Yaya Toure as well but at the moment he's keeping his options open, which again is understandable given there'll be lots of interest in him no doubt.

Not a player recruitment, but apparently Wenger (who's close to Puel from playing days etc) has been offered the Director of Football role at the club - but he's considering all options at the moment.

This signing has been much-needed for a while tbh.

Great to hear we‘ve seemed to have learned from previous transfer window mishaps, got this one done early enough and strengthened a position in dire need of competition for Simpson.

Surprisingly low transfer fee, as well - given the buy-out clause circulating in the media earlier this month.

Bemvindo a Leicester, Ricardo!

2 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Not a player recruitment, but apparently Wenger (who's close to Puel from playing days etc) has been offered the Director of Football role at the club - but he's considering all options at the moment.

Allegedly been offered a similar position at PSG, must be a real coin toss decision for him 

• Haha 4

54 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He just looks like he's the business, look how he's wearing that scarf. Oozes class

No one enters Top's dungeon unless they've been briefed. Surprised the owners didn't let us see a little glimpse of a few of the corpses in the background. Thought I saw Alan Maybury dangling from the ceiling, might have been my imagination..... 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

If the first paragraph is even half true I'm stunned about the direction our club is going.

Just over 4 years ago I was marvelling at Lloyd dyer still running around the outside of some championship defender.

Not sure if this article has been posted before about his time at Nice.

My favourite extract....

"On Pereira’s arrival in Nice, manager Claude Puel stated “I like athletes with good technical ability, who could bring a lot to the game Ricardo has that characteristic.” This proved to be true during Nice’s second league game of the season against Bastia during which Pereira provided two assists. The first was a simple pass into midfield which allowed Nampalys Mendy to unleash a rocket into the top corner. The second assist showcased all of Pereira’s best qualities. After dribbling down the left wing he played a brilliant 30 yard pass into the feet of Said Benrahma who finished with glee."

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2017/ricardo-pereira-why-his-presence-in-ligue-1-has-been-an-honour-and-a-privilege/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bryn said:

Did he play against us for Porto?

Either way if he did that's the only time I've seen him play but what I've read is immensely promising. Getting him and a centre-back in early would be delightful.

Nope, he was still at OGC Nice back then.

We're all over the Portuguese league aren't we? Slimani didn't fulfill his promise but Silva looks increasingly solid and hopefully Pereira will excel.

Puel's strong on promoting our youth and is a big reason why we've signed a very promising player in one of our weaker positions. It's not looking too bad for him atm.

46 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Can anyone remember the last time we signed a full back far more talented than those who came before, who signed for us after talking to our manager who we then sacked?

giphy.gif

Pereira knows Puel well already though. Fuchs had probably never heard of Leicester lol

• Haha 1

Maybe Puel has the right thinking sort your defence first and the rest will fall in place whereas in last two seasons the whole team has had to muck in to cover for the weakness we have there, but hopefully with a quality back four, those in front can be more forward thinking :) 

Already filled the most needed gap in the team with a very exciting player. Seems to be very screwed on and has made a comfortable move to a bigger league with a manager he knows will play him.

Very happy that this looks like Puel will stay. If we had him at the start of this season (and didn't lose all our midfield at the end) it could well have been Leicester finishing 7th.

Also speaks English!!

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

But players don’t like Puel, he bores them in training. There’s no way one of his previous players would go near him? 

:whistle:

Oh, I can think of probably 50 thousand reasons.....

If you imagine that the player has left the Portugal Primera for the English Premiership and his main incentive isn’t money, I think youre naive.

Edited by Col city fan