Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Non League Football 2018 - 19

Sadly Shepshed and Leicester Nirvana knocked out in the last 32 of the FA Vase. 

Shepshed missed a penalty at favourites Hebburn whilst 1-0 up and then couldn’t equalise when playing 10 men. 

Nirvana took an early lead on Coventry United and equalised late when 2-2. However a late last minute winner for Cov put them through.

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/01/2019 at 09:11, Cardiff_Fox said:

Sadly Shepshed and Leicester Nirvana knocked out in the last 32 of the FA Vase. 

Shepshed missed a penalty at favourites Hebburn whilst 1-0 up and then couldn’t equalise when playing 10 men. 

Nirvana took an early lead on Coventry United and equalised late when 2-2. However a late last minute winner for Cov put them through.

Nirvana back in after Coventry United played a suspended player - away at Canterbury City on 2nd February. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Solihull Moors went top of the National League last night. 

Last season they required a great escape to avoid relegation. They are mostly part-time. Players generally signed from the lower levels of non-league. 

It's an incredible effort. 

Not sure their ground will meet football league requirements.  I went a couple of seasons ago and it's a dive. Facilities are awful.

53 minutes ago, isaidno said:

Not sure their ground will meet football league requirements.  I went a couple of seasons ago and it's a dive. Facilities are awful.

They’ve added a lot of seats on it to meet the regs. No idea if the rest meets regs. 

It’s not dissimilar to AFC Wimbledon’s ground 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

On 13/02/2019 at 16:22, isaidno said:

Yeah I went there earlier on in the season when they played Hartlepool. The ground is more Southern League type status, it's also quite difficult venue to get to, it's good a 3 and bit miles from Solihull itself... based right next door to both Land Rover and Birmingham Airport. 

Interesting development at my local Nuneaton Borough, as back in October is being reported the club were on the verge of going under... they were saved at last minute by former player and businessman Nick Hawkins he then said the club were £70k in debt but was confident that could be paid off in time. Attendances have improved despite there league position I mean before he came in the regular attendance was around 400, now it's gone to around 700. In fact one game they played against Curzon Ashton at home only charged fans £5 entry and got over 1,000. You could say look at that the club is going the right direction, but sadly not... it appears since his arrival is only managed to secure one local sponsor and found no one interested in investing into us... then another issue came up, players were unable to be by January instead Hawkins said he needed to pay an important payment HMRC which needed prioritising. The players were upset and were quite vocal on social media, players were later paid. The chairman this week announced he was stepping down with manager Jim Ginnelly taking over as interim chairman. As I say it's rollercoaster at the moment, one minute the Boro look safe the next they could face going out of business. At least with the attendances is still shows the people of Nuneaton are started interested just been let down by local sponsors. Apparently there's talk now about two new investors but i'm not raising my hopes too much about that, also it's turns out the club are now £140k in debt!  

Edited by Leicesterpool

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Tim Flowers is going a great job.

Solihull Moors are currently 4-0 to the good against Maidstone.

They've got a very good squad.

Carter, Storer and Osborne are as good as any midfield in the conference.

Lots of experience throughout the squad.