Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

2018/19 U23s, Development, U19s etc

10 minutes ago, davieG said:

It's not about having patience it's observing what you see and expressing concern about the way things seem to be going for the players sake not mine.

I used the word patience. It's one game. Let's have a few more under the belt before establishing that the youth strategy is a disaster in the making (in general).

1 minute ago, sphericalfox said:

I used the word patience. It's one game. Let's have a few more under the belt before establishing that the youth strategy is a disaster in the making (in general).

I've been a regular attendee of youth games down at Belvoir Drive and so I'm basing my views on more than one game as I also watched quite a few last year but thought it was then down to the older players having been coached in a 'different' way. But there was a lot of younger ones there and they seem to be going the same way and lacking and attempting to use a lot attribute and skills of what I'd expect to see in all positions in today's football players.

Let's just say I was disappointed with what I saw compared to the style and individual skills shown by the Reading team.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

"Then last year we played amazing football and stormed the league..."

As always, I am in agreement with most of the well made points you raise but I am struggling to understand your view that "last year we played amazing football and stormed the league..." when >70% of our goals came from set-pieces scored by our centre-halves and we played vastly more experienced players than most of our opponents. 

IMO, two of the main reasons behind our success last year was exactly the opposite of "amazing football" (ie 1/. route ONE football and 2/. greater physicality than our younger opponents).

Will be interesting to see the results this year if we do try to match them technically and age-for-age as we were outclassed last night by a Reading team who were of a similar age and much better technically....same as Villa U23s last game last season

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Foxy-Lady said:

As always, I am in agreement with most of the well made points you raise but I am struggling to understand your view that "last year we played amazing football and stormed the league..." when >70% of our goals came from set-pieces scored by our centre-halves and we played vastly more experienced players than most of our opponents. 

IMO, two of the main reasons behind our success last year was exactly the opposite of "amazing football" (ie 1/. route ONE football and 2/. greater physicality than our younger opponents).

Will be interesting to see the results this year if we do try to match them technically and age-for-age as we were outclassed last night by a Reading team who were of a similar age and much better technically....same as Villa U23s last game last season

I agree with you, I meant that in terms of results we performed well.  It was badly worded, apologies.  :)  X

• Like 1

DlDvUXHWwAEO_D3.jpg:large

Looks like we are going all out for the win tonight!

Strange that Kaba Sherrif is not starting and Connor Tee doesn't even make the squad after Beaglehole singled them both out for praise after last Fridays game...??

Edited by Foxy-Lady
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

King & Diabate have been the worst players so far lol Dewsbury-Hall looks decent 

We're playing ok but there's nothing up front as Diabate isn't a striker. I'm turning off once Loft comes on though.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Mark said:

We're playing ok but there's nothing up front as Diabate isn't a striker. I'm turning off once Loft comes on though.

Yes, they've managed to get rid of all strikers at youth level and only 2 left at first team level bar that donkey. You wouldn't mind if we were a team that didn't put in about 30 crosses a game!!! Just a complete waste of fcukin time.

7 minutes ago, brucey said:

Is it just me or are the U23 games less exciting to watch than last season? We don't even look threatening at corners any more

Not very exciting watching poor Diabate run around upfront like a headless chicken lol