Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

2018/19 U23s, Development, U19s etc

....Love the balls played into the box by Ughelumba, he really tries to manipulate the ball into the right positions. I think if Uche was good enough he would have had a fair share of goals. 

Love the look of the Norwich number 9, a big contrast to Ryan Loft. He held the ball up well and was always looking to turn and face up our defence, probably worth a shout to try and bringing him here.

Shade hasn't hadn't had that many minutes but gets a fair few mentions. Looks promising. (Or perhaps I just notice him because he's got an awesome surname.)

Josh Knight was on the bench? I wonder what's happening with Hamza. If he's on the bench on Saturday then either Silva or Iborra will be left out...

I have no idea why (apparently) Hamza wants to fight for a first team place rather than go out on loan. A needy girlfriend in Leicester, shagging one of the staff at lcfc, had a bad time at Burton, can't tear himself away from lcfc?

18 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

I have no idea why (apparently) Hamza wants to fight for a first team place rather than go out on loan. A needy girlfriend in Leicester, shagging one of the staff at lcfc, had a bad time at Burton, can't tear himself away from lcfc?

He has a one month old baby.

Edited by brucey
  • Like 2

The U23s are overloaded with players that are unlikely to make it into our 1st team squad before their age limit is reached, some of them need to be sold not loaned this would free up space for some of the younger prospects who probably have a better chance in a couple of years of making the 1st team

• Like 2

1 hour ago, davieG said:

The U23s are overloaded with players that are unlikely to make it into our 1st team squad before their age limit is reached, some of them need to be sold not loaned this would free up space for some of the younger prospects who probably have a better chance in a couple of years of making the 1st team

who would you suggest needs to be sold? I myself find it difficult.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

who would you suggest needs to be sold? I myself find it difficult.

Well I'm not a qualified coach and I don't know what the short and medium term needs of the 1st team are like who is going to be moved on so wouldn't like to judge but I feel like some of these lads are just treading water with no real prospects of progressing at LCFC so it would be hard but better for them in the long run to be found lower league clubs where they have a better chance of developing further, it's almost like we're 'using' them for our own benefit rather than theirs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Well I'm not a qualified coach and I don't know what the short and medium term needs of the 1st team are like who is going to be moved on so wouldn't like to judge but I feel like some of these lads are just treading water with no real prospects of progressing at LCFC so it would be hard but better for them in the long run to be found lower league clubs where they have a better chance of developing further, it's almost like we're 'using' them for our own benefit rather than theirs.

Its signings like Loft and Uche that I find very odd, definitely feels like we're 'using' them like you said.

We need to find a balance soon in regards to loaning out our promising players whilst somewhat being competitive in the U21s league, but that seems only something the top, top teams manage.

Edited by lcfc sheff

1 hour ago, lcfc sheff said:

Its signings like Loft and Uche that I find very odd, definitely feels like we're 'using' them like you said.

We need to find a balance soon in regards to loaning out our promising players whilst somewhat being competitive in the U21s league, but that seems only something the top, top teams manage.

Uche was signed for 7 figures when he was about 17 and came very highly rated, a bit like what we’ve done with Calum Wright. The signings of Loft, Ramsay and other players released from PL clubs aged 19/20 is potentially top loading our academy and holding back the progress of promising youngsters like Tee and Pascanu. 

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

I don't think there's anything strange about the club using their paid employees.

Not strange just don't see the long term benefits for the players or the club apart from retaining the top league status.

10 minutes ago, davieG said:

Not strange just don't see the long term benefits for the players or the club apart from retaining the top league status.

Even if they don't make it in the end, I'd guess they'd rather have that life and that money for an extra year or 2 than doing the everyday jobs the rest of us do.

40 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Uche was signed for 7 figures when he was about 17 and came very highly rated, a bit like what we’ve done with Calum Wright. The signings of Loft, Ramsay and other players released from PL clubs aged 19/20 is potentially top loading our academy and holding back the progress of promising youngsters like Tee and Pascanu. 

Uche was signed for a nominal fee nowhere near 7 figures.

Seem it here Wright cost us "Several millions" again that's crap it was a nominal fee. 

41 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I hate to be the guy that rules out a player (Uche), but he looks like a failed signing already. I agree with the rest of what you've said.

2 hours ago, Webbo said:

Even if they don't make it in the end, I'd guess they'd rather have that life and that money for an extra year or 2 than doing the everyday jobs the rest of us do.

Well yeah if they're not good enough for the lower leagues but if that's the case there's even less reason to hang on to them.