Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

2018/19 U23s, Development, U19s etc

48 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

We recalled Bramley? Why?

It isn't a proper recall, he's allowed to play for both us and his loan club under the terms of the loan. He's just standing in for a game while Johansson is out with concussion.

So glad Hughes is back. Wins all the long balls, dominates at corners and throws his body on the line like Morgan. Shame we've gone and bought 2 new CBs while he was out injured.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, nwl fox said:

Not to get on Beagleholes back but in the pre-match interview he blamed lack of consistency on lack of consistency in the team!! Then he couldnt remember which players he had changed and forgot he'd recalled Bramley from his loan at Telford to play in this match. To top it all off he then spent ages banging on about how forest were one of his former teams and what a great club they are, really irked me...

We were beaten by a far better side last night and only in 2nd half were we competitive.  The football Forest played in first 45 mins was an absolute joy to watch and we were lucky to still be in the game by the time we equalised.

I watch a lot of Yth/Development football and Forest had FIVE of the best young players I have seen in recent times and FOUR of them were under 20 years old.(Numbers 2,6, 8, 9 & 10). Struggling to think of any LCFC players last night who came even close to their level of technical ability. The Forest No.9 was absolutely fantastic and their RB was the youngest player on the pitch...and still managed to shine.  Their No.10 completely outshone Hamza in 1st half but disappeared a bit in the 2nd half which was slightly disappointing from a purist perspective as I was really enjoying watching him play

Perhaps Beaglehole should look at how/why Forest are managing to produce players of that quality with their minimal resources and why he/we cant do the same at Leicester (with exception of Ndukwu & Eppiah) before he starts eulogising about what a great club Forest are...? 

I can only assume it is primarily down to the quality of recruitment and/or coaching as I cant see what other advantages they currently hold over us as a football club and they operate in the same catchment area.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Foxy-Lady said:

We were beaten by a far better side last night and only in 2nd half were we competitive.  The football Forest played in first 45 mins was an absolute joy to watch and we were lucky to still be in the game by the time we equalised.

I watch a lot of Yth/Development football and Forest had FIVE of the best young players I have seen in recent times and FOUR of them were under 20 years old.(Numbers 2,6, 8, 9 & 10). Struggling to think of any LCFC players last night who came even close to their level of technical ability. The Forest No.9 was absolutely fantastic and their RB was the youngest player on the pitch...and still managed to shine.  Their No.10 completely outshone Hamza in 1st half but disappeared a bit in the 2nd half which was slightly disappointing from a purist perspective as I was really enjoying watching him play

Perhaps Beaglehole should look at how/why Forest are managing to produce players of that quality with their minimal resources and why he/we cant do the same at Leicester (with exception of Ndukwu & Eppiah) before he starts eulogising about what a great club Forest are...? 

I can only assume it is primarily down to the quality of recruitment and/or coaching as I cant see what other advantages they currently hold over us as a football club and they operate in the same catchment area.

Excellent post and agree.

Hamza looked very sloppy and a shadow of what he can be but is coming back from injury according to his Mum!

Rudkin was there and you, I and i'm sure he wondered how we were so outplayed by a far better looking side for much of the game given the money thrown at the set up and the large amounts to the players themselves.

Inept performance other than a spell in the second half after a half time rollicking no doubt. Personally I felt a bit that the players looked like they had a right to win as part of 'mighty premiership LCFC'

13 hours ago, brucey said:

So glad Hughes is back. Wins all the long balls, dominates at corners and throws his body on the line like Morgan. Shame we've gone and bought 2 new CBs while he was out injured.

I have a completely unfounded feeling that Puel may use them anyway as I'm  not sure how keen Puel is on our first signing who was loaned out immediately and the other who's seen little action, admittedly with a language problem. It looks like Hughes and Knight are in a better position currently since by all reports Darnell hasn't had a storming season. 

How did Knight play?

50 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

I have a completely unfounded feeling that Puel may use them anyway as I'm  not sure how keen Puel is on our first signing who was loaned out immediately and the other who's seen little action, admittedly with a language problem. It looks like Hughes and Knight are in a better position currently since by all reports Darnell hasn't had a storming season. 

How did Knight play?

Overall, Knight played reasonably well but was slightly at fault for their 2nd goal. 

I suspect Knight could well be 'leaving' soon if they don't improve their current contract offer as he is out of contract next summer and there are several interested clubs who would happily sign him. For me, he is a far better prospect than Johnson but apparently, their latest offer is nowhere near as good as what they recently offered to Johnson

Edited by Foxy-Lady

3 minutes ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Overall, Knight played reasonably well but was slightly at fault for their 2nd goal. 

I suspect Knight could well be 'leaving' soon if they don't improve their current contract offer as he is out of contract next summer and there are several interested clubs who would happily sign him. For me, he is a far better prospect than Johnson but apparently, their latest offer is nowhere near as good as what they recently offered to Johnson

He seems, from a few matches I've watched, better going forwards than Darnell too.

*pray for some January loans*

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

How did Knight play?

Kept moving in an L shape! 

• Haha 4

Sam Hughes is back from injury. Darnell and Knight are promising centre backs. Yohan is kicking around for support. And Soyuncu doesn't seem to be breaking into the first team. That's five potential centre backs excluding the first teamers. And Benk may return. So surely, surely we should be loaning out one of Darnell, Knight or Hughes. Someone suggested clubs were lining up to take Hughes on loan before his injury. If we keep all of Knight, Hughes and Darnell in the development squad I'll start to think Beaglehole has abandonment issues.

I really dont understand the Checkatrade trophy, we've finished 2nd but we arent int he draw for the next round? Anyone understand how this works? Do the players know theyre out yet lol

Nvm, I was looking at last years table, do we at least get Europa Checkatrade football now?

Edited by Lambert09

LCFC TV's live coverage of Leicester City's Development Squad continues on Friday with the visit of Manchester City to Holmes Park in Premier League 2 (7pm GMT kick-off).
- Leicester City's Development Squad host Manchester City on Friday night (7pm GMT kick-off)
- The Foxes are currently seventh in Premier League 2, one place behind their visitors
- Holmes Park is the venue, while live LCFC TV coverage begins at 6:45pm GMT
- Tickets will be available on the night, priced at £3 for Adults and £1 for Concessions

The Foxes, who have had a two-week break from action, return to Premier League 2 Division 1 duties on Friday to tackle Paul Harsley's youngsters from Etihad Campus.

Commentator Nick Walsh will be joined by former Foxes manager Micky Adams in the gantry at Holmes Park from 6:45pm GMT.

Following a brief discussion between the pair, as well as a pre-match interview with a member of Leicester City's talented Under-23s squad, live match coverage begins at 7pm GMT.

Supporters can tune in on LCFC.com/tv. To make sure you don't miss out, supporters can register as Digital Members on LCFC.com HERE.

16 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Hughes ain't in the team again. Please God say he's injury free. We're playing three up front apparently with Loft, Muskwe and Shade.

I'd imagine they'll ease him back in there's no need to rush him back at that level.

2 hours ago, themightyfin said:

This Kid is a star in the making. Would not be surprised to see him get one or two games before the end of the season for the first team.

https://www.lcfc.com/tv/917944/tee-a-positive-result-important

What's his best position mate? We're going to be quite stocked for number 10's, hopefully he starts to get more starts for the U23's and keeps impressing. Does look classy, as does Wright and Shade.

Terrible game by both teams had to stop watching before the end. Saw the highlights and there was nothing except the penalty even that was rubbish.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Terrible game by both teams had to stop watching before the end. Saw the highlights and there was nothing except the penalty even that was 

This fixture has happened 5 times since the U23s were created and each result has been a draw! 

4 minutes ago, Collymore said:

This fixture has happened 5 times since the U23s were created and each result has been a draw! 

The guy doing the edited highlights said he was having a job finding any.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

What's his best position mate? We're going to be quite stocked for number 10's, hopefully he starts to get more starts for the U23's and keeps impressing. Does look classy, as does Wright and Shade.

His best/preferred position is No.10.

Very good technically with very good passing range/vision. Has developed physically over the past few years but still on the small side so unlikely to feature too much in Beagleholes U23s behemoths team due to size and very doubtful he will be anywhere near the fist team within the next few seasons if hes not featuring at U23 level

Tyresse Shade is certainly one to watch. Whoever scouted him for us did a very good job as he oozes class and pace. Just needs a little more time to work on his game awareness and he could be some player...!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Foxy-Lady said:

His best/preferred position is No.10.

Very good technically with very good passing range/vision. Has developed physically over the past few years but still on the small side so unlikely to feature too much in Beagleholes U23s behemoths team due to size and very doubtful he will be anywhere near the fist team within the next few seasons if hes not featuring at U23 level

Tyresse Shade is certainly one to watch. Whoever scouted him for us did a very good job as he oozes class and pace. Just needs a little more time to work on his game awareness and he could be some player...!

Agree with Shade. And Tee is already heavily involved with the U23s so not sure why  your saying he will hardly feature for them.

Yes he may be slight but he's  bulking up everyday and is just the sort if talent Claude would throw in if good enough for a game or two at the end of the season. 

You say he will not feature in the first team over the next few years? I'd say he will get a shot quicker than that if he keeps improving. 

5 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Agree with Shade. And Tee is already heavily involved with the U23s so not sure why  your saying he will hardly feature for them.

Yes he may be slight but he's  bulking up everyday and is just the sort if talent Claude would throw in if good enough for a game or two at the end of the season. 

You say he will not feature in the first team over the next few years? I'd say he will get a shot quicker than that if he keeps improving. 

Not disagreeing with you that Tee is a terrific prospect and that he is bulking up progressively but if you look at the game time stats, I think you will find that his actual U23 game time has been very limited since the opening few games of the season.

Currently being used as late 2nd half sub (if at all?) which is OK but not really giving him the chance to influence and seems to be put out wide when he comes on as a sub as opposed to his preferred/best no.10 position.

Beaglehole is very results driven (which is wrong IMO at U23 level) so when results are not going his way, he reverts to type (ie physicality, pressure, set piece goals) and quickly loses faith with the flair type players (ie Ndukwu, Tee etc)

I hope you are right about Tee as I like him but I don't see him progressing as quickly as you think he might under Beaglehole if U23 results are not going our way

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Not disagreeing with you that Tee is a terrific prospect and that he is bulking up progressively but if you look at the game time stats, I think you will find that his actual U23 game time has been very limited since the opening few games of the season.

Currently being used as late 2nd half sub (if at all?) which is OK but not really giving him the chance to influence and seems to be put out wide when he comes on as a sub as opposed to his preferred/best no.10 position.

Beaglehole is very results driven (which is wrong IMO at U23 level) so when results are not going his way, he reverts to type (ie physicality, pressure, set piece goals) and quickly loses faith with the flair type players (ie Ndukwu, Tee etc)

I hope you are right about Tee as I like him but I don't see him progressing as quickly as you think he might under Beaglehole if U23 results are not going our way

These are the type of player that needs plenty of game time so that they learn how to deal with bigger/stronger players there's nowhere else you can learn that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

These are the type of player that needs plenty of game time so that they learn how to deal with bigger/stronger players there's nowhere else you can learn that.

Beaglehole needs a picture of Muzzy on his office wall, there's a sleight player who knew how to deal with the big guys and the rough and tumble.

• Like 1