Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

2018/19 U23s, Development, U19s etc

13 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Maguire, Evans, Benny and Morgan. From what I've hard so far I'd prefer him to be our third choice. But I guess a championship club would give him more minutes.

I definitely wouldn't have Hughes as third choice lol. He's probably a better header of the ball at attacking corners than Maguire, but Hughes only has experience defending against non league and U23 attackers. I don't think he's quite ready for the PL lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brucey said:

I definitely wouldn't have Hughes as third choice lol. He's probably a better header of the ball at attacking corners than Maguire, but Hughes only has experience defending against non league and U23 attackers. I don't think he's quite ready for the PL lol

Puel had him on the bench a few times towards the end of the season so he must have some faith in him. But if he goes to a top championship club it'll be fun watching him, along with Barnes, in the championship next season.

Poland Trip Essential For PL2 Preparation, Says Beaglehole
DEVELOPMENT SQUAD

Steve Beaglehole is confident that work done in Poland this week will set Leicester City's Development Squad on course for a successful season in Premier League 2 Division 1.

- Development Squad manager Steve Beaglehole provides an update from Poland
- Leicester City's youngsters are preparing for the new Premier League 2 Division 1 season
- A total of 22 players of all youth-level ages, including Academy scholars, have made the trip
- City's Under-23s will discover their full fixture schedule for the new league season shortly 

A group of 22 youngsters have travelled with the Development Squad to embark on a week of fitness and conditioning work as part of their continued preparations for the upcoming campaign.

With intense daily training sessions, combined with tactical meetings, all located within walking distance of their headquarters, Beaglehole's talented squad is able to focus solely on football.

Last term, City's youngsters narrowly missed out on the Division 1 title which, following the hard work conducted this summer, bodes well for another productive season.

Claude Puel & Steve Beaglehole

“It’s been a brilliant trip, during which we have introduced some of the methods used by the first team on similar trips,” Beaglehole said this week.

“I joined Claude [Puel] and the first team coaching staff in Évian-les-Bains earlier this summer and it was beneficial both for me and the younger players to see what they get up to.

“Trips like these keep the players grounded. We’ve got a pitch which we can walk to in the mornings and we can focus on preparing for the new season 24 hours a day.

“We’re working closely with the players, making sure that they know what we expect from them physically and tactically ahead of the new season.

It all bodes well for another good season where we hope to perform well in matches, do well in the league, while always trying to push players on towards the first team.

Steve Beaglehole
“This is where you build a base level of fitness, but it’s also very important for the morale and camaraderie in the group.”

As the Development Squad await to discover their Premier League 2 fixtures, Beaglehole has also been enthused by the commitment of his young squad over the summer.

The trip to Poland has presented the Under-23s manager with the opportunity to introduce members of Trevor Peake’s Under-18s squad, something he believes will be an invaluable experience.

“We’re all really excited for the new season and we feel like we’re ready to once again give our best to try and do the Club proud in what is always a competitive league,” he added.

Sam Hughes
Development Squad regulars like Sam Hughes have trained with the senior squad this summer.

“One thing we’ve been able to do during these trips is, in a similar way to the first team taking some Under-23s, we’ve been able to welcome some Under-18s to the group.

“We’ve had a number of the scholars join us in Poland and they haven’t looked out of place, which is a testament to the work Trevor Peake and Steve Kirby do.

“It all bodes well for another good season where we hope to perform well in matches, do well in the league, while always trying to push players on towards the first team.”

1 hour ago, Lesta2014 said:

Iversen gone Oldham for the season and also signed a new 3 year contract. Hopefully he gets a regular game! They will hope to be challenging towards the top having been relegated so should be good for him.

Iversen has been given their number 1 shirt. Hope he does well, from what I've seen of him for the U23s his style of play is very much like Kasper's, and I would have been happy with him as 3rd choice first team keeper.

• Like 1

I feel like there is a bit more strategy behind these two loans, Barnes and Iversen, we obviously rate them as we have given them new contracts and feel they are ready for first team football in the relevant leagues. Liking what I see.

As they are both season long loans I'm thinking its in our interest to secure them or the team receiving the player or other teams have the option of picking them up cheaper/ player being tempted. 

Harvey was being paid a reasonable wage by football standards, would expect his wage to be similar to WBA players and they pick up his wage bill.

Similarly Iversen would demand higher than in the U23s. He did not come through the ranks so would of been paid higher than most to get him here.

Iversen's loan finally materializes. The club and player were hoping to agree a loan contract during the last January window, but alas.

Hopefully he gets minutes and good mentorship there.

• Like 1

Leicester City can confirm that the Development Squad’s entire 2018/19 Premier League 2 campaign will be broadcast live worldwide on LCFC TV after the fixtures were confirmed on Thursday.

- All of Leicester City Under-23s’ Premier League 2 games will be broadcast live on LCFC TV in 2018/19 
- The LCFC TV cameras will be following the next generation of City stars home and away 
- Steve Beaglehole’s side open their season against Swansea at King Power Stadium on Monday 13 August

City’s youngsters begin their season with a King Power Stadium fixture against Swansea City on Monday 13 August, before heading out on the road to face Everton a week later – with every game – home and away – available for free to supporters around the world on LCFC TV.

Steve Beaglehole’s side lit up the league with a series of thrilling and eye-catching displays that eventually saw them narrowly miss out on the league title with a third-placed finish behind Liverpool and winners Arsenal.

The Development Squad also continues to provide exciting young talent for Claude Puel’s first team, with the likes of Ben Chilwell, Hamza Choudhury, Harvey Barnes and Josh Knight all among those to make their senior debuts in recent seasons, thanks in part to the progress made in PL2.

Now with the LCFC TV cameras at every fixture, City fans can cast their eyes over the next generation of talent coming through the ranks as they compete at the elite level of youth football in England – PL2 Division 1.

After facing Swansea and Everton, home ties against Blackburn Rovers and Brighton either side of trips to Derby County and Chelsea make up the Development Squad’s opening six fixtures.

The Seagulls game on Monday 24 September will be the first of the season to be played at Holmes Park – the popular home of Leicester City’s Under-23s and venue for some impressive victories in recent seasons.

Seven more games will be played at the venue throughout the campaign while the season will end with a clash against current champions Arsenal at Emirates Stadium on Friday 26 April.

LEICESTER CITY’S 2018/19 PREMIER LEAGUE 2 FIXTURES:

AUGUST

Monday 13 | Swansea City (H) | King Power Stadium (7pm) 
Monday 20 | Everton (A) | TBC (7pm) 
Monday 27 | Blackburn Rovers (H) | King Power Stadium (7pm)

SEPTEMBER

Monday 3 | Derby County (A) | TBC (7pm) 
Sunday 16 | Chelsea (A) | Aldershot Town FC (7pm) 
Monday 24 | Brighton & Hove Albion (H) | Holmes Park (7pm)

OCTOBER

Monday 1 | Arsenal | Holmes Park (7pm) 
Friday 19 | Tottenham Hotspur (A) | Tottenham Hotspur Training Centre (12pm) 
Friday 26 | West Ham United (H) | Holmes Park (7pm)

NOVEMBER

Sunday 4 | Liverpool (A) | TBC (1pm) 
Friday 23 | Manchester City (H) | Holmes Park (7pm)

DECEMBER

Monday 10 | Brighton and Hove Albion (A) | Checkatrade.com Stadium (7pm) 
Monday 17 | Chelsea (H) | Holmes Park (7pm)

JANUARY

Monday 7 | Everton (H) | Holmes Park (7pm) 
Monday 14 | Swansea City (A) | Landore Training Centre (7pm)

FEBRUARY

Monday 4 | Blackburn Rovers (A) | Lancashire FA (7pm) 
Monday 18 | Derby County (H) | Holmes Park (7pm)

MARCH

Friday 1 | Manchester City (A) | City Football Academy (7pm) 
Friday 8 | Tottenham Hotspur (H) | Holmes Park (7pm)

APRIL

Monday 8 | West Ham United (A) | London Stadium (7pm) 
Friday 26 | Arsenal (A) | Emirates Stadium (7pm)

TBC | Liverpool (H)

All fixture dates and kick-off times are subject to change. Those changes will be reflected on LCFC.com as soon as they are announced.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Heard he's talented. Does he play attacking midfield/10 role? 

Found this on an Irish Website:

The Leicester under-18 manager is Trevor Peake, a former player with Coventry City’s 1987 FA Cup winning team. He’s full of praise for Conor Tee. 
The Foxes of Leicester website say how Conor and Tyrese Shade have been ‘scoring and assisting with consistency throughout the season’. Peake told the website that he saw comparisons in Conor with Shinji Okazaki, one of the stars of Leicester’s first team.  
“Conor plays in a No. 10. If you look at our first team, when [Shinji] Okazaki plays, he is a bundle of energy, and Conor is just like that,” said Peake. 
Conor Tee, remember the name.

3 minutes ago, Shane said:

Found this on an Irish Website:

The Leicester under-18 manager is Trevor Peake, a former player with Coventry City’s 1987 FA Cup winning team. He’s full of praise for Conor Tee. 
The Foxes of Leicester website say how Conor and Tyrese Shade have been ‘scoring and assisting with consistency throughout the season’. Peake told the website that he saw comparisons in Conor with Shinji Okazaki, one of the stars of Leicester’s first team.  
“Conor plays in a No. 10. If you look at our first team, when [Shinji] Okazaki plays, he is a bundle of energy, and Conor is just like that,” said Peake. 
Conor Tee, remember the name.

Waiting for all the,  does that mean he falls over a lot gags 

It makes sense to give Barnes and Iverson new deals just before they go on loan seeing as the club won't be paying there wages for a season anyway. Means we can keep them if they thrive or get a good fee if we decide to let them go.

• Like 3

On 26/07/2018 at 10:09, davieG said:

Poland Trip Essential For PL2 Preparation, Says Beaglehole
DEVELOPMENT SQUAD

Steve Beaglehole is confident that work done in Poland this week will set Leicester City's Development Squad on course for a successful season in Premier League 2 Division 1.

- Development Squad manager Steve Beaglehole provides an update from Poland
- Leicester City's youngsters are preparing for the new Premier League 2 Division 1 season
- A total of 22 players of all youth-level ages, including Academy scholars, have made the trip
- City's Under-23s will discover their full fixture schedule for the new league season shortly 

A group of 22 youngsters have travelled with the Development Squad to embark on a week of fitness and conditioning work as part of their continued preparations for the upcoming campaign.

With intense daily training sessions, combined with tactical meetings, all located within walking distance of their headquarters, Beaglehole's talented squad is able to focus solely on football.

Last term, City's youngsters narrowly missed out on the Division 1 title which, following the hard work conducted this summer, bodes well for another productive season.

Claude Puel & Steve Beaglehole

“It’s been a brilliant trip, during which we have introduced some of the methods used by the first team on similar trips,” Beaglehole said this week.

“I joined Claude [Puel] and the first team coaching staff in Évian-les-Bains earlier this summer and it was beneficial both for me and the younger players to see what they get up to.

“Trips like these keep the players grounded. We’ve got a pitch which we can walk to in the mornings and we can focus on preparing for the new season 24 hours a day.

“We’re working closely with the players, making sure that they know what we expect from them physically and tactically ahead of the new season.

It all bodes well for another good season where we hope to perform well in matches, do well in the league, while always trying to push players on towards the first team.

Steve Beaglehole
“This is where you build a base level of fitness, but it’s also very important for the morale and camaraderie in the group.”

As the Development Squad await to discover their Premier League 2 fixtures, Beaglehole has also been enthused by the commitment of his young squad over the summer.

The trip to Poland has presented the Under-23s manager with the opportunity to introduce members of Trevor Peake’s Under-18s squad, something he believes will be an invaluable experience.

“We’re all really excited for the new season and we feel like we’re ready to once again give our best to try and do the Club proud in what is always a competitive league,” he added.

Sam Hughes
Development Squad regulars like Sam Hughes have trained with the senior squad this summer.

“One thing we’ve been able to do during these trips is, in a similar way to the first team taking some Under-23s, we’ve been able to welcome some Under-18s to the group.

“We’ve had a number of the scholars join us in Poland and they haven’t looked out of place, which is a testament to the work Trevor Peake and Steve Kirby do.

“It all bodes well for another good season where we hope to perform well in matches, do well in the league, while always trying to push players on towards the first team.”

Beaglehole seems to have been at the club for about 15 years - must be one of the longest serving staffers 

On ‎26‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 20:56, Webbo said:

It makes sense to give Barnes and Iverson new deals just before they go on loan seeing as the club won't be paying there wages for a season anyway. Means we can keep them if they thrive or get a good fee if we decide to let them go.

I think the club always insist on players signing new extended deals before going out on loan precisely for this reason......they remain committed to the club for as long as we want them and their sale value increases if they do well and we decide to sell them on.

Benefit for the player is that they get an improved deal in terms of wages and longevity

Knight, Johnson, Gordon & Ndukwu all looked solid against Valencia. 

Gordon’s performance was a surprise, because I thought he’s looked quite average for the u23s in all honesty - but so did Hamza imo.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Shane said:

Knight, Johnson, Gordon & Ndukwu all looked solid against Valencia. 

Gordon’s performance was a surprise, because I thought he’s looked quite average for the u23s in all honesty - but so did Hamza imo.

The confidence and faith of Puel, seems to be giving them the edge. Choudhury was the absolute pits at Burton and for our U23's until Puel came in. Elder's developed well out on loan and is nearly 23 so is expected to be reaching his potential. Ndukwu and Johnson are the ones to be progressed either on loan or in our first team next.

5 minutes ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Ive often wondered if the step up from U23s to 1st team is quite as big as folk make out....or whether its just a bit of a glass ceiling for managers to use an excuse not to pick younger inexperienced players (ie self preservation).

Doubt whether Rashford would ever have got a game at Utd without their extreme injury crisis they suffered and yet look how easily he made the step up. Same for Tom Davies and Jonjo Kenny at Everton, Trent Arnold and Woodburn at Liverpool and RLC at Crystal Palace. Plenty of evidence of inexperienced U23 players coping well with the step up to 1st team but still the myth persists.

Personally, I am also surprised by how well Hamza & Darnell have adjusted to 1st team as they never looked particularly amazing at U23 level but just goes to show what can happen when you give youth a chance...! 

Well done to the young lads.......and Claude Puel for giving them a chance!

You've said before how Johnson seemed to lack the technical ability you'd expect and Choudhury always struck me as being limited but the confidence that Puel will be giving them can bring the best out of players at a crucial time where progression can seem limitless.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You've said before how Johnson seemed to lack the technical ability you'd expect and Choudhury always struck me as being limited but the confidence that Puel will be giving them can bring the best out of players at a crucial time where progression can seem limitless.

You are quite correct. I never really understood what people saw in Johnson but not for the first time in my life, I may have made a misjudgement.

Agree with you also on Hamza although I have always liked watching him, just thought he needed to show a bit more maturity and a better range of passing which he now seems to be doing 

• Like 2