Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

2018/19 U23s, Development, U19s etc

Leicester bring in Poland youth international for week long trial, according to his club -14-year-old Iwo Kaczmarski

Currently fifth in the Polish league, Korona Kielce are enjoying a nice little run of form, having won three of their last five games in the league.

However, their form isn’t what interests us, but more what’s happening in their youth sector, as the club announced on Monday that one of their youngsters is currently undergoing a trial at Leicester.

Constantly on the lookout for the next best thing in Europe, Premier League clubs, such as the Foxes, do this quite regularly, as bringing in the player in for a couple of weeks allows them to see him up close in training, potentially even using him in a couple of games to see how he fares.

The player in question this time is 14-year-old Iwo Kaczmarski, who will be training with the King Power Stadium based club ‘for the next week where he was invited by the club’s authorities’, according to Korona Kielce’s Facebook page, relayed by CK Sport.

The Polish side wished their youngster ‘good luck’ and let him know they’re ‘keeping their fingers crossed’.

We aren’t going to sit here and tell you all about him because, quite frankly, we don’t know a lot about the Poland U15 international other than he appears to be able to play as either a central or defensive midfielder.

Nothing might come from this, but it could also incite Leicester to start talks with Korona Kielce about relocating the youngster to join the Foxes’ youth ranks down the line.

We’ll try and keep an eye on this over the next week to see if we can tell you how the trial went.

On 30/11/2018 at 19:11, Foxy-Lady said:

Pascanu's preferred position is Centre back but he is usually asked to play at RB to accommodate Johnson at CB.  Only in last few games has this changed following the defeat Vs Forest when Johnson was badly exposed at CB

IMO, Pascanu & Knight are both much better prospects at CB than Johnson but for some reason, Johnson always seems to get all the headlines (famous relatives??) and recently earned himself a lucrative 3 year deal while neither Pascanu or Knight have been offered anything remotely similar as they enter the final 6 months of their contracts.

Do you know what they’re planning on doing with Elliot Moore? 

With Johnson, Knight and Pascanu already in the u23’s I’m not sure if Moore is ahead of them three or behind in the pecking order.

EDIT - add this other new CB into the mix I’d imagine that’s the end of Knight and Pascanu at the end of the season?

Edited by LCFC FOX

16 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

Do you know what they’re planning on doing with Elliot Moore? 

With Johnson, Knight and Pascanu already in the u23’s I’m not sure if Moore is ahead of them three or behind in the pecking order.

EDIT - add this other new CB into the mix I’d imagine that’s the end of Knight and Pascanu at the end of the season?

He's not having a fantastic second season at OHL apparently. Not sure if he's better than Darnell, Knight, Pasc or Hughes though.

Christ, I had to edit that post to add in another centre back.

Morgan, Evans, Maguire, Soyuncu, Benkovic, Darnell, Pasc, Knight, Hughes, Moore, Benny and Obi.

We've got enough centre backs to field a whole team with one of them managing.

Edited by Foxxed

5 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

He's not having a fantastic second season at OHL apparently. Not sure if he's better than Darnell, Knight, Pasc or Hughes though.

Morgan, Evans, Maguire, Soyuncu, Benkovic, Darnell, Pasc, Knight, Hughes, Moore and Benny.

We've got enough centre backs to field a whole team. Nine next season.

Makes you nostalgic for the days when we were over supplied with (albeit pretty terrible) right backs 

49 minutes ago, nwl fox said:

Oh good, if theres one thing we're short of in the u23's its Centre Backs :nigel:

Based on previous years with the low success rate (Premier/Championship progression) I guess the more you have, assuming they've been selected for their potential the better chance of some succeeding.

It may also be part of the strategy, as the costs are relatively low to plan on selling some to the lower leagues, Well I assume that's why we signed Lofty, although based on what I've seen of him even that would be optimistic :P.

1 minute ago, davieG said:

Based on previous years with the low success rate (Premier/Championship progression) I guess the more you have, assuming they've been selected for their potential the better chance of some succeeding.

It may also be part of the strategy, as the costs are relatively low to plan on selling some to the lower leagues, Well I assume that's why we signed Lofty, although based on what I've seen of him even that would be optimistic :P.

Yeah i was being flippant. Hopefully, we're looking for more options up front though because that is definitely where we are weakest and like you i dont hold out much hope for Loft...

6 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Morgan, Evans, Maguire, Soyuncu, Benkovic, Darnell, Pasc, Knight, Hughes, Moore, Benny and Obi.

We've got enough centre backs to field a whole team with one of them managing.

Actually a half decent side! Outside chance of a clean sheet and a fantastic 11 man wall for free kicks.

Benny to manage I think, (safest that way.)

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

Actually a half decent side! Outside chance of a clean sheet and a fantastic 11 man wall for free kicks.

Benny to manage I think, (safest that way.)

Benny can be manager, but we all know Morgan picks the team... :ph34r:

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Couple of them can play FB and CM anyway, Maguire played LWB with England, and Benny clearly fancies himself as a striker.. This could be decent

4-4-2

Soyuncu (GK)

Johnson Morgan Evans Benkovic

Pascanu Knight Hughes Maguire

Benny Moore

1 hour ago, brucey said:

Couple of them can play FB and CM anyway, Maguire played LWB with England, and Benny clearly fancies himself as a striker.. This could be decent

4-4-2

Soyuncu (GK)

Johnson Morgan Evans Benkovic

Pascanu Knight Hughes Maguire

Benny Moore

Soyuncu stared his career as a striker. Knight has played well in right midfield - got some very good pace too. For some reason I think Hughes is the tallest.

Hughes

Johnson Morgan Evans Benk

Knight Pasc Obi Maguire

Soyuncu Moore

Manager: Benny

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Knight on the bench tonight, I thought someone said Pascanu was fully integrated with the first team squad and ahead of the others?

But someone said that Knight was the better player with the threat of a goal in him too.

12 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Knight on the bench tonight, I thought someone said Pascanu was fully integrated with the first team squad and ahead of the others?

From the games I've watched Knight's been the better player. Pascanu's looked okay but never stood out. I haven't watched our last three or something though.

anyone know the extent of Ndukwu's injury and whether he's likely to be back anytime soon?. I gather the only other striking possibility from the dev squad is Ryan Loft who is not getting rave reviews. Annoying, as most people would recognise the sense of utilising the youngsters and giving them game time over this period

5 minutes ago, surrifox said:

anyone know the extent of Ndukwu's injury and whether he's likely to be back anytime soon?. I gather the only other striking possibility from the dev squad is Ryan Loft who is not getting rave reviews. Annoying, as most people would recognise the sense of utilising the youngsters and giving them game time over this period

Muskwe

38 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Shade.