Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

2018/19 U23s, Development, U19s etc

21 minutes ago, Shane said:

Anyone else a bit disappointed we spent £30m on deadline day for two CB’s when we have Johnson, Hughes, Knight and even Elliot Moore who all deserve a chance.

Yes and no. I thought Hughes, Knight and Johnson were superb for the U23's but Puel has history for bringing through youth players so if he thinks they aren't ready then he's perhaps right. Benkovic and Soyuncu are two of the best young centre halves in Europe and it's surprising we've got them both so perhaps it was simply too good an opportunity to miss, I'd get all 3 on season long loans. With Morgan and possibly Maguire going next summer at least one of them could be ready to stake a claim next season with a full seasons professional football behind them.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yes and no. I thought Hughes, Knight and Johnson were superb for the U23's but Puel has history for bringing through youth players so if he thinks they aren't ready then he's perhaps right. Benkovic and Soyuncu are two of the best young centre halves in Europe and it's surprising we've got them both so perhaps it was simply too good an opportunity to miss, I'd get all 3 on season long loans. With Morgan and possibly Maguire going next summer at least one of them could be ready to stake a claim next season with a full seasons professional football behind them.

Do we know it’s Puel who’s made that decision though. For all we know our recruitment staff wanted the 2 CB’s, so Puel can’t promote someone like Johnson because the 2 new recruits become priorities.