Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

2018/19 U23s, Development, U19s etc

Amazed Derby aren’t looking at Johnson or Knight on loans given the state of their defence! I’m all for keeping them here but 5 months in the championship would be amazing for either one

38 minutes ago, FIF said:

use an English vpn. It's how I have to do it too.

If I knew what a VPN was and how to get one, I would.  I thought it meant Visible Panty Nickers?

15 minutes ago, Shane said:

Do we know it’s Puel who’s made that decision though. For all we know our recruitment staff wanted the 2 CB’s, so Puel can’t promote someone like Johnson because the 2 new recruits become priorities.

I'm pretty sure Puel gets final say, you wouldn't fcukin bother otherwise. Look what he's doing with the old guard, he's more than happy to bin them.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Amazed Derby aren’t looking at Johnson or Knight on loans given the state of their defence! I’m all for keeping them here but 5 months in the championship would be amazing for either one

Not playing for the Sheep. That could finish them off.

Josh Knight's been great on the right. Comfortable on the ball, happy to take the ball upfield, looking menacing.

Ndukwu had some really nice periods of play.

Choudhury's playing as the last man when the two centre halfs move forwards. Wonder if he may do the same in the first team eventually.

Callum Elder looks like he'd make a great utility player for the first team.

Benkovik and Darnell seemed solid. Darnell looked a bit better this evening. Think this was Benkovik's first game since injury.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

Where do you live?

In a small village surrounded by Vineyard 80km West of Vienna.   So either Austria is officially subject to LCFCtv sanctions or I have blacklisted by my mate 'Rudders'.  

• Like 1

"Another string to your...... bow? Is that the right word? Bow?"

"Yes, I believe it is."

Jesus Christ. Who's does the commentary for OHL in Flemish? Let's put in a transfer request for January.

• Like 1

Encouraging first game. Shame we couldn't score more but it's a well-earned clean sheet for Johansson with Ndukwu, Knight & Choudhury the stand-out players.

Knight ended up playing centre-midfield and looked fairly composes; made one surging run which created a good opportunity but he did well to adapt from RB to CM.

Choudhury showed his first-team experience with how he played, good passing and linking with defence as well as attack. Ndukwu took his goal well and was central to most attacks. 

Some of the players are probably too good for this level to be honest and deserve more competitive football. Will look forward to seeing more of Johansson though. Two very good saves in the 2nd half to keep it at 1-0 and obviously proved vital given we didn't score more.

Edited by StanSP

13 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Josh Knight's been great on the right. Comfortable on the ball, happy to take the ball upfield, looking menacing.

Ndukwu had some really nice periods of play.

Choudhury's playing as the last man when the two centre halfs move forwards. Wonder if he may do the same in the first team eventually.

Callum Elder looks like he'd make a great utility player for the first team.

Benkovik and Darnell seemed solid. Darnell looked a bit better this evening. Think this was Benkovik's first game since injury.

It will be interesting to see how many of these feature in the League Cup. 

1 minute ago, GingerrrFox said:

Josh Knight and Ndukwu both need a loan to League football. Hamza needs a loan to the Championship if he’s not gonna get games in the first team. He’s not progressing at this level, he was already too good for it last season.

He's already been on loan in the Championship. I get the feeling he's too good for the Championship now. I'd prefer to keep him in and around the first team. If we do have two ball playing centre backs he may well find a place.

2 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Josh Knight and Ndukwu both need a loan to League football. Hamza needs a loan to the Championship if he’s not gonna get games in the first team. He’s not progressing at this level, he was already too good for it last season.

The problem is that Hamza wasn't playing that much when he was on loan last time. Playing U23's was perfect for him last year, because it got him on the bench when needed. So they need to make sure if they are loaned, they are going to play. 

32 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Encouraging first game. Shame we couldn't score more but it's a well-earned clean sheet for Johansson with Ndukwu, Knight & Choudhury the stand-out players.

Knight ended up playing centre-midfield and looked fairly composes; made one surging run which created a good opportunity but he did well to adapt from RB to CM.

Choudhury showed his first-team experience with how he played, good passing and linking with defence as well as attack. Ndukwu took his goal well and was central to most attacks. 

Some of the players are probably too good for this level to be honest and deserve more competitive football. Will look forward to seeing more of Johansson though. Two very good saves in the 2nd half to keep it at 1-0 and obviously proved vital given we didn't score more.

I didn't see tonights game but I've seen him many times last season. That's his best role, left free to support the play wherever it is. I think he's a better option than either Iborra or Silva playing with NDiddi. Simply because he's more mobile and not afraid to put a foot in. I think it's only a matter of time until he gets his chance.

• Like 4

Took my 4 year old to his first ever match. Classic!

Josh Knight by far the best player on the pitch. Ndukwu very good first half and Johansson veey good in goal. Benkovic looked rusty but that's understandable.

Ryan Loft was horrendous, reminded me of a slower version of Steve Howard but without the aerial threat.

30 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I didn't see tonights game but I've seen him many times last season. That's his best role, left free to support the play wherever it is. I think he's a better option than either Iborra or Silva playing with NDiddi. Simply because he's more mobile and not afraid to put a foot in. I think it's only a matter of time until he gets his chance.

Definitely. Both Silva and Iborra are better technically but he'll only get better playing the first team and his athleticism and workrate are two things neither of those players have. I'll be interesting to see how Puel uses Choudhury.

The u23s are playing on Friday. I'm sure either Darnell or Choudhury would play two u23 games in a week and then get on the first team bench too.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I think Choudhury is third choice to pair with Ndidi right now, but first choice to replace Ndidi if he gets injured or suspended.

• Like 1