Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

World Cup Betting Thread.

On 24/05/2018 at 16:55, ScouseFox said:

had a few already. most involve egypt before the bookies reacted to the fact that salah could easily get them to the last 8 by himself. 

salah golden boot @ 80/1 

win their group @ 6/1 

were the main two. few involving sane as well, top scorer, player of the tournament etc. 

i have no idea who is going to win it so haven’t had any conventional bets yet. 

so salah is going to play with one arm behind his back and sane didn’t even get in the germany squad lol 

i love gambling. 

• Haha 3

Reading up I might have a silly fiver on Morocco making the last 16. They have a strong squad but need to pull off a shock. Normally they'd get 2nd in a run of the mill group. 

I think Jesus for the Golden Boot makes sound thinking given their group. 

5 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Reading up I might have a silly fiver on Morocco making the last 16. They have a strong squad but need to pull off a shock. Normally they'd get 2nd in a run of the mill group. 

I think Jesus for the Golden Boot makes sound thinking given their group. 

yeah i’ve invested in jesus too. of the top teams only him and griezmann are really top strikers other than argentina, who have too many strikers they all end up falling over themselves. 

giroud looks a decent price too. 

spain/jesus in the winner/top scorer market @ 150/1. 

jesus top scorer @ 18/1. 

france/peru straight forecast in their group @ 100/30. 

uruguay/egypt both to qualify from their group @ 9/2. 

and a fun few;

giroud, kramaric, jesus and cavani top team scorers @ around 450/1. 

under 145 goals @ 11/4. 

under 11 red cards @ 5/4. 

the above two doubled, too. 

Over 11 red cards+under 35 converted penalties @ 3.9

Jesus top scorer, Brazil winner @ 50/1

Nigeria and Croatia to qualify from group stages (ahead of Argentina) @ 12/1

Uruguay, Brazil, Germany, Spain to win their groups @ 4.6

10 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

150/1 for Germany and Brazil to get 9 points from the group and Iran and Panama to get 0 points, does that seem quite long?

Worth a very small bet at those odds for the outside chance of picking up £300 on a £2 bet or whatever. But a lot of ways for the bet to fail, hence the long odds, I presume.

Fair chance of Panama getting a draw v. Tunisia, or Iran v. Morocco, while any of the 3 opponents that Brazil and Germany face could nab a surprise draw (or win), including in a final dead rubber.

not many teams get 9 points in a group at major tournaments. brazil, france and germany all didn’t last time round despite having pretty easy groups. germany, spain and brazil didn’t in 2010 either despite having even easier groups. 

always looks really obvious but as alf said they’ll draw a final game after two wins or they’ll struggle to a draw in their opening game etc. 

Who is offering those RAB bets, @Bert?

The Germany, Suarez & Panama bet looks particularly good @ 1500-1.

Distinctly possible that Germany could win the WC and Panama be lowest scorers - and far from impossible that Suarez could win Golden Boot, especially facing Russia, Egypt & Saudi in the group stage....if he got, say, 4 in those games, he might only need a couple more in the knock-out stage......£2 staked with a chance of winning £3000 is enticing. 

Edited by Alf Bentley

32 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Who is offering those RAB bets, @Bert?

The Germany, Suarez & Panama bet looks particularly good @ 1500-1.

Distinctly possible that Germany could win the WC and Panama be lowest scorers - and far from impossible that Suarez could win Golden Boot, especially facing Russia, Egypt & Saudi in the group stage....if he got, say, 4 in those games, he might only need a couple more in the knock-out stage......£2 staked with a chance of winning £3000 is enticing. 

They're on Skybet mate. Some great ones on there. 

• Thanks 1

On 07/06/2018 at 14:15, theessexfox said:

150/1 for Germany and Brazil to get 9 points from the group and Iran and Panama to get 0 points, does that seem quite long?

That's effectively a 12 fold though so it's about right.