Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

World Cup Betting Thread.

Guest seanfox778
On 07/06/2018 at 14:15, theessexfox said:

150/1 for Germany and Brazil to get 9 points from the group and Iran and Panama to get 0 points, does that seem quite long?

I put a fiver on that but it is a long shot like others have said. Iran play Morocco and I don’t know much about either team but that seems like it could go either way. Germany play Mexico and Sweden which will be tough. Brazil could have hard games against Switzerland and Costa Rica. I hope it does happen though.

1 hour ago, seanfox778 said:

I put a fiver on that but it is a long shot like others have said. Iran play Morocco and I don’t know much about either team but that seems like it could go either way. Germany play Mexico and Sweden which will be tough. Brazil could have hard games against Switzerland and Costa Rica. I hope it does happen though.

Morocco to beat Iran is one of my favourite bets of the tournament. Seems a lovely price based on what I've read and heard so far. 

32 minutes ago, lildave3 said:

Morocco to beat Iran is one of my favourite bets of the tournament. Seems a lovely price based on what I've read and heard so far. 

If Morocco had any easier second seed than Portugal, I'd have backed them to be best African team and to qualify from the group. Good side. 

Guest seanfox778
1 hour ago, lildave3 said:

46 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

If Morocco had any easier second seed than Portugal, I'd have backed them to be best African team and to qualify from the group. Good side. 

That’s good news then. Come on Morocco! 

Quick betting idea for those interested. The formation England now play can only accommodate one defensive midfielder. Southgate has openly said this himself. I can't see any way he's going to start Dier and Henderson against Tunisia; it's simply got to be one or the other. 

On Bet365 you can bet on who is/isn't going to start. £50 on Dier NOT to start returns £170 and £50 on Henderson NOT to start returns £131. If Southgate starts Dier you make a £31 profit, if he goes for Henderson (which I think he will), you make a £70 profit. 

• Like 1

had a decent punt on trippier most england assists @ 14/1 last week. 

plays every game i reckon, effectively as a right winger, takes set pieces, most assists to harry kane last season. big price. 

Just lumped on Lewandowski for golden boot at 25/1 - games against Columbia, Japan and Senegal, I reckon he'll bag 3/4 in the group stages, then we'll draw them in R16 and he'll score a couple against us I can see it.

11 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Someone I know has put a grand on there to be no own goals at the WC at 80/1 lol

The very same bet I posted in this thread..... Guessing we both know him! 

Group winners accumulator:

A - Uruguay

B - Portugal

C - France 

D - Argentina

E - Brazil

F - Germany

G - England

H - Colombia 

Got a tenner on at 126/1 .

The only certainties are Brazil, Germany and Uruguay but thought why not tbh

Edited by Shane

3 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

also smolov to score a header @ 25s is a bit big, surely. giroud in the same market is 7/2 for their game. cavani is 11/1. 25 for big odds on favourites’ main striker? yeah 

haha nice, wait 70 minutes til they take him off to put the first decent cross in and his replacement scores a simple header. 

seeing a lot of decent journos who are with the england squad at training etc tweeting the same team that they’re working on in training, presumably to start the opening game. 

365 still have a market on who’s starting. stand out is cahill not to start @ 5/4 as its being assumed that maguire is going to start (quite rightly) instead. ashley young @ 6/4 to start is the only other one who is a decent price. 

10 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

seeing a lot of decent journos who are with the england squad at training etc tweeting the same team that they’re working on in training, presumably to start the opening game. 

365 still have a market on who’s starting. stand out is cahill not to start @ 5/4 as its being assumed that maguire is going to start (quite rightly) instead. ashley young @ 6/4 to start is the only other one who is a decent price. 

Is that market still available? Can't find it! 

1 hour ago, Hitesh said:

Is that market still available? Can't find it! 

nah got rid whenever they got into work this morning i’m guessing. left it out horrifically overnight though. could be celebrating the team news more than the goals here